Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Blazer wrote: »
    Ignoring nostalgia I don’t think so.
    I picked it up for €40 or so but apart from doing both runs it wouldn’t appeal to me in the long run.

Ah here, it's a super game. Gameplay, graphics, sound and atmosphere are brilliant. One of the best single player games I've played this generation.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Ah here, it's a super game. Gameplay, graphics, sound and atmosphere are brilliant. One of the best single player games I've played this generation.

Ah its good but I dunno about best games... what exactly encompasses this generation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Ah its good but I dunno about best games... what exactly encompasses this generation?

Single player wise I would agree with TitianGerm. Besides Red Dead 2 and Doom I am struggling to remember any standout single player games released in the last few years. Wolfenstein was good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Cheapest place to get this for PS4?

Saw it in argos for 45 but they only have the Xbox one version available now.

Rory28 wrote: »
    Single player wise I would agree with TitianGerm. Besides Red Dead 2 and Doom I am struggling to remember any standout single player games released in the last few years. Wolfenstein was good too.

Actually you're most definitely right. Scratching my head at any decent single player games I've played recently. The Hex. That's about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

God of War, no?

• Actually you're most definitely right. Scratching my head at any decent single player games I've played recently. The Hex. That's about it.

Ara lads!

Slightly off topic but this generation included:

Titanfall 2, Wolfenstein New Blood & 2 the sequel, Bloodborne, Yakuza 6 & Kuwami 2, Fist of the North Star, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted Lost Legacy, God of War, Resident Evil 7, Hitman, Dark Souls 3, Spiderman, Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Neir Automata, GTA V

But Res Evil 2 Remake is up there with the very best it's that good IMO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

How was Resi 7? Was a tad miffed that I never actually bought it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Titanfall 2, Wolfenstein New Blood & 2 the sequel, Bloodborne, Yakuza 6 & Kuwami 2, Fist of the North Star, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted Lost Legacy, God of War, Resident Evil 7, Hitman, Dark Souls 3, Spiderman, Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Neir Automata, GTA V

Forgot about Titanfall 2. Best 6 euro I ever spent. The campaign was deadly. I never played Resi 7 becuase I still haven't got a headset and I would love to give it a go in VR.

Ara lads!

Slightly off topic but this generation included:

Only played Dark Souls 3, Nier Automata and GTA V. Didn't finish DS3, Nier was a repetitive slog (which technically I didn't finish because you have to play it 5 times apparently) and GTA V was released 5+ years ago?! One downside of playing on PC, a lot of those won't make it the platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ah yeah some of it is subjective and people have different opinions on games but if you don't like Resi 2 remake your opinion is just wrong
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

It was amazing you need to get it if you liked re2make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Fookin terrifying, thoroughly enjoyable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Wasnt a fan of RE 5,6 or 7. Personal preference I suppose.

Love this new RE 2 Remake and there are words on the wind that if this sells really well they will look to remake RE 3 next based on the same RE Engine etc. "Take all of my money" NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ZiabR wrote: »
    Love this new RE 2 Remake and there are words on the wind that if this sells really well they will look to remake RE 3 next based on the same RE Engine etc. "Take all of my money" NOW!

Work has started on 3 before this was released. Capcom have already confirmed this but won't discuss it yet as very early days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Work has started on 3 before this was released. Capcom have already confirmed this but won't discuss it yet as very early days.

It should be much quicker given that the original and some assets are already done. The original game used a fair bit from Resi 2.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Awesome. They may as well get cracking on 0, 1 and Code Veronica at this point too. I'd buy them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Awesome. They may as well get cracking on 0, 1 and Code Veronica at this point too. I'd buy them all.

0 & Resi 1 are already available. Gamecube, and then addtional HD versions on current gen afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

0 and 1 are done, 1 was remade twice and is out on current consoles as it is.

0 and 1 are done, 1 was remade twice and is out on current consoles as it is.

I know and I have them but they could do it again with the new engine and I'll buy them again.

I might have a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Unpopular opinion but I thought Code Veronica was on one of the worst of the franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Unpopular opinion but I thought Code Veronica was on one of the worst of the franchise

It was great on its initial release, but yeah, hasnt aged well, the cut scenes are atrocious, same with 0's. But i would like to see it get a similar make over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thinks it's more to do with Claire being a wholly uninteresting character, and that Steven fella god I couldn't stand him

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rumors from a source Evil VR who had confirmed the Resi 2 demo early has come out with some info. Obviously take with a huge grain of salt.

Capcom currently working in Resi 3 REmake and Resi 8. The concept for 8 will continue on from 7 where you explore an abandoned Island to find the truth about the big bad from 7. They said Capcom will be ditching the first person view with the recent success of Resi 2 style. Still deciding if it will be called 8 or will be a spin off and we should be seeing 3 well before 8 anyway.

I'd say 3 is well in development myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Thinks it's more to do with Claire being a wholly uninteresting character, and that Steven fella god I couldn't stand him

I cant really remember Claires persona in it tbh, i just remember Steves scenes were mostly cringe and he would need a major overhaul.

Yeah I've also heard RE3 is greenlit and they're well into it. Like any rumour if it's something I want to be true I'm fully onboard.

I'm watching a speed run of Veronica at the moment and so far can't remember any of it. I tell a lie one bit so far a crane moving a container (although I thought that was from Dino Crisis)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I'd say 3 is well in development myself.

Oh baby..... insert droolingHomergifhere

If Mr. X is bad. Nemesis was a nightmare in RE3. What's he going to be like?

If Mr. X is bad. Nemesis was a nightmare in RE3. What's he going to be like?

at least Nemesis is put downable with rewards, although in saying that I played it on the Vita about a year ago and was horrified by how much damage he took, in fact the first encounter made me put it down and then remembered I should have run away.
    I did one run taking him on years ago and it just wasn't worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'll die a happy man if RE3 is being remade! STARRRRRSSSSSSSS! :D

Advertisement