Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    at least Nemesis is put downable with rewards, although in saying that I played it on the Vita about a year ago and was horrified by how much damage he took, in fact the first encounter made me put it down and then remembered I should have run away.
    I did one run taking him on years ago and it just wasn't worth it

Not to be a smartass but technically killing Mr X in the original RE2 gave you ammo

Nemisis was the evolution of Mr X in every way

Yeah I've also heard RE3 is greenlit and they're well into it. Like any rumour if it's something I want to be true I'm fully onboard.

I'm watching a speed run of Veronica at the moment and so far can't remember any of it. I tell a lie one bit so far a crane moving a container (although I thought that was from Dino Crisis)

I'm in the middle of a playthrough of Code Veronica also. I'm near the end but it's longer than I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm in the middle of a playthrough of Code Veronica also. I'm near the end but it's longer than I remember.

What platform are you playing it on? was there a HD polish of the game?

If Mr. X is bad. Nemesis was a nightmare in RE3. What's he going to be like?

You couldn't outrun him and he had a rocket launcher.

• nix wrote: »
    What platform are you playing it on? was there a HD polish of the game?

I'm playing it on PS3 the HD version.

Doing that in between games of RE2 Remake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Those zombies are something. Lodged a few bullets in ones head, thinking I killed him. Well he came back to life so I lodged the last few bullets in my gun in his head. Bloody zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I heard he can fly and shots lasers out of his arse in the RE3 remake.

>>

<<

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

2sj6u4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The speed run I'm watching is 1 : 39, the guy doing it is lamenting the fact that all the other Resi games can be done in an hour. I genuinely don't remember it at all. Was there a code veronica X or something?

The speed run I'm watching is 1 : 39, the guy doing it is lamenting the fact that all the other Resi games can be done in an hour. I genuinely don't remember it at all. Was there a code veronica X or something?

Sorry Code Veronica is Code Veronica X :P

I just completed it there. Took me 12 hours.
    Very enjoyable to revisit and as I said it's when Wesker as a Character really gets into his stride.
    What I would say is there is a fair bit of backtracking, more so that most RE games.

• Advertisement

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    Can't seem to embed this.

http://imgur.com/gallery/hL3NFP3

Here, you need the actual gif URL, I've no idea why you want to post it though lol

hL3NFP3.gif

I guess it relieves the tension I'd rather that following me around the RPD than Mr X.

Near the end of Veronica I remembered a few things. The mansion, fighting a weird woman by the stairs and the final boss. It's not near as memorable as the first three but I did play them a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Here, you need the actual gif URL, I've no idea why you want to post it though lol

hL3NFP3.gif

That's not the one I clicked on :confused: it was a picture of Nemises smiling :confused:

This is it.

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's not the one I clicked on :confused: it was a picture of Nemises smiling :confused:

Eh yes it is :D
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Can't seem to embed this.

http://imgur.com/gallery/hL3NFP3

Eh yes it is :D

Maybe you could edit it to have the dog being chased by Mr X :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Prefer the doggo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Unpopular opinion but I thought Code Veronica was on one of the worst of the franchise

To me it’s the one that started the whole superhuman strength nonsense resi 1-3 were all fairly grouded horror/action story’s but code Veronica started the wall jumping and super jumps etc aswell as just bizarre characters and story.

Resident 4 is a masterpiece I cannot deny that but it’s part of the superhero resi era.

I much prefer grounded 1-3 and 7-re2make eras of resident evil

biggebruv wrote: »
    To me it’s the one that started the whole superhuman strength nonsense resi 1-3 were all fairly grouded horror/action story’s but code Veronica started the wall jumping and super jumps etc aswell as just bizarre characters and story.

Resident 4 is a masterpiece I cannot deny that but it’s part of the superhero resi era.

What super human strength/jumping?

Are you talking about
    Wesker
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Does Mr.X ever leave? I ran like **** from his scripted encounter all the way to the interrogation room and i can hear him walking around outside. It's 2am and im scared :( Help. I wish there was a typewriter in this room :(

• Advertisement

Does Mr.X ever leave?
    Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mr.X was chasing me and I turned a corner and there was a licker in the middle of the hallway. I nearly cried on the spot.

• biggebruv wrote: »

Superhero? Tbf the origins of why Umbrella is doing what they are doing is to create superweapons.

Sure as examples the Tyrant in RE1, Mr X & William Berkin inRE2, Nemisis in RE3 all have superhuman strength and agility.

Also that's why Wesker survived in RE1. He had it in his blood.

Also found this;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4B73kJd0WA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Does Mr.X ever leave? I ran like **** from his scripted encounter all the way to the interrogation room and i can hear him walking around outside. It's 2am and im scared :( Help. I wish there was a typewriter in this room :(

No, if you escape, and are far enough away, stop running. Just walk around. Be quiet. It is possible to avoid him quite easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are we talking about grounded horror in a series with mutant snakes, spiders and sharks?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ZiabR wrote: »
    Still haven't fired a round at Mr.X. I managed to 100% complete the Raccoon Police Department without firing at him. It is a complete waste of ammo. Just RUN. Into the Sewers now and I have 19 Gunpowders in storage.

I’m not taking about in the police station.
    Can’t spoiler as I’m on mobile so won’t say anymore.

true it was Code Veronica where things became far fetched. ?!?

Resi 1 revitalised the Zombie genre and the series carried it for a while imo. I remember they had an ad which was just a picture of a white porcelain bath full of blood. That was it and it was awesome.
    The next big leap was 28 Days Later when the feckers started sprinting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Blazer wrote: »
    I’m not taking about in the police station.

Hmmm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I suppose my initial comment was a bit harsh. I very rarely play single player anyway and the last one I did play were the Witcher series which is absolutely fantastic.

I was saving ammo like hell and used a lot of it on
    Birkin
    so by the time it came to
    Mr X
    I had sodall left.
    Think I'll start over again and go for the S rank.
    It just left a sour taste in my mouth that ammo was so ridiculously scarce on standard mode. They could at least have added back in the drops after you kill a zombie.
    Apparently it was a big complaint from a lot of people.
    I don't want to run past zombies..I want to shoot the feckers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Blazer wrote: »
    I suppose my initial comment was a bit harsh. I very rarely play single player anyway and the last one I did play were the Witcher series which is absolutely fantastic.

I was saving ammo like hell and used a lot of it on
    Birkin
    so by the time it came to
    Mr X
    I had sodall left.
    Think I'll start over again and go for the S rank.
    It just left a sour taste in my mouth that ammo was so ridiculously scarce on standard mode. They could at least have added back in the drops after you kill a zombie.
    Apparently it was a big complaint from a lot of people.
    I don't want to run past zombies..I want to shoot the feckers :)

I did the exact same thing. Had to load an earlier save and
    fight Birkin with just the handgun and shotgun. saved the hawk and flamethrower for Mr.X.
    Ended up not using any health on
    Birkin
    and had 2 first aids for
    Mr. X.

Advertisement