Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Imagine this on a remake....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

With all the talk of RE3 possibly being remastered I had a look at a few YouTube videos and both 2 and 3 are kind of blurring together. What was the difference between the two? They both take place in RPD but with different characters, but that's as much as I remember

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

With all the talk of RE3 possibly being remastered I had a look at a few YouTube videos and both 2 and 3 are kind of blurring together. What was the difference between the two? They both take place in RPD but with different characters, but that's as much as I remember

RPD only featured at the start of 3 for a short few sections. It took place mostly out in the streets of Raccon City. RE3 was quite similar to RE2 and started as an expansion to the game. Adds some new stuff like having to craft ammo and some evasion moves and quick turns. And then there's nemesis.

I enjoyed it but it's a weaker entry in the series but feel it could benefit from a remake treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I enjoyed it but it's a weaker entry in the series but feel it could benefit from a remake treatment.

I would have ranked it above 2 back in the day personally. I definitely put more hours into 3 than 2. Can you imagine how good the opening sequence would look with the remake graphics? When the cops are fighting a horde gave me chills as a kid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Played the original when I fairly young,not an enjoyable experience (Well I enjoyed the game but constant heart attacks going around corners lol).
    Think I only finished one story mode Leon's, didn't do Claire.
    I don't remember Mr X at all!!
    I just remember
    the scientist guy who injected himself with the virus,I thought he was the bad guy... although my memory is terrible

Anyway is there any demo for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mr X dropped in from a helicopter in the original. I don't remember it being as terrifying. Certainly the enhanced graphics and how it's portrayed on screen 20 years later adds to the horror. In saying that there were some jump scares in the originals.

There was a demo. I assume it's still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Story line wise, I believe Res 3 takes place during the Res 2 time frame or a bit before and then during it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

nix wrote: »
    What super human strength/jumping?

Are you talking about
    Wesker
    ?

Yes mainly Wesker. Then Chris flying out of exploding elevator and jumping onto the plane.

Claire running from a helicopter with mini guns and jumping down flight of stairs then dropping gun to catch before it falls to shoot exploading barrels.

The moment to moment gameplay itself is not bad but it’s where the franchise took the turn into superhero cartoon time cutscene and story wise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

biggebruv wrote: »
    Yes mainly Wesker. Then Chris flying out of exploding elevator and jumping onto the plane.

Claire running from a helicopter with mini guns and jumping down flight of stairs then dropping gun to catch before it falls to shoot exploading barrels.

The moment to moment gameplay itself is not bad but it’s where the franchise took the turn into superhero cartoon time cutscene and story wise

Well Wesker i didnt mind, as hes
    reanimated on an enhanced strain of the virus
    . But yeah the cut scenes are cringe alright, I dont remember the Chris elevator bit, i really should replay it, But gameplay wise its grounded at least, you're not diving out multi story windows and round house kicking multiple people at once or even throwing out backwards suplex's :D:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Chris punching the boulder at the end of Res 5.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Chris punching the boulder at the end of Res 5.....

He was beating it into submission and by god he did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ran down hall, attacked by a zombie and caught by Mr X, health at danger, no herbs or first aid spray anywhere and about 4 bullets left, currently hid in a safe room before you back into the garage and theres no way ill make it through the dogs in the garage and I cant back track with stompy outside.

Time to start again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ran down hall, attacked by a zombie and caught by Mr X, health at danger, no herbs or first aid spray anywhere and about 4 bullets left, currently hid in a safe room before you back into the garage and theres no way ill make it through the dogs in the garage and I cant back track with stompy outside.

The dogs are actually easy enough to avoid. If you run there's a good chance they won't actually hit you. Plus if you make it to the jail,
    the zombies are all in cells and there'll be a First aid Spray after you complete the electronic puzzle (it's in a pretty sh*tty place though).
    Or if you wait in the safe room for a few minutes, Mr.X will f*ck off and you should be able to get around him (either back down the corridor or up the stairs). If you walk you should be able to get out without him coming back for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Haven't gotten to play the last few evenings, but going to try finish off Leon A over the weekend, and maybe get started on Claire B. Think I might just read a quick walkthrough though rather than get lost to-ing and fro-ing in the sewers for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

To me 2 was a classic.
    The first real use of cgi intro and it blew my young mind how lifelike it looked.
    3 was just the plain sister to the beautiful re2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i literally just noticed this page https://www.residentevil.net/en/twostats.html , pretty cool stat's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Blazer wrote: »
    To me 2 was a classic.
    The first real use of cgi intro and it blew my young mind how lifelike it looked.
    3 was just the plain sister to the beautiful re2.

Resi 3 got me into the series. Possibly even into gaming.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »

How do you have no health items? I'm in the Lab now and have used 5 to here at the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How do you have no health items? I'm in the Lab now and have used 5 to here at the most.

Agreed, unless he is running through zombies all of the time. But with 4 bullets left I wouldn't say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ZiabR wrote: »
    Agreed, unless he is running through zombies all of the time. But with 4 bullets left I wouldn't say so.

So what I'm getting from this is Gav is a terrible shot and uses his face as a shield :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Near the end of Veronica I remembered a few things. The mansion, fighting a weird woman by the stairs and the final boss. It's not near as memorable as the first three but I did play them a lot more.

I got to the final boss in Code Veronica, only to discover I'd messed up and somehow left my magnum on the Island before getting on the plane (if memory serves me correctly). Didn't have enough firepower to beat the boss and couldn't be arsed starting again. Still enjoyed the game up until then though.

My memory of Resi 3 is really poor and, like someone has said already, seems to blur into Resi 2 a lot. Can't wait to play the remakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TitianGerm wrote: »

I've been pissing about running through zombies or failing to "sneak" pass lickers. :pac:

The lack of ammo and spraying and praying at the dogs in the garage didnt help either scenarios.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just watching a video on the ten things people hate
    too may blue herbs
    lack of ammo
    forgetting to do stuff
    the top three are
    3. Headshots and the lack of effectiveness thereof
    2. Getting hit by a zombie when not expecting it (on the floor/rounding a corner)
    1. Mr X

One man's meat is another man's poison and all that but I knew I wouldn't like Mr X, I don't and it annoys me this is what Nemesis will be in three, probably an awful lot worse. It doesn't add any game breaking difficulty it's just annoying for me and rushes you to do stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

gimli2112 wrote: »
    just watching a video on the ten things people hate
    too may blue herbs
    lack of ammo
    forgetting to do stuff
    the top three are
    3. Headshots and the lack of effectiveness thereof
    2. Getting hit by a zombie when not expecting it (on the floor/rounding a corner)
    1. Mr X

One man's meat is another man's poison and all that but I knew I wouldn't like Mr X, I don't and it annoys me this is what Nemesis will be in three, probably an awful lot worse. It doesn't add any game breaking difficulty it's just annoying for me and rushes you to do stuff.

Nemesis = Mr. X with guns!

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I got to the final boss in Code Veronica, only to discover I'd messed up and somehow left my magnum on the Island before getting on the plane (if memory serves me correctly). Didn't have enough firepower to beat the boss and couldn't be arsed starting again. Still enjoyed the game up until then though.

My memory of Resi 3 is really poor and, like someone has said already, seems to blur into Resi 2 a lot. Can't wait to play the remakes!

You can beat Veronica boss with just explosive arrows just hold onto them and keep them up for her and she’s a piece of cake

Completed hardcore but only With infinite handgun and it was still rock hard

Keeping the rocket launcher locked behind hardcore mode with 2 hour limit and just 3 saves seems a bit extreme re7 was not like that nor the original RE2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Im going to get it so. Jaysus id love a remastered Resident evil 3. Nemesis my favourite of em all scared the ballz off me.

Sarrrsssss..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I enjoy their videos but for a lighter look at this game (May contain spoilers)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

apparently the best way to conserve ammo is kneecap the zombies not shot them in the head. Then just run past them on the ground.
    Might just rerun Leon again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Blazer wrote: »
    apparently the best way to conserve ammo is kneecap the zombies not shot them in the head. Then just run past them on the ground.
    Might just rerun Leon again.

Thats what im doing, but of course they move and i end up shooting both legs.

Quite frustrating.

Advertisement