Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Vicxas wrote: »
    Thats what im doing, but of course they move and i end up shooting both legs.

Quite frustrating.

I'm telling you when I get that unlimited ammo for the samurai I'm gonna pump 20 bullets at least into each zombies head.,

Reading this again makes me hope for a RE4 remake.

https://kotaku.com/the-cruel-brilliance-of-resident-evil-4s-village-fight-1639485771

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm telling you when I get that unlimited ammo for the samurai I'm gonna pump 20 bullets at least into each zombies head.,

Reading this again makes me hope for a RE4 remake.

https://kotaku.com/the-cruel-brilliance-of-resident-evil-4s-village-fight-1639485771

I shot all the limbs off a zombie. It was funny watching it scoot along :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Kudos to anyone who can complete this in 2 hours or whatever the S+ requirement is. I'm about 5 hours into Clare B and
    just arrived at the orphanage. Tyrant has been relentless. Great pleasure shooting his hat off. Think it's great the hat stays off.

Honestly think this is one of the best games I've played. Can't recall a game since Silent Hill 2 that caused such fear and panic. Maybe RE7 in VR. I
    straight to the gunshop after opening the gate which is a dead end.
    Spent an embarrassing amount of time running around with X right behind me trying to figure out where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

apparently the best way to conserve ammo is kneecap the zombies not shot them in the head. Then just run past them on the ground.
    Might just rerun Leon again.

It's fine until you're being chased by Mr.X or a licker ends up in the hall. Then the zombies have a nice habit of being badly positioned or just around a corner and grab you by the leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Kudos to anyone who can complete this in 2 hours or whatever the S+ requirement is. I'm about 5 hours into Clare B and just arrived at the orphanage. Tyrant has been relentless. Great pleasure shooting his hat off. Think it's great the hat stays off.

Honestly think this is one of the best games I've played. Can't recall a game since Silent Hill 2 that caused such fear and panic. Maybe RE7 in VR. I ran straight to the gunshop after opening the gate which is a dead end. Spent an embarrassing amount of time running around with X right behind me trying to figure out where to go.

Use spoilers man :)
    Some of us haven't done the Claire portion yet.

• Advertisement

6 hours 49 to complete Leon A on my first play through. I did some arsing around and still got a B. Give Claire a go now.

Have returned to RPD from the sewers. I'm mostly looking forward to finishing Leon and starting Claire, as I think the RPD is the most enjoyable part of the game. The tight corridors, different rooms, different paths you can open and take. The sewers and lab just don't compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Use spoilers man :)
    Some of us haven't done the Claire portion yet.

Sorry man. I hate spoilers myself and would never intentionally spoil a game for anyone.

Edit : My OP is still in your reply. Maybe delete the spoiler parts so anyone who hasn't done Claire won't see them. Hope I didn't ruin too much for you.

Finished Leon A. About 6:15 with a B and 40 saves (pretty much saved every time I walked past a typewriter, sometimes even twice if I did a bunch of itembox shuffling after saving). G stage3 was a pain in the jacksy as I'd no healing items with me (and only found the FAS after the fight).

Might look at a few guides to smash through Claire B quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Penn wrote: »
    Finished Leon A. About 6:15 with a B and 40 saves (pretty much saved every time I walked past a typewriter, sometimes even twice if I did a bunch of itembox shuffling after saving). G stage3 was a pain in the jacksy as I'd no healing items with me (and only found the FAS after the fight).

Might look at a few guides to smash through Claire B quickly.

Have done Claire A twice I think now. Just at G stage 3 with Leon. and in the same position, if he looks at me I'm fecked ha, spent a fair while running about the lab with with no ammo whatsoever!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Has anyone had the game crash during the cutscene where
    Ada gets shot?
    Happened twice now.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I hate the sewers ....them **** demons in the water do my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

I've had a odd glitch playing 4th survivor, fairly sure it was a glitch anyway.
    Just after the hallway where MRX shows up you usually have to go right into the East Office and go the long way to the front door.

I turned left towards the fire escape and the door wasn't there. Not that it was unlocked but no door in the door frame. I was able to walk through and continue onto the entrance and finish the mission.

Finished up with a clear time of 8.27 which I have no right having. Checked a few speedruns on youtube and there are plenty faster but not by much.

It's actually a fairly bad clear time considering I skipped about a third of the challenge. Wish I had thought to capture the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Keep flashbangs and grenades knifes handy for that part

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

They're easy enough to run around. The Flame Thrower // Zapper kills them easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

34 minutes and Birkin phase 1 is dead. One first aid spray and mixed herbs used so I have plenty of health and bullets.
    Used the knife on Birkin which did a fair bit of damage and 4/5 flame shells.

I'm ahead of time but never boarded the windows where the book shelf crank is. There were three or four zombies last time I went through. Next time there'll also be a licker and Mr X . I may reset.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    34 minutes and Birkin phase 1 is dead. One first aid spray and mixed herbs used so I have plenty of health and bullets.
    Used the knife on Birkin which did a fair bit of damage and 4/5 flame shells.

I'm ahead of time but never boarded the windows where the book shelf crank is. There were three or four zombies last time I went through. Next time there'll also be a licker and Mr X . I may reset.

I was watching a speed runner this morning. He killed Birkin 1 in just over 10 minutes and he only used a knife to kill him :eek:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I was watching a speed runner this morning. He killed Birkin 1 in just over 10 minutes and he only used a knife to kill him :eek:

I'm watching an s+ run and I'm there or there abouts. Fortunately watching because if I wasn't and had read your post it would have put me into a funk.

Watching speed runs of other RE games recently it's insane what they do, if they get caught by a zombie or press a wrong button the frustration hits instantly.

Contemplating whether to start Claire B or go for an S run on Claire A to get infinite ammo pistol...

I think I might try for the knife first. Would save loads of bullets in the long run.

• Advertisement

You need an A and B with each character (ie. Claire A / Leon B) for the infinite knife. I just know when I get it I'll stick it in a zombie, in a corridor full of mayhem.
    Mr X on my S run is being a bit of an asshat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think I might try for the knife first. Would save loads of bullets in the long run.

The knife is surprisingly great to have, made the S run for Beretta easy as could just shiv zombies I know would shuffle up and cut off a leg or such.

Finished a Leon A run last night on Hardcore for the SMG...until I realised the time jumps to 3 hours on HC, not at 3:30 like I aimed for! Oh well, back to the grindstone, might try Claire A as its a bit easier (find the grenade launcher more useful than the shotgun is).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Anyone here done 2hour hardcore s+ 3 save only speed run it sounds like a nightmare :(

biggebruv wrote: »
    Anyone here done 2hour hardcore s+ 3 save only speed run it sounds like a nightmare :(

I don't know how they do this. My last few games ended
    - Mr X coming in a door just as I was about to walk through it with a licker behind me
    - I thought Mr X would grab not punch me
    - the gap between the door, the stairs and the zombie was not as wide as I thought
    - I forgot the gear cog

all since 11.30 this morning

Was it PC though? Knife damage seems to be tied to framerate, so if they're running at more FPS, the knife is going to do more damage per hit.

Penn wrote: »
    Was it PC though? Knife damage seems to be tied to framerate, so if they're running at more FPS, the knife is going to do more damage per hit.

Yup on PC. He was just under 120 fps, I'm between 80 and 90 at the minute but getting a 2060 next week so should see a few more at the same settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Cleared Leon A at 8hrs 45mins. Took my time looking at some of the first runs posted here. The game throws ammo at you after you enter the lab. And blue herbs, why where they in the game? I didn't get poisoned once. Another thing im curious about is the final boss battle
    on the elevator versus The Tyrant
    is it timed? Or do you actually have to do damage to him? I shot at him regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Cleared Leon A at 8hrs 45mins. Took my time looking at some of the first runs posted here. The game throws ammo at you after you enter the lab. And blue herbs, why where they in the game? I didn't get poisoned once. Another thing im curious about is the final boss battle
    on the elevator versus The Tyrant
    is it timed? Or do you actually have to do damage to him? I shot at him regardless.

The abominations with the big eyes in the sewers poison you when they grab you, but yeah, pretty pointless otherwise. The original had feck all also, the spiders and some vines could poison you. And eh, fighting the
    tyrant/berkin, its a damage game, wreck his eyes..

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

2nd run just started. Game is great but for the 2nd run the difficulty seems ramped up

• Advertisement

2nd run just started. Game is great but for the 2nd run the difficulty seems ramped up

the game get's harder the better you do and easier if you die a lot, it may carry over to the2nd run

Advertisement