Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Cleared Leon A at 8hrs 45mins. Took my time looking at some of the first runs posted here. The game throws ammo at you after you enter the lab. And blue herbs, why where they in the game? I didn't get poisoned once. Another thing im curious about is the final boss battle
    on the elevator versus The Tyrant
    is it timed? Or do you actually have to do damage to him? I shot at him regardless.

If you mix a blue herb with a red then it gives you a sort of shield against damage. You'll see a symbol on the bottom right of the screen.

They aren't just for poison anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the game get's harder the better you do and easier if you die a lot, it may carry over to the2nd run

Died 20 times with Leon. Not sure if that's loads or littlr

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A thank you to the fans from director and producer.

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1092165835584610306?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

If you mix a blue herb with a red then it gives you a sort of shield against damage. You'll see a symbol on the bottom right of the screen.

They aren't just for poison anymore.

All damage? are you sure?

I read it was just protects against poison, and took it that meant, prevents you from getting poisoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

nix wrote: »
    All damage? are you sure?

I read it was just protects against poison, and took it that meant, prevents you from getting poisoned.

It does yeah saving a red blue green mix over first aid spray for bosses on hardcore helps a good deal
    And on a licker/g mutant section too

• Advertisement

Well i've always used r/g/b herbs over sprays, but never noticed them protecting me from damage, how long does the buff last?

• Just about 3 & 1/2 hours into my first B scenario with Claire after I finished first run With Leon A

The game is definitely even more challenging

And is it me or does Mr X have an even bigger horn for Claire Redfield than Leon

He appeared hardly 30 minutes in and pretty much has been around for about 3 hours lol

Is there actual trigger points or is it random?

I'm playing with the classic music this time too. One of the best soundtracks in gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

nix wrote: »
    Well i've always used r/g/b herbs over sprays, but never noticed them protecting me from damage, how long does the buff last?

I’m entirely sure I just think you can take a few more hits before going from green to caution.

Think it’s however long the green bar lasts on screen never actually timed it but must do next time

biggebruv wrote: »
    I’m entirely sure I just think you can take a few more hits before going from green to caution.

Think it’s however long the green bar lasts on screen never actually timed it but must do next time

oh is that what the shield thing is down the bottom right?

I always wondered what that was but kept forgetting to ask about it :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

On Claire B. Seem to go from Fine to Danger with a single Zombie bite.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

In the B games, he appears when you enter and subsequently leave the stars office. If upon exiting the office you turn left and run down the hall towards the linen room, he’ll walk around that corner; if you turn right and head back towards the showers, you’ll just begin hearing his footsteps as if he just appeared somewhere randomly and is now searching for you

Ropedrink mentioned it earlier but here's a spoiler filled reddit link

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/akl03g/i_know_what_triggers_the_tyrant_mr_x_i_1st_and/

I hate Mr X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Just about 3 & 1/2 hours into my first B scenario with Claire after I finished first run With Leon A

The game is definitely even more challenging

And is it me or does Mr X have an even bigger horn for Claire Redfield than Leon

He appeared hardly 30 minutes in and pretty much has been around for about 3 hours lol

I'm playing with the classic music this time too. One of the best soundtracks in gaming.

Odd, I was under the impression that Claire was a significantly easier scenario than Leon. I have not played Claire yet, but from what I have been told, Claire gets less Mr.X and the grenade launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ZiabR wrote: »
    Odd, I was under the impression that Claire was a significantly easier scenario than Leon. I have not played Claire yet, but from what I have been told, Claire gets less Mr.X and the grenade launcher.

I think it's more the difference in the B Scenario than Leon/Claire. The B Scenario tends to be more difficult because you do better (as you're more used to the game), but the game has a difficulty adjustment built in that it gets easier/harder depending on things like the better you do, the more ammo/health you collect, the more you get hurt etc. So players tend to be better at the B scenario by default, regardless of which character you play as.

But from what I've seen, Claire also has more Lickers in her game and she takes more damage from some hits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

As horrible as lickers I think Hunters are worse. From the first game when you got a first person view of the hunter running up the alley, to the door slam and suddenly this clawed midget is standing before you, it's done very well. My first thought was "What's this?" and then I died.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Here's a spoiler-free guide to dealing with Mr. X:

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/akk2qj/re2make_spoilers_the_scaredy_cats_guide_to/

It does allude to "Events" and there is a spoiler in the comments.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Christmas_tree

A bit disappointed, because in the original game instead of heaving two stories we had one, but played by two actors. And remake gives us two separate stories which are similar at the same time. I mean, you don't influence your second character story by playing first character's part. And that is the only disadvantage I can see.

Nice little guide but I didn't find Mr.X hard to avoid. Making alot of noise and running around attracts him 100%.

I definitely think that once you clear any scenario he just gets downgraded into being a simple nuisance. Barring his no damage throw, I've neither taken any damage from him nor taken a shot at him in my Claire B run. Took me nearly 10 minutes to try to lure him from the library until I gave up and kited him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I never even got hit by him in my first run. You can usually just open the map and find a safe room and wait him out. He is slower than you so as long as you don't panic he is pretty easy to avoid.

A bit disappointed, because in the original game instead of heaving two stories we had one, but played by two actors. And remake gives us two separate stories which are similar at the same time. I mean, you don't influence your second character story by playing first character's part. And that is the only disadvantage I can see.

I think in terms of story, you just have to accept that the puzzles, locked doors etc are gameplay elements rather than story elements. The story is just really the little bits of interaction between Leon and Claire, and then the Leon/Ada and Claire/Sherry stories. The rest (having to do the same puzzles to unlock the same rooms/paths etc) is just gameplay and isn't really canon (like I think they've tried to explain that the weird puzzles to open rooms in the RPD is due to it being an old Art Museum, but really it's just a gameplay element).

Edit: Also, because of that, I decided to go for Claire A rather than Claire B, so I can still experience Claire's story and go for an S rank, while having a better idea where things are and where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think people's nostalgia is making them misremember just how similar both scenarios were in the original Resident Evil 2 as well. There was very little to differentiate them.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think people's nostalgia is making them misremember just how similar both scenarios were in the original Resident Evil 2 as well. There was very little to differentiate them.

Yeah I think there was a little more separation and points where their stories intertwined, but not much, and the same suspension of canon between their stories was required.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

This is very true. However, I do feel that there is something of a missed opportunity here to introduce a little more overlap and interaction between the two characters. Instead, they actually removed the scenarios where one playthrough could affect the other like activating the herbicide in the nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished the first playthrough with Leon. Do the new game or Second Run with Claire, what is recommended?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Finished the first playthrough with Leon. Do the new game or Second Run with Claire, what is recommended?

Do the Claire B run, it will feel more different than Claire A.. Plus you will get the full ending.

• I just finished Claire B
    Grin after grin after grin. Just brilliant. And some good variation from Leon A.

Now I'm going to follow cannon and do Claire A, Leon B.

I assume like the original that Claire A is more in line with Leon A ect.

I just finished Claire B
    Grin after grin after grin. Just brilliant. And some good variation from Leon A.

I'm about halfway through with Claire A. Haven't done either B scenario. Claire A is definitely a lot like Leon A, though obvious differences where Leon/Ada and Claire/Sherry bits happen, and some different routes to open doors or get equipment in RPD, but other than that mostly the same.

I just finished Claire B

Well played. I still have not started Claire yet. I have so much to play at the moment... Finding time is proving tricky.

Finished Claire A with an S in about 2:40. Enjoyed some of Claire's weapons (grenade launcher especially, smg good for knees and some bosses too), but the sparkshot seemed weak as hell, even with holding L2. Last boss took ages due to slow weapons.

Don't know if I'll bother with hardcore mode. Think I'll run maybe Claire's B scenario with the infinite pistol. Then either go for S+ on Leon A or just do Leon B.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Don't know if I'll bother with hardcore mode. Think I'll run maybe Claire's B scenario with the infinite pistol. Then either go for S+ on Leon A or just do Leon B.

Actually, is there any point going for the S+ on Standard? From a quick Google it seems you only really get rewards for getting it on Hardcore

Advertisement