Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Penn wrote: »
    Can definitely see how you could use a lot of ammo in the sewers. Between the G-adults, the area with the rook plug which has about 5 zombies at once, and some areas that just have zombies in awkward spots you can't really get past without killing them... it can eat through your ammo quick enough. Learning how to get past the G-adults safely without engaging them helps, but isn't foolproof either.

I watched a speed run of Leon A and that helped me greatly for the 2nd 3rd playthrough. Zombies that are in awkward spots are to be shot once in the head and then sprint past them.

Its insane the difference between my first playthrough and now. I was a nervous wreck and it took me 8+ hours. I am now down to 2hrs 20 for A and 2hrs for B and I only get stressed about the sewers now. Hate that place.

• As a side note, think this has been one of the best threads in the gaming forum in a long long time.

Been some great reads... Loads of people say boards is dying...I say nah

faceapp-Resident-Evil-Wesker-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rory28 wrote: »
    I watched a speed run of Leon A and that helped me greatly for the 2nd 3rd playthrough. Zombies that are in awkward spots are to be shot once in the head and then sprint past them.

Its insane the difference between my first playthrough and now. I was a nervous wreck and it took me 8+ hours. I am now down to 2hrs 20 for A and 2hrs for B and I only get stressed about the sewers now. Hate that place.

Yeah, I watched a fair bit of uhtrance doing speedruns of Leon A. Helped a lot with strategies considering zombie placement is so similar throughout all the scenarios. Though getting consistent staggering headshots when under pressure looks a lot easier on PC than PS4. First playthrough was about 6:15 for me, but about 4 hours of that was spent in RPD and getting used to the game & puzzles. Claire A took me 2:40.

I hate the sewers for the awkward layout and backtracking, but the lab is definitely my most hated area. The plants and certain other areas are just tense as f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I find the plants the easiest enemy in the game with Leon.

• More good news for RE 2 Remake & Capcom

Digital & Physical sales combination.. RE 2 Remake #1

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-06-resident-evil-2s-triumphant-debut-in-emeaa-charts

• Advertisement

More good news for RE 2 Remake & Capcom

Digital & Physical sales combination.. RE 2 Remake #1

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-06-resident-evil-2s-triumphant-debut-in-emeaa-charts

EA: Singleplayer games are dead

Capcom: lol wut?

I find the plants the easiest enemy in the game with Leon.

Ah yeah, they're not the worst, plenty of weak spots to stagger them. Just hate the freaky f*ckers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rory28 wrote: »
    EA: Singleplayer games are dead

Capcom: lol wut?

To EA they are dead. When you have something like Fifa where all they need to do is update transfers and kits every year and one mode within that game, Ultimate Team, gets you $700 million before you even count the sales money then there is no need to risk/waste money on a new single player IP.

Putting on my snobby hat, it really is a shame that stuff like God of War, Spiderman and RE2, while selling loads, will make a fraction of something as creatively **** as Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Ah yeah, they're not the worst, plenty of weak spots to stagger them. Just hate the freaky f*ckers :D
    Yeah the sound they make is awful, but I just burn them with the flamethrower.

Yeah the sound they make is awful, but I just burn them with the flamethrower.

Yeah, their design, noises and the fact they're a bit more speedy makes me hate them. But yeah, flamethrower, or the SMG as Claire I found hit their weak spot easily enough to get past. Could have used flame rounds but wanted to save them

• Advertisement

biggebruv wrote: »
    All the faff about ab senarios is ridiculous when I replayed the old re2 I always just did Leon a or Claire A and called it a day the changes where not worth replaying over again just to see them little bit of cutscenes

I like how everything is condensed in the remake
    And at least they broke up some enemies and areas between Claire and Leon so both have very different middle paths and different final boss.

Feel the same... Finished Leon A and I am at the very start of Claire B... and have been for a week or two. I don't really get the replay-ability of this game tbh. It's all about the initial tension for me. I'll probably force myself to go through Claire at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Playing the game with earphones/headphones brings an extra dimension to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Finished Leon A there a few mins ago. As an absolute coward this has been a massive step for me. I haven't played a horror game since the original RE2 gave me nightmares as an 11 year old boy.

Blitzed the place with the pistol and flame thrower for the plant men.

Second to last boss i took for granted and used a lot more ammo than I'd have liked but I got there in the end

Might play Apex legends for a few hours and then I'm open to suggestions on whether i should do Claire A or Leon B

Vicxas wrote: »
    Might play Apex legends for a few hours and then I'm open to suggestions on whether i should do Claire A or Leon B

Not a fully informed opinion as I haven't really played either B scenario yet myself, but from what I read, if you just want to experience the other side of the story, do Claire A. If you want more of a challenge, do the B scenario (I think you would have unlocked Claire B rather than Leon B). You won't get the full "true ending" by doing the other A scenario, but you could youtube it or do either quicker B scenario after.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I've dumped 58 hours into it before I decided I'd shelve it until the DLC, so no doubt 60-100(??) hours will be had when DLC is done. Not bad at all.

That hits the €1 per hour mark. Value for money right there.

I'll spend a bit of time with the DMCV demo, then I might just burst through the B scenarios on Assisted to get all the Mr.Raccoons and get the infinity knife, get more used to puzzles, timings etc. Then start pushing myself for Hardcore S+

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Only got to NEST last night, havent had time to get stuck into other than an hour or so a night since launch.

I'll definitely go for a speed run next though and get some goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, this feels like a game I could just run through multiple times for the fun of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yeah, this feels like a game I could just run through multiple times for the fun of it.

That's what I used to do in Nemises. Try different guns, try do a no damage run etc. Loads of fun.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's what I used to do in Nemises. Try different guns, try do a no damage run etc. Loads of fun.

Yeah some of the trophies look interesting too. Don't use any item boxes, don't use any healing items, fewer than 14,000 steps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/59xgqz/resident-evil-2-survivor-compassion

Easily the worst review for anything ever. Not sure which part of it is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Yeah some of the trophies look interesting too. Don't use any item boxes, don't use any healing items, fewer than 14,000 steps

Done all 3 together in 1 run was fun actually it makes you think differently how you play and what you don’t or do pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/59xgqz/resident-evil-2-survivor-compassion

Easily the worst review for anything ever. Not sure which part of it is the worst.

I got as far as the headline, I'm not going to upset myself this early in the morning. I don't know what was said but will assume the journo is the type of person who doesn't have fun with anything they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got as far as the headline, I'm not going to upset myself this early in the morning. I don't know what was said but will assume the journo is the type of person who doesn't have fun with anything they do.

Basically saying he can't play how he wants to like an RPG, totally disregarding the fact the game is a survival horror with an established layout and story. :rolleyes:

"That notion is wild, the police station as fortress/safe haven is laughably naive (particularly for people of color). It certainly was in the 90s as well, and really, when has policing in America ever actually been about keeping neighborhoods safe as opposed to keeping a racist status quo up and running?"

This bit really makes me wonder if the whole article is a massive troll.

The review reminded me of playing Tekken with my 4 year old nephew, and having to explain to him why we couldn't go to the waterfall in the background of the stage, and that no matter how long we spent slowly moving our characters to the side of the screen, we would never get there, especially since the timer would run down. The developers didn't program it, and the whole purpose of the game is just to fight.

I'm not saying that review was written by a 4 year old, I'm just saying it was written by someone as stupid as a 4 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Surprised that even got published. Its a shocking review and so disconnected from what the RE series is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it's not a review.

Basically, game is one thing but I'm not happy because I want it to be something completely different.

And also just to add, something totally unfeasible from a practical game design and budgetary viewpoint.

I don't mind articles wondering what games could be but this is just garbage journalism with a clickbait premise which is endemic to how bad games journalism has gotten.

The review reminded me of playing Tekken with my 4 year old nephew, and having to explain to him why we couldn't go to the waterfall in the background of the stage, and that no matter how long we spent slowly moving our characters to the side of the screen, we would never get there, especially since the timer would run down. The developers didn't program it, and the whole purpose of the game is just to fight.

I'm not saying that review was written by a 4 year old, I'm just saying it was written by someone as stupid as a 4 year old.

Bit of an insult to 4 year olds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a balance of game design versus realism. Resident Evil works because it's a tightly designed game with a perfect balance of resources to use. If the design of the game makes the game more fun, or in the case of Resi pretty much defines the game and genre, then the fact that it's not realistic is not a concern. It's like complaining Katamari Damacy is a bad game because you feel bad rolling up cats, people and cars into a giant ball then sending them into space to become a star. Who cares, it's fun.

If every game was concerned about adding realistic systems at the expense of actual fun gameplay experiences you'd end up with a bunch of boring bloated games like Red Dead Redemption 2. Give me tight design instead of that garbage please.

Advertisement