Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Couldn't even read through the whole thing. I lost it when they state how bad they felt for taking items. In a survival horror. Wait, a survival horror where it is all but confirmed there are a handful of living inhabitants inside the station but mostly wall-to-wall with things looking to eat them... And they feel bad about survival. OK.

She is Lori from the walking dead. Who moans about looting during the apocalypse? Its the one upside of the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Going try a speed run of Claire A on Normal to get the S Rank.

Can see the Sewers and Bosses being an issue but will give it a go see how I get on.

Seeing a few youtubers doing it, gives you a decent idea of where Zombies are so you can skirt around them or head shot and leg it, seems to be more difficult on the PS4 and I dont think using the knife exclusively on bosses will work on consoles. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I used the knife on Birkin one. I got a fair few stabs in before things got out of hand. It only took about 4 or 5 fire rounds from the grenade launcher, maybe a grenade also and that was it, on normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

• I caved and got the collectors edition! Will try and get some pics up later.

She's gonna bate me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I caved and got the collectors edition! Will try and get some pics up later.

She's gonna bate me!

If she hasn't done it already I think your safe enough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Mr. X had me terrified last night. The sound of his footsteps and him opening and closing doors left me cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Mr. X had me terrified last night. The sound of his footsteps and him opening and closing doors left me cold.

The worst part is when you KNOW he's near but you dont know where exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vicxas wrote: »

Boom Boom Boom Boom BOOM BOOM BOOM!

giphy.gif

"Oh no..."

I'm trying to reactivate a Ubisoft account that's tied to a dead email. So I sent them a couple of screenshots. I'm watching a couple of Youtube videos that have been open a couple of weeks. Claire A S and S+ hardcore runs. Unfortunately all you can see on the tabs is "hardcore" So I guess Ubisoft think I'm a deviant.
    That's me banned from the division 2 so.

• Advertisement

I shot a dogs in the nuts. One bullet was enough to kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Vicxas wrote: »

I thought I was grand last night because I couldn't hear his footsteps.
    Left the interrogation room, walked around the corner and the fúcker smashed through a wall right in front of me

Nearly gave me a heart attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/59xgqz/resident-evil-2-survivor-compassion

Easily the worst review for anything ever. Not sure which part of it is the worst.

This clearly a massive troll job , did it for me anyway i was entertained

• As promised....

The RE Shrine is coming on nicely :D

HaDAO88.jpg

• TitianGerm wrote: »
    If she hasn't done it already I think your safe enough :pac:

It normally plays out like the following;
    1. Walks into game room has a look around, asks me to do something then leaves.
    2. Walks back into room and suspects something has changed. A few days pass by.
    3. Walks into game room again, questions that something has changed. I go into a state of denial and it ends abruptly.
    4. About 2 weeks later she comes in and says "What the **** is that?"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It normally plays out like the following;
    1. Walks into game has a look around, asks me to do something then leaves.
    2. Walks back into room and suspects something has changed. A few days pass by.
    3. Walks into game room again, questions that something has changed. I go into a state of denial and it ends abruptly.
    4. About 2 weeks later she comes in and says "What the **** is that?"

:pac:

My excuse is usually - "but I don't buy myself stuff that often" and then under my breath - "at least that you notice" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Just hardcore Leon mode to complete then that’s a plat enjoyed every minute
    Lucky there’s dlc this Friday more resi 2 fun yay

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished Claire B on Assisted with an S. Infinite pistol sure is handy. Mostly just wanted to experience the B scenario rather than go for any kind of challenge. Got most of the Mr.Raccoons, bar the ones in Leon's path. G4 was also far quicker this time, focused my shots a lot more purely on the eyes.

Think I might go Leon A Hardcore (but with infinite pistol), then try Claire A Hardcore for the S+.

• Penn wrote: »
    Finished Claire B on Assisted with an S. Infinite pistol sure is handy. Mostly just wanted to experience the B scenario rather than go for any kind of challenge. Got most of the Mr.Raccoons, bar the ones in Leon's path. G4 was also far quicker this time, focused my shots a lot more purely on the eyes.

Think I might go Leon A Hardcore (but with infinite pistol), then try Claire A Hardcore for the S+.

Is it possible to unlock the rocket launcher in the same manner. Think I will aim for the infinite pistol on easy just to tackle hardcore mode :P

I'm pretty sure using infinite guns is a no-no for s+, the knife might be ok. 2 hours, hardcore and 3 saves.
    yikes

actually why not just post the link I read earlier?

https://gamewith.net/residentevil2/article/show/3750

• Advertisement

I preferred playing Claire in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished Leon A at a leisurely 11 hours with 30 odd saves and died a handful of times. Got a C.

Finished Claire A in 6 hours with 12 saves and one death (stupid crane trap). Got a B.

On to the B stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got 40 euro cash for this in CEX today. Seeing as I only paid 45, couldn't pass that up. Loved the game, looking forward to Resi 3 :)

Finished Leon A Standard with an S. Used infinite pistol though. Mostly just wanted to get the infinite knife.

Kinda want to try Claire A Hardcore, but considering whether to do it with infinite pistol first just to get used to hardcore, or just go for the S+

If you're familiar with the map and puzzles, no reason to practice more for S+. The only reason you'd practice is if you absolutely weren't sure of routes/map/puzzles and just wanted to get it fresher in mind before a serious attempt. If you think you're ready, just go for S+. Even if you're not, go for it. You're just setting yourself up for S ranks via the longest campaign otherwise.

When it says Stronger Enemies though, does that mean takes more to put them down or just they do more damage?

It's not the time or lack of saves. My main concern is just being iffy in certain areas, and reduced inventory space.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A lot of speed-runners are doing no-damage hardcore runs in about an hour, knifing bosses, not bothering to kill many zombies etc etc.

Only worth while if you're on pc, and the frame rate is high, otherwise it's a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I got to Chief Irons office but I've only ammo for the sub machine gun with no sub machine gun. I'm playing with my girlfriend and shes not used to these games. Do you think I'll he grand? It should I start another save file?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

Finished Leon Run 1 last night.Have to say the game is brilliant, takes nothing from the original and gives everything to anyone who played it before.

I got to Chief Irons office but I've only ammo for the sub machine gun with no sub machine gun. I'm playing with my girlfriend and shes not used to these games. Do you think I'll he grand? It should I start another save file?

The machine gun is in the
    STARS Office
    but you need an item to get it. Provided you are not playing on the hardest level you'll be grand otherwise it will be tough.

Wait where's all your bullets and rocket launcher rounds? If you've used them all at this point, you'd both want to take a good long hard look at yourselves :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

As promised....

The RE Shrine is coming on nicely :D

HaDAO88.jpg

Looking great, part of me is very jealous :P

Advertisement