Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Balls. Made it through the sewers easy enough. First attempt at the lab, I got killed by G3 who hit me almost straight away and I realised I'd forgotten to take a heal with me. I got the FAS, but he still got me. Next two times in the labs the plants got me. I have the smg, but missed the weak points twice after getting the ID chip.

It's not too bad re-doing the start of the lab. Lickers are dodgy to avoid but manageable. But damn, G3 could be troublesome. Guide I'm following says to go for the pouch upgrade after that fight, but I might go for it first to bring more heals/nades.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I might try an S+ hardcore run this weekend.

Got through Claire A last night with an S rank on normal but had a disaster of time finishing off G3 and ran out of ammo to fight G4 for the countdown sequence.

End up using the knife to finish him off with about 30 secs left on the clock. :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I might try an S+ hardcore run this weekend.

Got through Claire A last night with an S rank on normal but had a disaster of time finishing off G3 and ran out of ammo to fight G4 for the countdown sequence.

End up using the knife to finish him off with about 30 secs left on the clock. :o

My first time with G4 I wasted a lot of ammo and the fight took far longer than it should have too. Second time round, I took him down with only the minigun (with about 150 rounds left) and I think maybe two grenades. Just have to focus completely on the eyes, everything else is a waste of ammo.

Penn wrote: »
    My first time with G4 I wasted a lot of ammo and the fight took far longer than it should have too. Second time round, I took him down with only the minigun (with about 150 rounds left) and I think maybe two grenades. Just have to focus completely on the eyes, everything else is a waste of ammo.

Oh ya, I was spraying and praying really and missed a decent amount or hit his back.

I only used the knife as I had zero ammo and amazingly, just as he was about to start climbing up to jump off the side, the knife done its job, until it broke and he was crawling around the platform floor with the clock ticking down, was quiet a tense wait to see if he'd die or would I have to tackle it again.

Phew... Got the S+ and minigun. Cutting it close enough at 2:21. Could have cut a few minutes off that but spent too long before the last two boss fights at inventory management, combining herbs and gunpowders I'd picked up throughout the game and just banked for later. Plus remembered at the last second I didn't bring the sparkshot for the last fight, so had to go back to the box and do more rearrangement. Ended up not even using it, minigun and a few grenades did the job.

Loaded a previous save of Leon just before the G3 fight on standard to test out the minigun on him and the final boss. Shredded them :D

Don't know if I can bring myself to go for the rocket launcher. Not for now anyway, maybe further down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Cant wait for this DLC... and its free. Bravo Capcom.

Free DLC, 2 of the best words in gaming. :D

• No Microtransactions is the second best

No Microtransactions is the second best

Preach...

• Advertisement

No Microtransactions is the second best

Ya, Capcom have been rewarded for releasing a god quality SP game without much jazzy add ons.

The original soundtrack and different versions apart, they are things people can choose to buy and it wont make a massive difference to the game experience between standard or gold/deluxe versions.

I'm all on board for a RE3 remake too.

Ideally, a new RE with this engine, an RE8 of sorts would be brilliant too but im happy to sip at the cup of nostalgia for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Well 7 came out a couple of years ago using this engine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Ya, Capcom have been rewarded for releasing a god quality SP game without much jazzy add ons.

The original soundtrack and different versions apart, they are things people can choose to buy and it wont make a massive difference to the game experience between standard or gold/deluxe versions.

I'm all on board for a RE3 remake too.

Ideally, a new RE with this engine, an RE8 of sorts would be brilliant too but im happy to sip at the cup of nostalgia for now.

RE3 was never a legit a sequel. More like 2.5 as it used a lot of the same locations and ran concurrent to RE2. I dont think we will be waiting too long for the RE3 Remake because a lot of the work is already done but I hope that they continue on with new games as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Move on with RE4 remake. I want to suplex zombies in eye-watering detail.

Well 7 came out a couple of years ago using this engine :P

Ya.....but I wasnt overly keen on the first person perspective of RE7.

:P
    Rory28 wrote: »
    RE3 was never a legit a sequel. More like 2.5 as it used a lot of the same locations and ran concurrent to RE2. I dont think we will be waiting too long for the RE3 Remake because a lot of the work is already done but I hope that they continue on with new games as well.

Ya, I think with RE2 being a success, they'll push RE3 out in the next 12/18months if they can.

Ya.....but I wasnt overly keen on the first person perspective of RE7.

:P

Ya, I think with RE2 being a success, they'll push RE3 out in the next 12/18months if they can.
    Shame, it was the best since 4 in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Shame, it was the best since 4 in my opinion.

That is not a difficult feat. 5 was very forgettable and I skipped 6 since it looked even worse than 5.

1. RE3
    2. RE4
    3. RE2
    4. RE1

IMO this is the best list of the RE games with Code Veronica just outside the bracket. The remake of 2 is better than them all but until the others are remade I wont include it in my list.

That is not a difficult feat. 5 was very forgettable and I skipped 6 since it looked even worse than 5.

1. RE3
    2. RE4
    3. RE2
    4. RE1

IMO this is the best list of the RE games with Code Veronica just outside the bracket. The remake of 2 is better than them all but until the others are remade I wont include it in my list.

My rating would be 2,4,7,3,1. I love all 5 games so the ranking changes all the time depending on my most recently played. CV is one of my least favourites. Thought it was nonsense and Steve was terrible. Arguably the start of all the bizarre stuff that was continued post 4.

My list is

RE2
    RE3
    RE4
    RE1

I do agree though, anything post 4 and I enjoyed 5 to a degree, was a bit meh.

I even remember playing 4 and thinking it was "much".

I think 7 really recaptures the magic of the pre 4 games

• Advertisement

I think 7 really recaptures the magic of the pre 4 games

A buddy of mine was onto to me to try it so I might get it off him over the coming next weeks.

After I'm done with the remake, I've not much else on the back catalogue.

I've put off buying it on countless PSN sales too. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my List is

RE2 it was just awesome and improved on the original in many ways
    RE1 groundbreaking and if I was in a different mood this may be top
    RE3 there really is very little between all 3 for me
    RE4 This was once my number one but it's dated horribly. I think it just stunned me on release,was a leap forward at the time
    ReV2 My foray back thoroughly enjoyable romp
    RE7 never played it but it's good enough to make the list. I actually watched a radbrad play through

I played Veronica and liked it then but remember nothing of it and can't "list" it now
    RE5 tried starting it several times and failed every time

The remake of 1 is a better game than 1 but I'm leaving them equal, same with 2. Nostalgia is too powerful and of course the remakes will be better because of their starting points, tech advances etc

actually I played Rev 2 and really enjoyed it. Also have Zero and Rev 1 but haven't played much of them and no real desire to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Sorry but I disagree that RE3 used a lot of the same locations it had a downtown map that was quite big for the time
    It also had a
    clock tower
    Hospital
    Raccoon city park
    Waste disposal factory

There’s also a Worm boss
    And Mercenaries for the very first time
    Gun power mixing
    Dodge mechanic

It simply reused the rpd hallways on the left side and that was it everything else was completely brand new they even rechanged all the zombies no zombies from re2 was just pasted in.

RE3s locations could be greatly expanded on with today’s tech in that engine.

The hospital is a location RE has never really got its teeth into that area has lots of potential.
    Same with the park both areas could be really creepy in this engine with these new zombies and I haven’t even mentioned nemesis yet oh boy the things they could do with him nowadays is panic inducing LOL.

So yeah I think RE3 has great potential to be really expanded upon maybe even when in RPD you could bring the shutters down during a chase with nemesis and you realize is was Jill who brought them down when you first enter rpd in RE2.

• What time does the dlc release?

I think they could definitely remake RE3. After that though, I don't see more remakes happening. The change in graphics and gameplay between RE3 and RE4 was so huge that a remaster in the same way wouldn't be as justifiable. They could potentially do Code Veronica but as it's not a numbered sequel, it might not have the same appeal and marketability.

I'd say they'll remake RE3, and then for RE8 make it a bit of a mashup between RE7 and the remakes of RE2 & RE3. Take the best elements from all.

Never played RE3 so would really look forward to a remake of it in the style of the RE2 remake.

What time does the dlc release?

Not sure, looking for it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think it's practically been guaranteed RE3 remake is green lit, if not progressing as we type. RE3 would have a massive nostalgic pull much greater than CV. I'd prefer a remake of Dino Crisis over CV, myself.

I do think they could rejig 4, improve the controls and make a lot of money out of a remake, without having to change too much.

RE2 has turned me remake crazy, they should remake everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Free is the key word here, not a 9.99 moneygrab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

gimli2112 wrote: »
    RE2 has turned me remake crazy, they should remake everything.

Haha yeah I'd happily throw my money at a Silent Hill 2 remake at the moment, that was up there with classic RE games for creeping the life out of me back in the day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how often the game autosaves? I've had a few crashes over the past few weeks. Something to consider when planning an S-rank run.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Advertisement