Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

RopeDrink wrote: »
    The autosaves happen at key locations rather than on a timer. As such, you can typically run through the game (on any normal difficulty) without using the typewriter. You can be sent back a fair bit but only to the last relevant check-point, eg. transitioning to a new area, or before boss-fights, or before specific puzzles.

As for the DLC, completed Run Away and Kendo's scenarios. Both are very short, as expected, but at least speed-runners and perfectionists can unlock funny masks and items to spice up their future attempts. As always, Steam forum is exploding in hate. You just can't please some people.

Its free. :o

I've no idea why people would bloody bother moaning, its worse if they were charging for it.

Which is the best Character/Scenario for a stab at an S+ Rank on Hardcore?

I've nearly finished Leon B at the moment so looking to get a few goodies/trophies to clear it fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So i messed up on Leon B
    Didn't run upstairs and grab the armory keycard and i triggered Mr.X so now i need to run back and get it with no way to avoid him if he comes after me, and i will cry. Manly tears.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You should be ok. Can you lead him to the Western Corridor where the STARS room is and leg it through to lose him? That's my usual tactic.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

DLC; How the heck do you deal with the corridors with numerous armored zombies while playing as Lone Soldier?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭omerin

Is it correct that if you get to the underground carpark and go back to the police station that you can't to back to the carpark again? For me the enterance is blocked and doing some searching online it seems that I will need to start again :( Playing Leon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

omerin wrote: »
    Is it correct that if you get to the underground carpark and go back to the police station that you can't to back to the carpark again? For me the enterance is blocked and doing some searching online it seems that I will need to start again :( Playing Leon

The entrance activated by The medals with close but the way Ada went should be open. By the West hall I think with all the open windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭omerin

thanks I'll give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I obviously got lucky with the chemical puzzle the first couple of times because now I can't seem to do it and it's riving me insane.

• I managed to kill the croc at 2 hours 4 minutes on Leon B

Am I goosed trying to get 3.30 S+?

I've been running like a madman!

Not played the dlc yet but looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I managed to kill the croc at 2 hours 4 minutes on Leon B

Is it not 3 hours for S+ on B runs and 3.5 hours on an A run.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I managed to kill the croc at 2 hours 4 minutes on Leon B

Yeah it's 3 hours for Scenario B for the S+. Not impossible, but if it's taken 2 hours to get to the Croc, I wouldn't fancy your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

On my second run-through of Leon A. At 1:20 just as I'm about to start the croc chase.

S+ (or S, whichever gives the infinite pistol) doable?

J. Marston wrote: »
    On my second run-through of Leon A. At 1:20 just as I'm about to start the croc chase.

S+ (or S, whichever gives the infinite pistol) doable?

Standard or Hardcore? Should be fine either way, but could be tight for Hardcore. I was about 1:10 when I reached the sewers with Claire A Hardcore and finished at 2:21 (2:30 for the S+ on Hardcore). But I did lose a bit of time in the lab with some silly mistakes and lots of unnecessary inventory management.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Penn wrote: »
    Standard or Hardcore? Should be fine either way, but could be tight for Hardcore. I was about 1:10 when I reached the sewers with Claire A Hardcore and finished at 2:21 (2:30 for the S+ on Hardcore). But I did lose a bit of time in the lab with some silly mistakes and lots of unnecessary inventory management.

Standard. Hardcore is beyond me!

I just want a leisurely run-though the B stories with the infinite pistol.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Standard. Hardcore is beyond me!

I just want a leisurely run-though the B stories with the infinite pistol.

Honestly, I was anxious about Hardcore too, but it's not that bad. You de-leg zombies rather than headshot, and just outright avoid where possible. A good guide really helps, it'll reduce encountering zombies unnecessarily. The hardest part is less inventory space.

But yeah, you should definitely be fine for Standard then. The infinite pistol will help for the B scenarios, but is ultimately just a pistol. Might not be as big a help as you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Honestly, I was anxious about Hardcore too, but it's not that bad. You de-leg zombies rather than headshot, and just outright avoid where possible. A good guide really helps, it'll reduce encountering zombies unnecessarily. The hardest part is less inventory space.

But yeah, you should definitely be fine for Standard then. The infinite pistol will help for the B scenarios, but is ultimately just a pistol. Might not be as big a help as you think.

Its not, for the likes of G2 Birkin a non upgraded pistol is useless, despite it being infinite.

Claires revolver from her B scenario is quite unreal even with its slow reload time.

Running a no box run on Claire B, so much stress over inventory management.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The World's slowest S-run continued over the weekend. Beat Birkin 2 on a second try. He's pretty spry for a big guy. Used one too many grenades, flash (tossed over the edge), mixed herb and acid round but got over the line.
    At the labs now in just under an hour and 50 minutes. I must have taken a detour in the RPD for stuff but still well on track.

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    The World's slowest S-run continued over the weekend. Beat Birkin 2 on a second try. He's pretty spry for a big guy. Used one too many grenades, flash (tossed over the edge), mixed herb and acid round but got over the line.
    At the labs now in just under an hour and 50 minutes. I must have taken a detour in the RPD for stuff but still well on track.

I must be doing it wrong. Like I mean I literally ran like a madman and rushed like hell. And only got to the croc at 2 hours :(

Also, anyone finding the DLC like really really hard?
    Although I've still to get to the end of 4th survivor. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I must be doing it wrong. Like I mean I literally ran like a madman and rushed like hell. And only got to the croc at 2 hours :(

Sub optimal route, or trying to get everything perhaps?

• Advertisement

I'm still on Claire so no Crocodile activity. I reckon I lost about 20 minutes - 1/2 an hour somewhere and I've no idea where. Took the sparkshot, MG and the extra back pack from the rpd storage locker which would have added a bit of time, actually now I look at it this probably added 10 minutes maybe more.
    There's huge sections of the game you can cut out like
    the key that opens two doors in the sewers.
    I don't think I left anything critical behind.....think

• Star Lord wrote: »
    Sub optimal route, or trying to get everything perhaps?

Maybe this. Are you supposed to avoid certain items?

I got to the fire escape part of the 4th survivor run but had no grenade or flash bangs left so got wrecked there by the G adult, I've seen a run through of it and thats pretty much the last part before you complete it so I was seriously pi**ed off for not completing it at that stage.

I played the ghosts DLC alright and completed Kendo and Lone solider but only on training mode to get a feel for them and they're pretty hard alright, both built for just running and picking your battles, would take a few runs to get the feel for where you need to be and who you cant avoid.

I think a hardcore S+ run would be pretty easy if you could get the glitch to work in the sewer section to avoid Birkin and going around picking up the spark plugs.

Doing it would save you the best part of 15 mins and a tough enough boss fight on a small platform.

I tried the glitch once, didnt work so gave up on it.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    I got to the fire escape part of the 4th survivor run but had no grenade or flash bangs left so got wrecked there by the G adult, I've seen a run through of it and thats pretty much the last part before you complete it so I was seriously pi**ed off for not completing it at that stage.

I played the ghosts DLC alright and completed Kendo and Lone solider but only on training mode to get a feel for them and they're pretty hard alright, both built for just running and picking your battles, would take a few runs to get the feel for where you need to be and who you cant avoid.

Yea, it's incredibly frustrating. I got to the gate 3 times with Mr. X chasing me. Had no healing items left and the zombies proceeded to have their lunch.

Did you receive and achievements / trophies for training mode?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm still on Claire so no Crocodile activity. I reckon I lost about 20 minutes - 1/2 an hour somewhere and I've no idea where. Took the sparkshot, MG and the extra back pack from the rpd storage locker which would have added a bit of time, actually now I look at it this probably added 10 minutes maybe more.
    There's huge section of the game you can cut out like
    the key that opens two doors in the sewers.
    I don't think I left anything critical behind.....think

The extra backpack in the RPD locker is a timesink. Between the time it takes to get to the second portable safe, then down to the Locker room, the enemies in your path in between, plus the time to actually unlock both safes... It can definitely add a fair chunk of time. The guide I followed for Claire A Hardcore S+ said to not bother with it at all.

It does make inventory a pain in the hole as you're stuck with 10 spaces (Hardcore) until you're nearly finished the lab, but if it had added 10 minutes to my run, I possibly would have missed out on the S+ (depending on if I would have saved a bit of time doing less inventory management which I may have).

I've decided to go for the Platinum. Looked at the trophies and I'm not too far off it. Might just take a few Assisted runs. Biggest ones I have to get are all the files (think I know which ones I have to get though I wish there was an easier way of keeping track of them all through all your playthroughs. Had to load different saves from previous playthroughs to see which ones I had). Then I'll do a no box no heals run (and will get the max inventory one too as I missed the lab pouch on my first playthrough). Then I think I'd just have to do 4th survivor to finish it off. Had a go at it last night. Got to the 2F waiting room but had no nades left and got slaughtered. That's a tough-ass run. Will have to watch a few speedruns of it.

yeah I may not have gotten the locker room back pack. I had it at one point but I've a feeling I may have went back to an earlier save and redid that part.

Then I'll do a no box no heals run (and will get the max inventory one too as I missed the lab pouch on my first playthrough).

Actually, just read that a no item box run means no infinite weapons. Given that I have to replay probably about 3 of the scenarios to get all the files, I'll do a no heals run with infinite weapons (minigun should do me right :D) then a no box run and get all the pouch upgrades on that one.

Yea, it's incredibly frustrating. I got to the gate 3 times with Mr. X chasing me. Had no healing items left and the zombies proceeded to have their lunch.

Did you receive and achievements / trophies for training mode?

There is only 2 trophies linked to the DLC.
    Destroy all Mr. Raccoons (10) hidden in The Ghost Survivors mode.
    Complete the No Way Out scenario. (No training mode)

• Advertisement

Actually, just read that a no item box run means no infinite weapons. Given that I have to replay probably about 3 of the scenarios to get all the files, I'll do a no heals run with infinite weapons (minigun should do me right :D) then a no box run and get all the pouch upgrades on that one.

Assisted and an infinite weapon should see ya through the game in about 2 hours top without needing a healing item.

Best thing to do is to save often, if you take any damage, just load the most recent save.

Advertisement