Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I only found the 3 medallions to exit the cop shop yesterday. What percentage of the game have I completed roughly? It's huge

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I only found the 3 medallions to exit the cop shop yesterday. What percentage of the game have I completed roughly? It's huge

Maybe 20%. Some of the rest might go a bit quicker as you'd be more familiar with the layout of the RPD now, and you do return here for another while (to open new doors/areas). And there's not as much backtracking in some of the later areas you have yet to reach. But yeah, you're still early in the game so far. After a few plays and knowing where to go to get required items, most people can get to the point you're at now in about 15 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jarvinholmes

nice post .

Penn wrote: »
    Maybe 20%. Some of the rest might go a bit quicker as you'd be more familiar with the layout of the RPD now, and you do return here for another while (to open new doors/areas). And there's not as much backtracking in some of the later areas you have yet to reach. But yeah, you're still early in the game so far. After a few plays and knowing where to go to get required items, most people can get to the point you're at now in about 15 minutes :D

Took me about 5 hours

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Took me about 5 hours

The first bit is definitely the longest, especially on first playthrough. A lot of people's first runs were 6-8 hours. I know on my first playthrough I spent ages in the RPD but when it came to the later areas, I bombed through them quick enough. You become more atuned at not trying to collect everything and knowing when to avoid danger rather than trying to work your way around it.

So long as you're still enjoying it, take as long as you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Just finished the game

Finally completed it as Leon. Is it worth playing as Claire or trying the other game modes or just trade in now while it has decent value

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd try the other scenario as Clare. It's well worth a go.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finished the second scenario. Still disappointed with the NEST section as felt it was more substantial than the original.

Overall I loved the game, really great remake although there's a slight tinge of disappointment. I'd still highly recommend it but it's now where near the dizzying fun and craziness of Acec Combat 7 which will take an amazing game to knock off my current favourite game of the year list.

Also was really delighted to see the extra modes open up after I finished. Some really substantial extra content there that would normally be DLC in lesser games. Capcom really are great at the moment.

Finished 4th Survivor which was fun to figure out, tried Tofu... noped out of it. I'll play through the other scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Finished the second scenario. Still disappointed with the NEST section as felt it was more substantial than the original.

Overall I loved the game, really great remake although there's a slight tinge of disappointment. I'd still highly recommend it but it's now where near the dizzying fun and craziness of Acec Combat 7 which will take an amazing game to knock off my current favourite game of the year list.

Also was really delighted to see the extra modes open up after I finished. Some really substantial extra content there that would normally be DLC in lesser games. Capcom really are great at the moment.

Finished 4th Survivor which was fun to figure out, tried Tofu... noped out of it. I'll play through the other scenarios.

The nest section was actually expanded more with all the bigger plant locations and extra rooms

If you play the original again it’s not as big as you may remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Liam128

I watched the review and heard in some forums that if you go through the game for 3-5 times on the high complexity of the available, new and new endings will open. There are those who pass on the speed and can confirm this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Liam128 wrote: »
    I watched the review and heard in some forums that if you go through the game for 3-5 times on the high complexity of the available, new and new endings will open. There are those who pass on the speed and can confirm this?

That doesn't sound right. I'd say that you'd be better off looking on Youtube to be honest even if they do exist.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Liam128 wrote: »

No. I've seen speedrunners get the same endings as everyone else. Leon A, Leon B, Claire A and Claire B, regardless of rank or difficulty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think this is along the lines of playing as Goro in Mortal Kombat.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Beating scenario A unlocks the scenario B story-line.

Finishing scenario B with either character has whats referred to as the true ending after a 5th boss battle that does not occur in scenario A.

Completing both scenario A and B once with either or both characters unlocks the 4th Survivor mode which is canon from a main story-line perspective.

Completing the 4th Survivor unlocks the Tofu Survivor a non canon more difficult version of the 4th Survivor, beating Tofu Survivor unlocks 2 more Tofu characters with different weapon load outs to use in the same mode and beating Tofu Survivor with either of those additional characters unlocks 2 more Tofu characters.

The Ghost Survivors mode is 4 small non canon story-lines. The only unlocks in this are 15 cosmetic items and 1 item that rewards infinite ammo when equipped in the Ghost Survivors mode.

Here is a list of unlockables for the main story-line
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1638211985

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Just finished Leon A , first try in 6 hoursish enjoyed it.

Didn't expect it to be so short.

On to Claire B now to get the real ending, memory like a goldfish trying to remember where things are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mj2017

I'm going to play this again, planning to get S+ Rank on both Leon and Claire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Playing this again now, definitely my game of the year. This remake is definitely the scariest piece of entertainment in the last decade. Mr x's loud footsteps were actually in the dream I had last night, he's one scary fooker and I don't have enough ammo to waste on slowing him down

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Greyfox wrote: »
    Playing this again now, definitely my game of the year. This remake is definitely the scariest piece of entertainment in the last decade. Mr x's loud footsteps were actually in the dream I had last night, he's one scary fooker and I don't have enough ammo to waste on slowing him down

I was hiding from him in the clock tower and all I could hear was his footsteps and the sound of doors opening and closing. It filled me with terror knowing he was looking for me and eventually finding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Mr X is one scary ####er. Literally made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I read there's some PC mod where they have inserted the IT clown in for Mr X, no way I'm gonna open that video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I was hiding from him in the clock tower and all I could hear was his footsteps and the sound of doors opening and closing. It filled me with terror knowing he was looking for me and eventually finding me.

Think the clock tower is a safe space from him....doesn't make it any less scary when you hear him mooching around outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Back in the PlayStation days of RE2 and RE3 nemises I could handle the constant stalker as I had plenty of ammo and I'd cleared rooms of enemies. Running from Mr x just now I ran into the storage room where you get the large cog and forgot there where 2 zombies in there that I didn't think I needed to kill and walking quietly past the lickers is so tense with Mr x close behind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I still think it was a big mistake to put Mr. X in the A senarios. Makes an already short police station even more rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Just started into this tonight. Very impressed so far but only a couple of hours in. Never finished a RE game so hopefully this will be my first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Greyfox wrote: »
    Back in the PlayStation days of RE2 and RE3 nemises I could handle the constant stalker as I had plenty of ammo and I'd cleared rooms of enemies. Running from Mr x just now I ran into the storage room where you get the large cog and forgot there where 2 zombies in there that I didn't think I needed to kill and walking quietly past the lickers is so tense with Mr x close behind

Do the lickers attack Mr X? Or if zombies get in his way does he take care of them?

• Do the lickers attack Mr X? Or if zombies get in his way does he take care of them?

Eh, I think he just stomps past them but it's been a while since I've played

I'm near certain he doesn't kill the lickers

I think I've seen him knock zombies out of the way alright, but don't think he hits lickers.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Mr X yet, I'm hoping he didn't ship with my copy of the game and he's some form of optional DLC :D

Worst I've came across so far is a Licker which I crept around like a geriatric, presume your only supposed to engage these things if you have to. Great game so far though, just finished the Goddess Statue puzzle.

• Advertisement

Just finished this with Leon. Fantastic game, really enjoyed it. Without spoiling anything, is there much difference in doing a second play through with Claire?

Advertisement