Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

skerry wrote: »
    Just finished this with Leon. Fantastic game, really enjoyed it. Without spoiling anything, is there much difference in doing a second play through with Claire?

Not hugely for the most part. You go through some different areas and use some different weapons, and the B scenario has a few differences too in general. Still worth playing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Penn wrote: »
    Not hugely for the most part. You go through some different areas and use some different weapons, and the B scenario has a few differences too in general. Still worth playing though.

Cool, will definitely play through again with her at some stage so. Will give it a break for a bit and move on to Dragon Quest 11 and maybe get back then. Surprised how much I enjoyed it. I bought RE7 a while back but never got into it, just give it another try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

You have to do the second play through to get the real ending. Yeah, a lot is the same. Enough was different for me to really enjoy it. Get through it a lot quicker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Screw Attack

Enjoyed it. But I did think that the game goes downhill when you enter the sewers and onwards. I like the inter connectivity of the Police station, and the game is at its best when there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Mr. X is a gentleman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I just completed Leon 2 (after Claire 1 obv) and just wondering is there any real point in doing the Leon 1 (Claire 2 cycles)?

I read the 1s are basically the same.

noodler wrote: »
    I just completed Leon 2 (after Claire 1 obv) and just wondering is there any real point in doing the Leon 1 (Claire 2 cycles)?

I read the 1s are basically the same.

Leon 1 is basically Claire 1 but with the Leon/Ada scenes/paths/keys and Leon's weapons from Leon's 2 playthrough. And vice versa for Claire 2 vs Leon 2.

I played through the 4 scenarios several times, but mostly because I loved playing the game. There's some variation between all the scenarios, but there is a lot of crossover between them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Penn wrote: »
    Leon 1 is basically Claire 1 but with the Leon/Ada scenes/paths/keys and Leon's weapons from Leon's 2 playthrough. And vice versa for Claire 2 vs Leon 2.

I played through the 4 scenarios several times, but mostly because I loved playing the game. There's some variation between all the scenarios, but there is a lot of crossover between them all.

Right.

Like Ada Leon still.meet and interact at the same.times in Leon 1 as in Leon 2? Same Mr X encounters etc?

I am thinking about it. Had my first go on Hunk there which was a thrill ride

noodler wrote: »
    Right.

Like Ada Leon still.meet and interact at the same.times in Leon 1 as in Leon 2? Same Mr X encounters etc?

I am thinking about it. Had my first go on Hunk there which was a thrill ride

Pretty much. You first meet Mr. X at the helicopter like in Claire A, but after that he's back to following you around and then whatever scripted setpieces are in Leon's B scenario. The specific Leon/Ada and Claire/Sherry stories and scenes are the same in both their scenarios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Deluxe version of this is down to €23 on Xbox store, tempted to trade my hard copy and pick that up for some new costumes for my Claire play through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This was always on the cards. Resident Evil 3 already uses a fair bit of its predecessor's assets so it made sense from that perspective alone.

I can't wait. Hopefully they fix up Nemesis to be better executed than Mr. X.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I bought RE3 for the Vita. Played it to death in the past. Decided to fight the Nemesis in front of the Police Station. I'd done it before on a playthrough rather than running away. Bloody Hell I didn't remember it being that hard. I put a ton of bullets into him and he kept on coming. I actually never went back to it as it turned into such a stressful event.

Games are easier now. I like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

This was always on the cards. Resident Evil 3 already uses a fair bit of its predecessor's assets so it made sense from that perspective alone.

I can't wait. Hopefully they fix up Nemesis to be better executed than Mr. X.

They will need to make him sprint. That alone is terrifying but with the tentacle attack and his rocket launcher I cant wait to have a mini panic attack while I run for my life.

Apparently, cover art for RE 3 remake has made its way to PSN. Surely will be announced at the game awards, would love a February release date!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1201854055179595776?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Apparently, cover art for RE 3 remake has made its way to PSN. Surely will be announced at the game awards, would love a February release date!

Would be abit sceptical that this is put together by a fan but the quick turnaround wouldn't surprise me either.I mean plenty of assets can be used from re2 and we don't know how long they have been working on re3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Nemesis looks weird...then again the original was on the PlayStation 1 so I don't know how he should look. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

It's a site that tracks updates to PSN, the Japan store apparently has entries with these bits of art. So seems dead cert now.

I wonder how they will handle the city setting. I hope Nemesis still has branching paths and stuff, cause Mr X got old fast.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1201854055179595776?s=19

HYPE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

STARS!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Jill doesn't look as nice.
    I know, I know, it's only a video game character but you have to admit she was modelled to be quite attractive in the re:remake years ago. Hasn't quite topped that design since.

Jill doesn't look as nice.
    I know, I know, it's only a video game character but you have to admit she was modelled to be quite attractive in the re:remake years ago. Hasn't quite topped that design since.

#NotMyJill

una-kavanagh-10.png?w=300&h=225

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think Nemesis is going to terrify me more than Mr X did.

He still gives me the horrors even today

• I'm not so sure how I will feel having him follow you around the entire game though.
    I don't like that constant tension over and over. The game will need some respite.

It annoyed me slightly over time in RE2 remake as I couldn't enjoy carefully going through the police station. It felt like I had to rush it because of the constant fear of him chasing you.
    I suppose it was easier when I replayed the game as I was more aware of what to expect.

Yes he was around every corner in the original RE3 but could be avoided easily enough bar the set piece sections where he is unavoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah I was dubious about the Mr X mechanic, I thought I'd hate it and I did. I hate being right all the time.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Mr X was great. More games could do with a Mr X style mechanics...think how much more exciting Football Manager would be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Azza wrote: »
    Mr X was great. More games could do with a Mr X style mechanics...think how much more exciting Football Manager would be!

The board following you around trying to sack you when you slip up comes pretty close

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Azza wrote: »

Initially, yes but once you figure out how he works mechanically he just becomes a minor irritant.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

Initially, yes but once you figure out how he works mechanically he just becomes a minor irritant.

Yeah he was a real pain on the first few playthroughs, but after that you learn when/how to avoid him. If anything the real danger becomes running into other enemies while trying to avoid him, particularly the lickers in the ground floor west corridor and the plant zombies in the lab when you get the access chip.

Advertisement