Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »
    Found it:

Fixed your link.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Vicxas wrote: »
    Source?

Pet peeve of mine is when people ask for a source.
    Just google it! which is eventually what you did! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like a trophy added to the game. Letter likely links to Resi 3.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1204623730544001025?s=19

After reading you can find Jill's letter in Kendo's gun shop, it made me realise i never actually came across the shop in my playthrough. Googled it and can only be accessed during Leon's route and you get there after escaping the underground garage. I have no recollection of it though. I ran through the streets and continued on.

Is my memory awful or is Kendo's missable? Well be sickened if i missed such an iconic location.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    After reading you can find Jill's letter in Kendo's gun shop, it made me realise i never actually came across the shop in my playthrough. Googled it and can only be accessed during Leon's route and you get there after escaping the underground garage. I have no recollection of it though. I ran through the streets and continued on.

Is my memory awful or is Kendo's missable? Well be sickened if i missed such an iconic location.

No. You need to go through it to access the sewers. Heartbreaking cut scene and all. Dunno how you could forget it!

No. You need to go through it to access the sewers. Heartbreaking cut scene and all. Dunno how you could forget it!

Ok i looked up a video and that absolutely did not happen in my playthrough :o wtf is going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

That's odd. Maybe there is a different route I didn't find. I do remember the game seemed to be sending me in that direction. Can you remember how you got to the sewers as Leon?

That's odd. Maybe there is a different route I didn't find. I do remember the game seemed to be sending me in that direction. Can you remember how you got to the sewers as Leon?

Fuuuuuuck me.

Watched a bit of a playthrough and didn't recall any memory of controlling Ada. Looked up my trophies and saw i completed the game as Claire :pac:

I had started route b as Leon but didn't get far before trading (while it still had high value). Between that, being Leon in the demo and starting Resi 4 today, i must have had it in my head i cleared the game as Leon. Christ, sorry man. I'm off to have a drink and give myself a slap.

Even more motivation now to buy get it again (20 in smyths is great value) and finish Leon route B.

Picked this up again today. Since i have the 4k telly, was able to try HDR. Had to turn it straight off because of how weird it looked when the camera moved. Googled it and it's recommended not to use HDR, same with Days Gone, some bollox.

Anyway, I'm on Leon B. Is the Matilda useless now? I only seem to find large bullets for the M19 so I've ditched the Matilda. Annoying how Leon holds the M19 sideways though.

• Advertisement

The Kendo scene was brilliant, currently in the sewers looking for the chess pieces, i forgot how much the sewers sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Just picked this up on sale for €20 on PSN loved the original so looking forward to getting stuck into this after Fallen Order

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Finally got around to playing this and I've made it to the Underground Facility with Leon and
    is Birkin just a bullet sponge or am I missing something? I am focusing on his shoulder eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Evade wrote: »
    Finally got around to playing this and I've made it to the Underground Facility with Leon and
    is Birkin just a bullet sponge or am I missing something? I am focusing on his shoulder eye.

You need to hit all three eyes (shoulder, leg, back), then he'll go down and eyes appear on his chest, so hit them. Repeat a few times depending on how much damage you do to the chest eyes.

Penn wrote: »
    You need to hit all three eyes (shoulder, leg, back), then he'll go down and eyes appear on his chest, so hit them. Repeat a few times depending on how much damage you do to the chest eyes.
    In the first fight? Underground Facility is the name of the place under the statue in the Police Station.

In the first fight? Underground Facility is the name of the place under the statue in the Police Station.

Ah, sorry, wrong underground facility. Well then yeah, just keep shooting at him basically. He can be a bit bullet-spongy especially as you probably don't have a lot of ammo at that point. Grenades work well too, should be some dotted around where you fight him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I tried hardcore last night. Crikey. I almost always seem to have close to no ammo and healing items. And those extra scenarios? I never expected them to be that difficult.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I started on hardcore. This boss is the first time I've gotten uncomfortably low on ammo.

Got him, now I'm completely out of ammo and healing.

Mr. X sure does ramp up the tension. It would be nice touch if there was a little monster infighting.

• Advertisement

Going into the final boss, I think, on caution health with only what healing is available in the arena.

EDIT: Not that bad got him second time around. Flamethrower was pretty effective in the last phase.

EDIT 2: It wasn't the final boss.

No nuke, that could mean a pretty big change for RE3 Remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Lads about to start this who's story should i start with Leon or Claire? Is so long since i played the original i don't remember the differences

jones wrote: »
    Lads about to start this who's story should i start with Leon or Claire? Is so long since i played the original i don't remember the differences

Different differences this time around. Some small sections are different between them (some different routes to get the same things, one 20-minute section mid-game that's completely different for both). The biggest difference between them is the weapons you'll pick up during the game.

I'd be inclined to go with Leon, then Claire. Claire gets more useful weapons which will be more beneficial in the 2nd scenario, which can be a bit tougher. That's the way I did it first anyway. Doesn't particularly matter either way though.

Claire is easier overall so Leon A Claire B is probably the best route.

I got cornered by
    Mr. X yesterday. I was playing Leon B and had the jack handle in my inventory when I went into the basement where he bursts through the wall. He didn't burst through the wall he stayed on the stairs out the whole time and I couldn't get by.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No nuke, that could mean a pretty big change for RE3 Remake.

Nuke was only in Resi 3 I believe. The ending there takes place a few hours after Resi 2.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nuke was only in Resi 3 I believe. The ending there takes place a few hours after Resi 2.
    The end of the original RE2 showed the nuke going off.

EDIT: No you were right, no nuke in RE2 ending.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Final boss fight with Nemesis is timed because the missile is incoming.

Was there a note or comment in the original RE2 that the city would be bombed if the outbreak wasn't contained or something to that effect?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was there a note or comment in the original RE2 that the city would be bombed if the outbreak wasn't contained or something to that effect?

You could be right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

In Biohazard Outbreak File #2 you actually race against the clock to escape the city before the bomb, too.

Advertisement