Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Tbf, then don't watch it.

I can't fathom how people watch trailers / previews of games and movies continually.

Part of the excitement is discovering yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Really hoping for the save room music to appear somewhere. So much nostalgia

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Vicxas wrote:

Pretty sure the only way to get it is with a pre-order that unlocks the old soundtrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Vicxas wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Peatys wrote: »

Oh man, the nostalgia, the definition of feeling safe.

As for the original soundtrackin RE 2 remake, you have to buy the deluxe version which gives you extra costumes, a handgun and the soundtrack swap. It's an extra 10 euro bringing it to 70 on the psn store. **** that when I can get the base game for 45 in smyths, nostalgia be dammed. ****ty move out of capcom, that soundtrack should be included in the base game but money, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Tbf, then don't watch it.

I can't fathom how people watch trailers / previews of games and movies continually.

Part of the excitement is discovering yourself.
    True, watching an initial trailer is ok but watching previews and the likes of the first 20 mins of games is silly. Back in 1998 I remember reading the top 5 scariest RE2 moments before getting the game.. it definitely lessened the experience when I got there. I'm dying for this game as proper survival horror with guns is a rare genre now and from what I have seen of it looks like they have nailed the gameplay. I reckon this will be the best game on 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Trick is to not watch the trailers lads, it makes every movie/gaming experience better.

Heck i still havent even watched the cyberpunk trailer :):pac:

I look forward to this though, its the best resident evil by miles in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Oh man, the nostalgia, the definition of feeling safe.

As for the original soundtrackin RE 2 remake, you have to buy the deluxe version which gives you extra costumes, a handgun and the soundtrack swap. It's an extra 10 euro bringing it to 70 on the psn store. **** that when I can get the base game for 45 in smyths, nostalgia be dammed. ****ty move out of capcom, that soundtrack should be included in the base game but money, I suppose.

But look at it like this the more money the game makes the more chance we have of getting more resi games with actual horror like 2+7 over 5+6 and better chance of resi3 remake too.

So if a few extras get strapped to a dlc pack I don’t mind as long as is nothing major removed which it’s not.

The deluxe extras will prolly be down to a 2euro dlc pack about 4months later.

Leon's backstory will be that he was waiting to be called for duty. When there is no call, he decides to head to raccoon city to see what's going on.

Bit different to the original where his girlfriend breaks up with him so he gets wrecked drunk and shows up to work a day late.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bit different to the original where his girlfriend breaks up with him so he gets wrecked drunk and shows up to work a day late.

That was his back story in the original game released in 98? funny I don't remember that.

I was just checking the store and saw this was 69, I thought it was going to be cheaper for some reason.

Will zombies still be bullet sponges in the full release version?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

That was his back story in the original game released in 98? funny I don't remember that.

I was just checking the store and saw this was 69, I thought it was going to be cheaper for some reason.

Will zombies still be bullet sponges in the full release version?

Get it in Smyths man. 45 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I had this as a day 1 purchase but with the recent significant price drops on some AAA games shortly after release I may wait a few weeks.

Neither did I, I don't think it's ever said in the game but the official guide mentions it and confirmed by head Dev also :) people giving out now that it's watered down. Imagine that, people in 2018 giving out about something...

I'm going into Smyths this weekend to preorder it for 45, can't bate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I had this as a day 1 purchase but with the recent significant price drops on some AAA games shortly after release I may wait a few weeks.

I wouldn't get my hopes up unless this game tanks. That's why you've been seeing significant price drops on certain games as of late.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Vicxas wrote: »
    The gator has pretty much been confirmed but how you fight him has changed seemingly.

Teaser

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Hmmm to watch or not to watch.......

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Watched it - doesn't reveal much, just sets the tone a bit. I don't actively avoid videos but I also don't actively seek them, so I'm the type of person who may see the odd bout of spoilers but don't go out of my way to lap up every single leak, video and text on the fly, so by the time I get it it'll still be a relatively fresh and blind experience.

As for the gator, I remember it (vaguely) but not enough to care about spoiling it. RE2 for me will always be the Police Station (with inevitable underground Umbrella facility), licker on the ceiling, Birkin, big train boss, corrupt police chief, nasty death in the prison, HUNK & Tofu (and various other memories)...

Just like RE3 (to me) will always be the heartattacks I had when Nemesis decided it was time for another wall-smashing surprise cameo, or RE1 will always be that over-shoulder zombie-stare, the underground SHARKS (jesus that section terrified me), giant snakes, Jill Sandwiches and "What the hell"s.

Dogs jumping through the window.. donkeys years ago and still feel the jump!

Jill, here’s a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you

they just don't write them like this any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm going into Smyths this weekend to preorder it for 45, can't bate that.

Wait! Is this one of the rare cases where pre-ordering makes sense?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Jill, here’s a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you

they just don't write them like this any more

Time to watch a RE1 speed run on YouTube.

• Advertisement

I'm playing it at the moment, got killed by a dog about 4 weeks ago 2 hours after my last save, haven't gone back since. :mad:

Anyone gonna do a playthrough of 1 in anticipation of this release? I have the HD remasters of one and zero so considering playing through both in case there is any references to the first game.

• Anyone gonna do a playthrough of 1 in anticipation of this release? I have the HD remasters of one and zero so considering playing through both in case there is any references to the first game.

I enjoyed the GameCube remake RE1.

Oddly however is that I've never actually completed a full run of the original game for PS1 even though I've finished RE2 & RE3 multiple times.

Anyone recommend the best copy to get for PS3 / PS2? Heard there were weird music choices in the PSN version

I enjoyed the GameCube remake RE1.

Oddly however is that I've never actually completed a full run of the original game for PS1 even though I've finished RE2 & RE3 multiple times.

Anyone recommend the best copy to get for PS3 / PS2? Heard there were weird music choices in the PSN version

the gamecube remake was released on the PS. I'm playing it on the PS4, not sure about earlier consoles. It was so far ahead of it's time it's untrue. It's much harder or maybe it's just that I'm much older.

The collection I have is on PS4. It and zero were bundled together, Resident Evil Origins Collection. Should pick it up cheap enough if your interested in getting it. They did a fantastic job with the graphics. The control scheme fills a bit dated (not as bad as the remaster of 4 imo) but it's passable and you do get used to it. I had never played the original so can't really compare to how it used to be.

I never finished my RE 1 REmake on PS4. Got to where the hunters show up and a new game conveniently came out so moved on. Must go back to it before RE 2 comes out.

I just hope the remake of 2 has the gun owner and shotgun at the beginning again :)

• Just checked PSN store on PS3
    All 3 original games are 4.99 as part of sale

Resident Evil Directors cut
    Resident 2
    Resident evil 3

This and the footie has my day sorted :)

two of my best gaming memories were

RE1
    Couldn't beat the last boss. Came home from the pub one Friday, went for it. died and died again, screaming at the tv. Kept trying, running from the tyrant, shooting it, trying everything and then out of nowhere they dropped a rocket launcher from the chopper
    YOU HAD THIS ALL THE TIME?
    kaboom explody tyrant, drunk gim dancing

RE2 (2nd playthrough)
    at the train done this in playthrough one, all easy and suddenly it changed
    why won't the train go?
    I need a key?
    Where?
    There it is?
    A mfkn tyrant?
    That was hard.
    Train still won't go?
    A switch?
    Where?
    Monsters!
    Train going, finally.
    What was that noise?
    OMG that's horrible, I need to shoot it with everything

anyway RE2 2nd playthrough is probably still my I wish I could erase my memory moment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Ah RE1...

Brads general cowardice left you stranded there in the first place AND he held onto a rocket launcher until the very end before deciding hmm that could be useful :mad:

I was GLAD that Nemesis
    put a tentacle through his head
    in RE3!

Speaking of which, I wonder if zombie Brad will still be an Easter egg in RE2 like the original

• Advertisement

Anyone know if this will have a horde mode like the last few games? I saw a quick clip of a new fortification system where you can collect wood and board up Windows and doors. Looks like it would suit a horde/survival mode.

Advertisement