Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Staying away from anything to do with this game now I don’t wanna see anymore haven’t looked at any of the new stuff over the last few weeks.

Wonder is there a way to remove all resident evil suggestions on YouTube :D

YouTube ruined the last boss for me on god of war I hate that sh!t it was only the thumbnail aswell.

Game of thrones final season is gonna be tough haha

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone know if this will have a horde mode like the last few games? I saw a quick clip of a new fortification system where you can collect wood and board up Windows and doors. Looks like it would suit a horde/survival mode.

No idea but I like that concept for online alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trophies revealed. this one sounds very interesting, who the **** is gonna count their steps to keep track of it. Interesting take on the 'complete within certain time' trophy.

A Small Carbon Footprint – Take 14000 steps or fewer in one playthrough

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resident-evil-2-trophy-achievement-list-revealed-open-spoilers.91477/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trophies revealed. this one sounds very interesting, who the **** is gonna count their steps to keep track of it. Interesting take on the 'complete within certain time' trophy.

A Small Carbon Footprint – Take 14000 steps or fewer in one playthrough

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resident-evil-2-trophy-achievement-list-revealed-open-spoilers.91477/

Looks insanely hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

At Leon's walking speed 14,000 steps would take almost 2 hours or about an hour and a quarter at running speed. Once you find a decent route through the game it should be pretty much like any other timed run.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Final achievement looks like HUNK's mission - prob another run from Sewer to RPD rooftop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

It's a good idea for an achievement. Fits right in with classic Resi perfect/speed runs. Guys like Carcinogen will be delighted.

This one is a bit WTF
    Minimalist – Clear the game without opening the item box – Silver

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

GavRedKing wrote: »
    This one is a bit WTF
    Minimalist – Clear the game without opening the item box – Silver
    I guess that means you can never store key items, and have to know the exact order in which to put them into the doors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I guess that means you can never store key items, and have to know the exact order in which to put them into the doors etc.
    That sounds fun.

• Advertisement

Demo due this week on Xbox, not sure about other platforms.

• Just playing through RE2 on cube again prior to this.

This time around Leon a Claire b

Both B scenarios are much better IMO and have the scariest moments. Bit shorter tho.

Game still holds up incredibly well.

Is there a and b scenarios this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Just playing through RE2 on cube again prior to this.

This time around Leon a Claire b

Both B scenarios are much better IMO and have the scariest moments. Bit shorter tho.

Game still holds up incredibly well.

Is there a and b scenarios this time around?

No what I read was you complete Claire’s story then Leon’s story then you will get the full ending to the game like back in the day which sounds good to me

• biggebruv wrote: »
    No what I read was you complete Claire’s story then Leon’s story then you will get the full ending to the game like back in the day which sounds good to me

A great, so they are picking what's considered canon by Capcom

That's awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Happy to hear that too.

I was a bit disappointed back when REmake came out that they never bothered to join the story-lines and clean up the canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Pre ordered and ready to go zombie hunting. RE1 and RE2 for me are the best games of the series.

I have played them all. 4 was fun but it started RE down the slippery path of action games rather than sticking to its core which was survival horror.

Really looking forward to RE 2.

• There is an argument to be made that RE3 is better than RE2...

Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was RE3 the Nemesis one? The fact I have to ask the question makes it a nope from me.

I liked Nemesis - played it recently on the Vita or something. got as far as the first Nemesis fight and couldn't believe how hard it was. I chose not to run away, well that was a huge mistake. Used all my ammo and health and he was still charging me. Old games seem so much harder now.

I'm playing RE1 at the moment and at the bit where the dude was bit by the snake. So I run back to the room get the serum and then saved. When I reloaded the game some days later and went back the dude was dead, wtf? I mean I went straight back (other than having saved the game and engaged in real life for a few days)

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was RE3 the Nemesis one? The fact I have to ask the question makes it a nope from me.

I liked Nemesis - played it recently on the Vita or something. got as far as the first Nemesis fight and couldn't believe how hard it was. I chose not to run away, well that was a huge mistake. Used all my ammo and health and he was still charging me. Old games seem so much harder now.

Correct.

My love for RE2 is strong but some points about RE3 which I often feel it gets a bad rep;

Alot of thought went into the gameplay and had some great ways to mix up the formula post RE4
    • I'd argue it's one of the most tension filled of the original trilogy. It doesn't depend on jump scares that much. The fact Nemesis can show up anywhere, anytime. You never feel safe.
    • One could argue the locations have much more variation.
    • Some great refinement to the controls IMO quick turn and sidestep. The weapon set is much bigger also.
    • Gunpower mechanic was great, adds even more variation to subsequent play-throughs.

• Advertisement

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm playing RE1 at the moment and at the bit where the dude was bit by the snake. So I run back to the room get the serum and then saved. When I reloaded the game some days later and went back the dude was dead, wtf? I mean I went straight back (other than having saved the game and engaged in real life for a few days)

You need to be really quick, as in minutes.
    Normally I do this in one move without saving.

Do you have a backup save?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fred, nope, just nope :) Resi 3 was good but I only remember the nemesis, Jill's blue toob top and a Latin guy helping you. 2 was way more epic. My real argument is which is better RE 1 or 2. I think 2 is the better GAME but RE 1 was such a ****ing classic, much bigger whif of nostalgia off it.

Gimli, I think you had 5 minutes to save him. You failed. You have to start a new game and post a pic of when you actually save him this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

gimli2112 wrote: »

There was a dodge mechanic that gave you the upperhand. It is tricky but the pistol parts you get off him make a nice gun. Its hard to say which is better for me. They were both great.

You need to be really quick, as in minutes.
    Normally I do this in one move without saving.

Do you have a backup save?

I wimped out and restarted on super easy, as a result I have no back up save. I don't think he gives you anything essential. Normal mode was stressing me out, the original was nowhere near as hard. Bullet sponge Zombies running at you, deadly dogs. What got me to restart was the thoughts of facing a hunter with a pistol.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Fred, nope, just nope :) Resi 3 was good but I only remember the nemesis, Jill's blue toob top and a Latin guy helping you. 2 was way more epic. My real argument is which is better RE 1 or 2. I think 2 is the better GAME but RE 1 was such a ****ing classic, much bigger whif of nostalgia off it.

Gimli, I think you had 5 minutes to save him. You failed. You have to start a new game and post a pic of when you actually save him this time.

As I said, there is an argument :)
    RE2 for me is the most memorable, and was the game everyone owned and was talking about back in the PS1 days.

When is the last time you played RE3? I'd argue give it another go. It honestly holds up so well.
    Once I finish Claire B I'm moving straight into it prior to Remake releasing this month.

There is an argument to be made that RE3 is better than RE2...

Any takers?

I loved RE3 because Nemesis would show up anywhere and early on when you had no ammo, it was a button mash to try and turn and run away from him in sheer terror.

RE2 was the first RE I bought so its my first love of the series, I went back and got RE1 and was initally under whelmed after playing RE2, it wasnt until I went back to it recently that I ended up loving RE1.

I do have a soft spot for RE3 though.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I wimped out and restarted on super easy, as a result I have no back up save. I don't think he gives you anything essential. Normal mode was stressing me out, the original was nowhere near as hard. Bullet sponge Zombies running at you, deadly dogs. What got me to restart was the thoughts of facing a hunter with a pistol.

I think you get a shotgun off him if you save him, or do you get that when he dies, I cant remember. :o

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think you get a shotgun off him if you save him, or do you get that when he dies, I cant remember. :o

Correct; later on though during
    Shark Tank Section where he gets eaten while saving you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There is an argument to be made that RE3 is better than RE2...

Any takers?

I enjoyed 3 more than 2 but I think that was because I played and cleared 3 first.

My uncle let me play 2 when I was fairly young and the zombies chasing me at the start and then bursting into the gun shop window frightened the life out of me. Was a few years after that I went back to it :pac:

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think you get a shotgun off him if you save him, or do you get that when he dies, I cant remember.

Well you get nothing from him if he dies. You'd think she'd have the cop on to search the body. He definitely gives you something and it could have been the shotgun but I have that already. I saved him on normal.

Advertisement