Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As I said, there is an argument :)
    RE2 for me is the most memorable, and was the game everyone owned and was talking about back in the PS1 days.

When is the last time you played RE3? I'd argue give it another go. It honestly holds up so well.
    Once I finish Claire B I'm moving straight into it prior to Remake releasing this month.

Well you never know, we might get a Resident 3 REmake which I'd be all over! I wonder if they'd prefer to concentrate on remakes or resident Evil 8 whatever that night look like.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Well you get nothing from him if he dies. You'd think she'd have the cop on to search the body. He definitely gives you something and it could have been the shotgun but I have that already. I saved him on normal.

If you save him, then you get a special shotgun off him later in the game.

Edit: woops, missed Fred's post.

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    Well you get nothing from him if he dies. You'd think she'd have the cop on to search the body. He definitely gives you something and it could have been the shotgun but I have that already. I saved him on normal.

There are two shotguns.

His one is the assault shotgun. (Better range same power as Remington)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Feck I'm going to have to restart again.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Well you never know, we might get a Resident 3 REmake which I'd be all over! I wonder if they'd prefer to concentrate on remakes or resident Evil 8 whatever that night look like.

RE 8 is happening.

Based on Blue Umbrella. (You need to have played Not a Hero DLC on RE7)

• Advertisement

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    Feck I'm going to have to restart again.

It should only take an hour or so. Make sure to make two save slots this time around :pac:

RE 8 is happening.

Based on Blue Umbrella. (You need to have played Not a Hero DLC on RE7)

As much as I liked Resi 7, I never played any dlc. Will aim to get the gold edition of it every goes really cheap. Also it's my number 1 reason to buy the ps vr.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've played about 45mins of RE7 on the free PS4 demo, is it worth it to pick it up, even if you dont have PS VR?

It was bloody freaky alright but I never got around to buying it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Was the original resident evil remake good? Thinking of picking it up this week before the new one comes out

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've played about 45mins of RE7 on the free PS4 demo, is it worth it to pick it up, even if you dont have PS VR?

Yupp, I'd definitely recommend it especially as I've seen the base game can be gotten for 18 quid. Not enough for me to buy a vr headset but always tempts me.

The demo you played would have been a variation of the game, location pops up full game is more actiony but just as tense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Was the original resident evil remake good? Thinking of picking it up this week before the new one comes out

So good. It is definitely worth picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

GavRedKing wrote: »

For me, RE7 is not RE. It again moved away from its roots of third person survival horror. I watched a play through on youtube but never intended on buying it myself. It just doesn't have the feel of an RE game. It felt to me like an Outlast kind of game.

Yes it's excellent, it vastly improves on the original in terms of gameplay. It's quite an old game itself but is worth picking up. They gave it away on PS plus I think a year or so ago.

I played the demo of RE7 on PS4 as well. It scared the bejesus out of me. It's only the first hour or so and except for the end there was no real jump scares. It was very atmospheric, really dragged you in. I remember looking for something in a room and suddenly someone walked down the hall, past the door. Couldn't cope with several hours of that let alone in VR.

• ZiabR wrote: »
    For me, RE7 is not RE. It again moved away from its roots of third person survival horror. I watched a play through on youtube but never intended on buying it myself. It just doesn't have the feel of an RE game. It felt to me like an Outlast kind of game.

Tbf, it uses very similar mechanics to the original trilogy.

Key collecting, locked doors, interconnected maps, save rooms, storage boxes.

I don't know how anyone has the patience to play in VR though. I found the tension relentless at times. It was hard to play for more than 2 hours though.
    Glad I finished it though but **** me it's frightening at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya, I picked up RE1 last year, a month before it went free on PSN :o

It was only a few quid but was definitely worth it.

I tried to Platinum it so went through about 4 or 5 play throughs including a speed run game and enjoyed every minute of it, never got the platinum though. :o

• Was the original resident evil remake good? Thinking of picking it up this week before the new one comes out

It depends though. Have you played the old style before.
    Some of the puzzles / backtracking can be a turn off for the newer generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I liked it, its the way RE was intended to be played which is why they made countless more games based around this style.

Is the best way to get it with the Origins collection? I dont see a stand alone anywhere...

Is the best way to get it with the Origins collection? I dont see a stand alone anywhere...

What platform? It is in the xbox store for 15 or 20 euro.

Rory28 wrote: »
    What platform? It is in the xbox store for 15 or 20 euro.

PS4, I see Origins collection on Amazon for 16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Got my pre-order in this morning. Green Man Gaming have a 26% off promo in the run up to release. Got the Deluxe version for €51. Happy enough with that.

PS4, I see Origins collection on Amazon for 16

I bought Origins, probably from Amazon. It has Zero which I never played and the remake which I wanted. Shortly after buying it the remake was given away for free on PS plus. I'm playing the digital copy. Played a bit of Zero but haven't gone back to it. It's got a real strange mechanic where you can just leave stuff (ammo/plants etc) lying on the floor. Being the snob that I am this offended me for some reason.

Can you d/l from the PS store?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I bought Origins, probably from Amazon. It has Zero which I never played and the remake which I wanted. Shortly after buying it the remake was given away for free on PS plus. I'm playing the digital copy. Played a bit of Zero but haven't gone back to it. It's got a real strange mechanic where you can just leave stuff (ammo/plants etc) lying on the floor. Being the snob that I am this offended me for some reason.

Can you d/l from the PS store?

I can but it is more expensive than getting origins, so may as well get both

I can but it is more expensive than getting origins, so may as well get both

Zero isnt terrible but its not good either. I would skip it unless you have nothing else to play. Poxy leeches.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Rory28 wrote: »
    Zero isnt terrible but its not good either. I would skip it unless you have nothing else to play. Poxy leeches.

Leeches can eat a fat one, horrible things altogether.

• Rory28 wrote: »

For me the main issue with zero is that the inventory management is atrocious.

The removal of the storage box, having to drop and pickup items constantly and the crippling fact that you were forever swapping weapon and items between one character and another.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

"One Shot" Demo coming on the 11th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

bigphil2 wrote: »
    "One Shot" Demo coming on the 11th

You just need the bit after the /

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So you get 30 mins, and that's it for the demo - does it self destruct once the 30 mins are through? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

It might force you to reinstall it again to play over, considering it’s the full game it’s giving you.

Advertisement