Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help travel insurance nightmare

Options
  • 12-08-2015 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi
    We booked a holiday in november for august but only payed a deposit to hold it.
    In jan this year my partners dad was diagnosed with cancer all was going as well as could be expected he is not having treatment as advised by his oncologist we needed to pay for our holiday by the end of june so when it rolled round we contacted the travel agent and told them the situation , the girl in the travel agent said if we payed another €95 we would be completely covered if we had to cancel or come home so we felt it was a safe bet to pay in full and get the insurance just encase , we payed just over €4000 in total !! a year worth of saving. :( Then 2 weeks ago my partners dad was told at a check up he didn't have long to get his affairs in order, it came out of the blue as a check up in june had said it was a slow progression this is why we taught the holiday was going to be fine but took out insurance just to be safe with such a large sum of money.
    Things had changed dramatically in just over a month so we canceled our holiday.
    We got an email saying our holiday was cancelled and we would have our claim forms in the post,So they arrived tuesday and i looked up the company as the travel agent had not told us who we were insured with or sent us any policy to sign or read. On the website it said we are not covered for cancellation if a family member is terminally ill , I panicked and emailed the travel agent with a copy of the policy to which i got a reply saying that maybe the girl i booked with didn't fully understand the ins and outs of the insurance policy and she (the girl i was emailing now) would have not recommended we booked it at all, so im panicking that we will have no case .
    Can anybody please advise i have never claimed for anything ever and have no idea what i can even do about this . ....please help

Comments

Advertisement