Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most economical van

Options
  • 12-08-2015 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

just wondering which is the most fuel economical van around the size of hiace, renault traffic, Ford Transit etc.. also any other trips on the right van for the job for light enough loads 2 to 4 euro palets. If that makes sense.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Hi,

just wondering which is the most fuel economical van around the size of hiace, renault traffic, Ford Transit etc.. also any other trips on the right van for the job for light enough loads 2 to 4 euro palets. If that makes sense.

Cheers

Ducato is the most aerodynamic which makes a big difference on the motorway, the 120 and 130 can manage high 30s mpg some people claim into the mid 40s but I reckon they're only going on the dash computer which is bull. 2.2 is the same engine as the transit with the same common problems with egr and throttle valve. 2.3 / 3.0 are iveco engines very reliable.

Latest transit is very close in aerodynamics to the ducato.

Don't think any hiace will take 4 euro pallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fiercevalue

thanks for that so the ducato for fuel economy and will manage 4 euro pallets... what do yee reckon to 2011 renault traffic diesel... there seems to be alot around with low mileage etc.. and at a good price. I have seen a couple of good examples and I am very tempted?

Thanks very much

fiercevalue

whoops... trouble't mil. The Ducato is just over the weight threshold (3000kg) so I would need a HGV licence I thin? Although it would be for private use and light loads... bikes camping gear and stuff.. any tips out there in "van-land"? cheers and many thanks

fiercevalue

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

The threshold is 3500kg for a B license.

Thanks Pretender,

for that... so I am good to go on the smaller Ducato with my normal licence?... also is the extra fuel economy available in that one... do I gather that the fuel economy of 40plus mpg comes from the 2.3 multi-jet engine.

Cheers

Fiercevalue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭blabley

Got a single rear wheel xLWB Citreon Relay 120 (The 2.2 in it) and get mid 30 out of it easy, on a run bringing it back from the Somerset, UK fully loaded I got 39 out of it... And has been said before, it's GVW is 3,500Kg

Advertisement