Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi portable cassette converter

Options
  • 12-08-2015 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Aldi have two portable cassette converters. one is to mp3. i could not see if the other is mp3as they are in glass case

Are all cassette converters convert to mp3 only or is there another choice of file. is mp3 good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

NEW2DIY wrote: »
    Aldi have two portable cassette converters. one is to mp3. i could not see if the other is mp3as they are in glass case

Are all cassette converters convert to mp3 only or is there another choice of file. is mp3 good

Could be straight to .wav Either way you can convert afterwards with free tools (Audacity for example). Mp3 is standard audio format but you need to use a high bitrate (320 kps) for optimum quality. Tape conversions usually sound pretty crap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 NEW2DIY

mordeith wrote: »
    Could be straight to .wav Either way you can convert afterwards with free tools (Audacity for example). Mp3 is standard audio format but you need to use a high bitrate (320 kps) for optimum quality. Tape conversions usually sound pretty crap though.
    but if converting .mp3 to wav mp3 is lossy? is .wav lossy/

Do you need one of the aldi units. audacity could convert could you connect the cassette player to the pc and record

headphone to line in on pc?

but if converting .mp3 to wav mp3 is lossy? is .wav lossy/

Do you need one of the aldi units. audacity could convert could you connect the cassette player to the pc and record

Yes Wav is lossless but obviously larger filesize. Of course you can connect to PC to stereo and record, thats what I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 NEW2DIY

mordeith wrote: »
    Yes Wav is lossless but obviously larger filesize. Of course you can connect to PC to stereo and record, thats what I do.
    thanks i do not need the aldi converter so, only a few tapes

thanks i do not need the aldi converter so, only a few tapes

You'll need a tape player (obviously) :D, a copy of Audacity and a double ended 3.5mm jack lead. You may have to download a lame encoder for Audacity to allow conversion to mp3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement