Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to study F9 (ACCA) in Dublin?

Options
  • 12-08-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advise on which uni/lecturer to attend for F9 ACCA in Dublin. This is the first exam I'm sitting and have been out of study mode for quite a few years - any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

karak wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking for some advise on which uni/lecturer to attend for F9 ACCA in Dublin. This is the first exam I'm sitting and have been out of study mode for quite a few years - any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I've given up using colleges, at least for F exams as it's simply a rip off everywhere. Get yourself a text book and practice and revision kit and you'll be better set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karak

Thanks - I know - its very expensive. I've been trying do it with online learning but need the discipline of a class to get me back into it I think as not making much progress

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

That was long my thinking on it, especially as work was paying 75% of it. However, I found that the quality of teaching was so bad that I ended up skipping lectures anyway, especially for Champions League nights.

I did F1-F7 in Independent Colleges on Dawson Street (now Accountancy School on Westmoreland Street) and it was literally 3 hours of plodding through example after example after example. No teaching the syllabus, it was coaching on how to get enough marks to pass the exam.

I realised very quickly after I started ACCA that all these professional bodies and their licensed education providers are largely a shower of cowboys. Always have to bear in mind that these places are a business seeking to make a profit, they are not educational institutions.

Advertisement