Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring a CAO offer.

• 12-08-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I would like to know can someone give me details on how I can defer a CAO offer. Seeing how the offers are coming out Monday and I got more then enough points for my course I would like to know how I can defer a CAO offer. Also can I still do a plc with this course being deferred.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

J98 wrote: »
    I would like to know can someone give me details on how I can defer a CAO offer. Seeing how the offers are coming out Monday and I got more then enough points for my course I would like to know how I can defer a CAO offer. Also can I still do a plc with this course being deferred.

Thanks very much.

Afaik it's all in the CAO handbook on their website but the most important thing is not to accept the offer online/in writing on Monday. You need to call the college or the CAO, not sure which, as soon as you get the offer and they need to approve you for deferral. You should be fine to do another course I'd say as long as it's not through CAO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The deferral procedure is in the CAO handbook, but I think it involves writing to the college directly and deferring.

You can do a PLC even if you defer. PLC courses are not linked to third level.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭J98

Thanks very much, yeah I have to write to the college or e-mail them.

Advertisement