Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat/Pick me Up readers!

Options
  • 12-08-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Mods, I'm not sure where to post this but I felt maybe this might be ok sticking it here.

Just a heads-up to anyone who's a regular purchaser of Chat and Pick me Up magazines; they've amended their Ts&Cs now so ROI residents can no longer enter the puzzle competitions.

I only discovered it yesterday and while it's probably not a big issue for most people, I'm sure anyone who regularly enters the comps would rather know to save them from trying to enter.

An explanation from Chat in an email basically says it's something to do with a change in Irish regulations whereby they'd have to pay Comreg for permission or some drivel like that.

Anyway just thought I'd let people know.
    I'd been buying Chat for the past 17 years, entering the comps and now I won't bother.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

According to archived copies of the T&Cs (12 Sept 2014 ) you shouldn't have been able to enter for a long time. Perhaps they just decided (or are forced) to abide by their own rules.
    Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Time Inc. (UK), its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
    Doubt it has anything to do with ComReg (they deal with electronic comms and postal sectors), more likely they would need a gaming licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

slimjimmc wrote: »
    According to archived copies of the T&Cs (12 Sept 2014 ) you shouldn't have been able to enter for a long time. Perhaps they just decided (or are forced) to abide by their own rules.

Doubt it has anything to do with ComReg (they deal with electronic comms and postal sectors), more likely they would need a gaming licence.

Weird cos I only checked the Ts & Cs the other day and noticed the rule change.
    Bloody annoying to realise it's been that way since a year ago.

Regarding Comreg, they said they would need permission for Irish people to enter via phone but I don't see how that affects postal entries.

Pity anyway as I used to love entering the comps every week.
    Thanks for doing that bit of research, slimjim.

Advertisement