Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to college

Options
  • 12-08-2015 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,
    *not sure if this is the right place so feel free to move*
    I'm going in to Leaving Cert this coming year, and have begun thinking about colleges. I want to go to college in limerick as it's the closest to home and has my dream course. However I leave 1 hour 20 minutes from limerick (one way) and would prefer not to move out of home, I'm such a home bird! Do you think it'd be possible for me to travel every day to college or is it completely out of the question?
    Thanks.

***meant to say, I'll be using public transport***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Nearly 3 hours travelling and a full day in college if driving will mean you will only have weekends for doing course work, I know people working who do similar and that's all they do work and sleep during the week. If it's public transport you can at least kip on a bus and work on a train. But it's going to be hard whatever way you travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

My son travelled to college each day, from Drogheda to Maynooth, hour and a half each way, got fed up after 2 yrs and moved down but that was just him, yes it can be done but you might change your mind after a year or 2,

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

I live about the same difference from college and imo it would be impossible to get on well in college and spend about 3 hours on the road every day.

If the car is off the road for any reason you might miss a few days, or if there was harsh weather it would take even longer. Also, you would be much better off to spend the money on rent rather than fuel.

Advertisement