Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's buying all the Million Euro houses?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

I thought > 95% of the property pin threads were tongue in cheek, there's so many clueless and the world is going to end people on there

Interesting which part of the post you chose to respond to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

gaius c wrote: »
    Interesting which part of the post you chose to respond to.

The part of your post where you're deducing some notion of a trend about the overall market from the a small part of the market. For obvious reasons, I didn't see the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Could anyone give me a rough estimate on an approximate monthly mortgage for say an apartment worth 250k...over say 20 year/25years? And the deposit amount.

As you probably know I'm a first time buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

gaius c wrote: »
    And you're ignoring my post which is that stock of them is increasing, i.e. they are being put up for sale faster than they are selling. Supply > demand in that segment.

There's a tongue-in-cheek thread on the pin monitoring the glut of €1 million plus houses in Malahide that are not selling and will probably require price cuts to sell.

We still end up at daily sales of €million+ houses. Stock of all kinds is currently increasing - that means little, as does the reality that the more expensive the property the longer it has generally taken to sell - either in or out of booms and slumps. You can't argue with the daily turnover of €million+ stock, even if they've taken longer to sell than more affordable properties.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ramifications of Malahide - no-one in PropertyPin claims it as a bellweather for anything other than Malahide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Could anyone give me a rough estimate on an approximate monthly mortgage for say an apartment worth 250k...over say 20 year/25years? And the deposit amount.

Google mortgage calculator. UB have one as do all the UK banks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Pheonix10 wrote: »

Lots of mortgage calculators online: http://www.myhome.ie/calculators/mortgage

Deposit is 20%, unless you're buying something less than €220,000 and are a FTB - in which case it's 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

alastair wrote: »
    Lots of mortgage calculators online: http://www.myhome.ie/calculators/mortgage

Deposit is 20%, unless you're buying something less than €220,000 and are a FTB - in which case it's 10%.

Deposit is 10% up to 220 and 20% of the balance above 220.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 connacht_man

I thought > 95% of the property pin threads were tongue in cheek, there's so many clueless and the world is going to end people on there

property pin is the mecca of permabear cranks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

GreeBo wrote: »
    15k in rent makes it pretty easy to save a wedge if you have been paying 30k in mortgage.

A tax on labour how?
    Not benefiting productive workers how?

Wages and salaries clearly ARE that good, thats why the market rate on the south side is that high.

Except it probably isn't wages and salaries as barely hedged opined.

The numbers are tiny. If we had a functioning market the 1,000+ buying these houses would be insignificant.

Advertisement