Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Art Academy: Atelier - Wii U

• 12-08-2015 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else here picked this up?

I've never really taken the time to sit down and paint and draw in real life, but after playing this for a few hours I'm starting to think I ought to.

So far the lessons are easy to follow and learn from and there seems to be a decent amount of focus on theory too which I'm enjoying.
    If you want though you can always avoid this side of it, and just try your hand at whatever you choose.

Different pencil, pastel, charcoal and paint options and also different paper types are all open to use from the off which is great.
    You can also export your work as a JPEG to an SD card or upload a timelapse video to youtube.

Here is my first attempt at the tomato lesson using pastels :D

oh9CIwI.jpg

Some of the work I've seen uploaded to Miiverse is nothing short of exceptional :eek:

Let's see your art!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd buy it but I'm useless at art. I like it and was tempted a bit at an offer of €25 posted online. €40 Smyths are charging. :mad: It's an art app for crying out loud. I too have seen some amazing drawings on the net and in Miiverse in general. It's astounding some of the talent on there and that's a great first effort. I had the DS Art Academy and only ever did the tutorials so I'm not sure an upgrade for me would be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What resolution are the exports, do you know?
    Do the different mediums respond to any subtlety of touch or is the touch screen limited to sensing "touched/untouched"?
    Can you import your own pictures / photos to use as a background or guide? (ie tracing. I mean Inking! )
    How likely is it that a 6 year old would put a stylus straight through to the back of the game pad if they're not getting the exact shade of puce they were aiming for?

Advertisement