Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-fiber in Charlestown

Options
  • 12-08-2015 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Dont know if this is the right place, but here goes:

I am currently a DSL customer with Vodafone. When I heard efiber was available in my area, I applied for an efibre package with eircom on July 27th 2015. Order completed and installation date was set for August 4th. On the date of the installation I rang eircom to find out when the engineer would be out but was told that my order was cancelled and no one could give me a straight answer as to why it was cancelled. I pursued the matter by calling again that evening still to no avail and was told to call back again the following day when a manager or supervisor would be able to resolve the issue.

I called back the following day to speak to someone regarding the issue who knew what was going on. The result of this call was that the order was cancelled as my line could not support e-vision which was on the original order so if I cancelled the order and resubmitted it, it would go through.

I called back again the following day to resubmit my order only to be told that my order had not been cancelled and could I please called back the next day. At this stage I requested to speak to a supervisor about the situation. The call was logged for a supervisor to call me back and within an hour I spoke to a supervisor who told me the same that my order had not been cancelled and that an agent would contact me the following day t take my order.

I waited all day for a phone call but did not receive one. Eventually I decided to call sales again myself to resubmit the order. I mentioned what had happened up to now and he concluded that it was Vodafone’s fault that Eircom could not fulfil their order and that I should contact them regarding the matter.

I contacted Vodafone to see could they see the issue and they had a fault ticket left open on my account which they closed and then told my I could go ahead wit the switch.
    I then called back Eircom to resubmit my order and the order went through on Friday August 7th 2015

On Tuesday of this week I called Eircom to see if they had an install date set to which I was told once again that my order had been rejected. When I enquired as to why this order had been rejected the operator put me on hold for a considerable amount of time and then eventually came back to me to tell me that there were no ports available in the exchange which incidentally is located within 200 meters of my house. I now have been told 3 different reasons as to why my order(s) cannot be fulfilled.

Once again I requested to speak to a supervisor to try and get this matter resolved who I am just off the phone from and who tells me they can only supply mw with DSL service due to there not being any available ports in the exchange which I live beside.

I am very frustrated about the situation and want to have the issue resolved as my DSL connection is dated and behind the times

A friend of mine works for KN Networks who do the installations in my area for efibre and he tells me different regarding ports available in the exchange and evision availability in the area.

Am I the only one experiencing this terrible level of customer support or are there any more people out there in my situation?mad.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dont know if this is the right place, but here goes:

I am currently a DSL customer with Vodafone. When I heard efiber was available in my area, I applied for an efibre package with eircom on July 27th 2015. Order completed and installation date was set for August 4th. On the date of the installation I rang eircom to find out when the engineer would be out but was told that my order was cancelled and no one could give me a straight answer as to why it was cancelled. I pursued the matter by calling again that evening still to no avail and was told to call back again the following day when a manager or supervisor would be able to resolve the issue.

I called back the following day to speak to someone regarding the issue who knew what was going on. The result of this call was that the order was cancelled as my line could not support e-vision which was on the original order so if I cancelled the order and resubmitted it, it would go through.

I called back again the following day to resubmit my order only to be told that my order had not been cancelled and could I please called back the next day. At this stage I requested to speak to a supervisor about the situation. The call was logged for a supervisor to call me back and within an hour I spoke to a supervisor who told me the same that my order had not been cancelled and that an agent would contact me the following day t take my order.

I waited all day for a phone call but did not receive one. Eventually I decided to call sales again myself to resubmit the order. I mentioned what had happened up to now and he concluded that it was Vodafone’s fault that Eircom could not fulfil their order and that I should contact them regarding the matter.

I contacted Vodafone to see could they see the issue and they had a fault ticket left open on my account which they closed and then told my I could go ahead wit the switch.
    I then called back Eircom to resubmit my order and the order went through on Friday August 7th 2015

On Tuesday of this week I called Eircom to see if they had an install date set to which I was told once again that my order had been rejected. When I enquired as to why this order had been rejected the operator put me on hold for a considerable amount of time and then eventually came back to me to tell me that there were no ports available in the exchange which incidentally is located within 200 meters of my house. I now have been told 3 different reasons as to why my order(s) cannot be fulfilled.

Once again I requested to speak to a supervisor to try and get this matter resolved who I am just off the phone from and who tells me they can only supply mw with DSL service due to there not being any available ports in the exchange which I live beside.

I am very frustrated about the situation and want to have the issue resolved as my DSL connection is dated and behind the times

A friend of mine works for KN Networks who do the installations in my area for efibre and he tells me different regarding ports available in the exchange and evision availability in the area.

Am I the only one experiencing this terrible level of customer support or are there any more people out there in my situation?mad.png
    Hi FrDougalMcguire

I'm genuinely very sorry to hear of this. I can understand this new would be met with a lot of disappointment. It can indeed occur that the cabinet is maxed out and ports can unfortunately become unavailable. If you were advised this by a member of management then this would most likely be the case although I would be happy to confirm this if you would like to PM me your land line number and specific address.

Many thanks
    Al

Advertisement