Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobstown water protesters to be charged

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Bracken81 wrote: »
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." JFK

Great to see some Irish people stand up for what they believe in
    Of course I'm sure they're all Jobless/Dole scrounging scumbags, or at least that what the Upper & Middle classes want you to believe :-)

I'm working class, and a lot of the protesters ARE unemployed and scumbags looking for trouble.

The protests originally were genuinely peaceful events.

Unfortunately, Paul fcuking Murphy, Eirigi and a group of professional protesters decided peaceful protests weren't enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Billy86 wrote: »
    Ah, so it's an unfounded accusation. Because without evidence, that's all it is.
    Unfounded? I told you to head over to the relevant threads and you would get your answer, I only do so much of other people's research for them.
    I thought so since I'm all for Murphy meeting the justice system (don't recall anyone for him to be 'hung, drawn and quartered' though - either I missed the posts that did, or it's just a classic case of the Murphy supporters hyperbolic victim complex), but despise Denis O'Brien myself.

Well firstly, I think you're putting too much emphasis on the 'hung drawn and quartered' but, it's a figure of speech, implying a wish to see someone tried, convicted and punished. I'm actually surprised I have to clear that up tbh.

Lastly, I'm not a Murphy supporter, but I am growing more and more concerned at the length FG and Labour are going to, to protect the clusterfcuk that is Irish water.

You know things are severely fcuked up in the state, when you have eurostat implying that even our cso massaged figures in a vain attempt at getting the 'unmitigated disaster' passed by them.

For the record, do you think Murphy will be convicted on a charge of false imprisonment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

Of all the incredibly stupid posts in this thread, and there are many, this one has to be the worst. Well done.

A quick look through your posts in after hours and I see 90% of them are personal attacks on other posters, so I'll take your comment with a large pinch of salt.
    Thank you.

You should write headlines for the Journal.

I don't need to.
    Your lot provide plenty of them.
    You denying that there was dawn raids involving 10 coppers and that at least one of them was to arrest a kid who was getting ready for school?

Eh, what:confused:

Clear how exactly?

Did you hover over the 'submit reply' icon before posting this waffle, because you probably should have.

Provo/Erigi does not compute btw.

He was talking to dx...........

• Advertisement

Didn't realise who the head of the directing division was in the DPP until this morning.

Is it true that she's the niece of a very prominent member of the cabinet, also a Labour TD?

It's nearly as interesting as this
    The Garda Commissioner is defending the appointment of her husband to a team investigating alleged leaks of information to journalists.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/garda-commissioner-defends-husbands-appointment-to-investigation-687916.html

in light of the likes of this
    INDEPENDENT TD Clare Daly is taking High Court action against the garda commissioner over claims that her arrest for drink driving was deliberately leaked to the media.

Ms Daly filed the motion last Monday and says that details of her arrest were passed on to journalists to discredit her for raising “issues of malpractice within the Garda”.

“This information could only have come from within,” she said on her website.

In her action to the High Court, the left-wing TD is claiming negligence against garda commissioner Noirin O’Sullivan for the leak and the manner of her arrest.

Best little country in the world (to pull strokes in) so it is.

Didn't realise who the head of the directing division was in the DPP until this morning.

Is it true that she's the niece of a very prominent member of the cabinet, also a Labour TD?

It's nearly as interesting as this
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/garda-commissioner-defends-husbands-appointment-to-investigation-687916.html

in light of the various complaints about leaks to the media.

Best little country in the world (to pull strokes in) so it is.

Is there any way of verifying that Elizabeth Howlin is related to this Labour minister?
    If this is true then something really nasty and subverted is possibly happening with this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

You know things are severely fcuked up in the state, when you have eurostat implying that even our cso massaged figures in a vain attempt at getting the 'unmitigated disaster' passed by them.

Unmitigated disaster due to the lack of sophistication of the Irish people n general though who dont understand or dont wish to understand the reality of water services. The CSO is doing their best for us ( though embarrased to have to do it this way I am sure) and trying to do the best for the country as a whole, but have been dealt a tough hand by the protester group. The lack of maturity of the wider population here would get you down.

Unmitigated disaster due to the lack of sophistication of the Irish people n general though who dont understand or dont wish to understand the reality of water services. The CSO is doing their best for us ( though embarrased to have to do it this way I am sure) and trying to do the best for the country as a whole, but have been dealt a tough hand by the protester group. The lack of maturity of the wider population here would get you down.

If I understand you, you're saying the irish electorate are dumb, and that the cso (who should be a respected and independent body) were embarrassed at having to lie through their teeth in order to try and flog eurostat a dead duck.

Is that really what you believe?

If I understand you, you're saying the irish electorate are dumb, and that the cso (who should be a respected and independent body) were embarrassed at having to lie through their teeth in order to try and flog eurostat a dead duck.

And they call people who aren't FG/Lab supporters conspiracy theorists.......;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Afaicr when the protestors were arrested in the dawn raids the Gardai also took away laptops and computers and other things like notebooks etc which may have been used in arranging these protests and might also details of how certain people were expected to act/behave during the protests. There might be evidence to show that blocking the car was planned or that the torrents of abuse aimed at those in the car and the Gardai were orchestrated by a few members of a group like eirígi

It is clear that there is a dangerous "provo/paramilitary" element mainly from the Newry/Louth area including members of eirígi who were welcomed to attend and "manage" these protests and the torrents of abuse mainly aimed at Gardai and those going about their jobs installing water meters.

Some of the protesters who were arrested looked quite worried on the news earlier and I'd say they have good reason to be worried as if links are made to provo/paramilitary groups they could be charged with very serious crimes against the state.

I'd say it's more to do with getting video sources. But you might not be far off with the rest.
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    I suppose all the Jobstown 23 will be demanding free legal aid? It will be interesting to see how much these crowd of thugs cost the state. The whole aim of these gurriers and thugs is civil disobedience and causing as much hassle and expense for the state as possible!

It will be interesting to see who represents who. Murphy might lose a lot of his support if his Dáil wages pays for a big legal team and his cohorts are left on legal aid. We don't really do plea deals in this country but lads with long conviction histories will know when it's best to plead guilty.
    NorthStars wrote: »
    I don't need to.
    Your lot provide plenty of them.
    You denying that there was dawn raids involving 10 coppers and that at least one of them was to arrest a kid who was getting ready for school?

Yes. I don't think it was dawn. I don't think it was a "raid". And you said kids, not kid. So I think everything in your post was nonsense.

I wouldnt say dumb. I dount fundamental intelligence is varies much throughout all of Europe. But unsophisticated, or a little backward, or or at a lower level of culture and civilisation, yes. To their cost. But remain optimistic that this will improve in time. The transition is causing them some discomfort though.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

It still amazes me that even when tens to hundreds of thousands turn out three times in dublin alone to peacefully protest, people still defend the fringe element tossers taking over O'connell bridge just looking to stir the pot with the first garda in sight.

We've all seen the videos. Some of the local scum with the standard hoody covering the face surrounding cars and just spitting dogs abuse at anyone IW or AGS related. Same thing in jobstown.

I wouldnt say dumb. I dount fundamental intelligence is varies much throughout all of Europe. But unsophisticated, or a little backward, or or at a lower level of culture and civilisation, yes. To their cost. But remain optimistic that this will improve in time. The transition is causing them some discomfort though.

Um. Fair enough. (I think).

Could you clarify your position in reference to our (supposedly) independent CSO, apparently intentionally trying to dupe the eurostsat by sending massaged figures?

Um. Fair enough. (I think).

Could you clarify your position in reference to our (supposedly) independent CSO, apparently intentionally trying to dupe the eurostsat by sending massaged figures?

We all know the old line about lies, damned lies, and statistics.
    Numbers give an impression of precision and definitiveness. But things are never so black and white. So correct of the CSO to present a view that is the most favourable to to the good of the country.

Yes. I don't think it was dawn. I don't think it was a "raid". And you said kids, not kid. So I think everything in your post was nonsense.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC8QFjACahUKEwir7qKG3qrHAhWFodsKHcBNC_A&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishmirror.ie%2Fnews%2Firish-news%2Fjobstown-protest-16-year-old-released-without-5136387&ei=_ADPVauADoXD7gbAm62ADw&usg=AFQjCNHcS3FWuqwkFyx-Vwd3C-lvG0CMxw

7.10 am on Febuary 15th 2015.
    So, you're right, it wasn't dawn it was before dawn.
    1 kid, 16 years old and 10 of your lot.
    Grand so, it wasn't a dawn raid.....:rolleyes:

Up until a couple of years ago I had the utmost respect for AGS, I've never had any dealings with them other than the usual office type work they provide, passport forms etc.

We've seen the other side now though, throwing women into bollards, raiding houses to arrest a child and all the other corrupt stuff the whistleblowers have exposed recently.

Root and branch reform is needed in AGS and the defenders of their actions, like yourself, need to be put out to pasture.
    Mind you, when you can retire at 50 with the pension and start another career, that shouldn't be too difficult.

We all know the old line about lies, damned lies, and statistics.
    Numbers give an impression of precision and definitiveness. But things are never so black and white. So correct of the CSO to present a view that is the most favourable to to the good of the country.

I bet you felt the same way about the Greeks cooked books too, eh?

As Banjo pointed out earlier, this nicely sums up what's wrong with AGS in this country..

"The Garda Commissioner is defending the appointment of her husband to a team investigating alleged leaks of information to journalists.
    Detective Superintendent Jim McGowan is one of two senior Gardaí leading the investigation.

Speaking at a Garda graduation ceremony in Templemore, Commissioner Noirín O'Sullivan denied that any tapping or monitoring of journalists' phones was taking place.
    She said: "I think it is a matter of public record that my husband is a Detective Superintendent in An Garda Síochána.
    "Any roles he carries out in An Garda Síochána is in that capacity."

Proper little old boys/girls club, isn't it?

How did Noreen O'Sullivan get the job in the first place?

Oh yea, the last lad had to 'retire' (after another house call under the cover of darkness from the taoiseach's office) after his dodgy dealings and mouthing off to the other lad who had to resign as minister for justice.
    She was his next in command.

More so. They went off the deep end altogether and tried to present fantasy to the Troika. And were correctly laughed at (sympathetically though) and rebuffed. There's presentation in a positive light, and presentation of complete fiction.
    Ireland, fortunately, while towards the Greek end of the spectrum, isnt quite as bananas.

7.10 am on Febuary 15th 2015.
    So, you're right, it wasn't dawn it was before dawn.
    1 kid, 16 years old and 10 of your lot.
    Grand so, it wasn't a dawn raid.....:rolleyes:

That kid was in the house on his own was he?
    Up until a couple of years ago I had the utmost respect for AGS, I've never had any dealings with them other than the usual office type work they provide, passport forms etc.

We've seen the other side now though, throwing women into bollards, raiding houses to arrest a child and all the other corrupt stuff the whistleblowers have exposed recently.

Root and branch reform is needed in AGS and the defenders of their actions, like yourself, need to be put out to pasture.
    Mind you, when you can retire at 50 with the pension and start another career, that shouldn't be too difficult.

So what you are saying is, although all your actual dealings with the Gardaí have been fine, you're still dismissing the whole force. You sound like exactly the type of personality people like Murphy target.

• Advertisement

More so. They went off the deep end altogether and tried to present fantasy to the Troika. And were correctly laughed at (sympathetically though) and rebuffed. There's presentation in a positive light, and presentation of complete fiction.
    Ireland, fortunately, while towards the Greek end of the spectrum, isnt quite as bananas.

Lol you thought I meant after they went needed help? You are aware that they presented cooked books in order to join the EU I presume?
    Now, in hindsight, I'm sure that they were doing it
    to present a view that is the most favourable to to the good of the country.
    which you're obviously ok with.

I think it's time to a stop feeding you tbh.

That kid was in the house on his own was he?

So what you are saying is, although all your actual dealings with the Gardaí have been fine, you're still dismissing the whole force. You sound like exactly the type of personality people like Murphy target.

Murphy's an arsehole.
    He wouldn't get my vote even if he was running in my constituency.

However, two things..
    1. The press have been given details of impending charges before anyone supposedly to be charged has and
    2. The obvious clique, shown in all it's glory by O'Sullivan by appointing her husband to investigate leaks to the media.

You do the force no favours on here by defending everything they are involved with.
    We had Papal infallibility, what's the story with AGS?
    Commissioner infallibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Irish Water a brand name any marketing executive would give up a testicle for turned to a byword for incompetence, cronyism and general fcukery. Well done FG labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

A quick look through your posts in after hours and I see 90% of them are personal attacks on other posters, so I'll take your comment with a large pinch of salt.
    Thank you.

Does that make your post any less stupid? I don't think so.

Does that make your post any less stupid? I don't think so.

Leaves your credibility where it belongs though.

Amber? Isn't that like a tan colour??

Murphy's an arsehole.
    He wouldn't get my vote even if he was running in my constituency.

However, two things..
    1. The press have been given details of impending charges before anyone supposedly to be charged has and
    2. The obvious clique, shown in all it's glory by O'Sullivan by appointing her husband to investigate leaks to the media.

You do the force no favours on here by defending everything they are involved with.
    We had Papal infallibility, what's the story with AGS?
    Commissioner infallibility?

I'm pretty sure I've never defended Garda management.

I'm pretty sure I've never defended Garda management.

Look, the thing is that from an outside view, the Jobstown thing was a set up.
    Burton knew what would happen, she knew about the strong anti-water sentiment in Tallaght, she knew AGS would be put in an almost impossible position and she knew what the consequences would be.

She played politics with the force in order to discredit her government's detractors.

I'd suggest some high level meetings between AGS and the Dept of Justice to try and alleviate the obvious mistrust developing between some sections of society and AGS, but that old clique means it wouldn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

seamus wrote: »
    Because baton charging an already tense mob when they have an innocent civilian's vehicle trapped and surrounded is a stupid idea.

I am no supporter of these silly protests, or the riff raff that causes trouble, but surely you understand that "clearing a path" is different from "baton charging an already tense mob".

Was Joan Burton not reading her paper while this "mob" was making fools of themselves (or rioting if you prefer)

• Advertisement

It still amazes me that even when tens to hundreds of thousands turn out three times in dublin alone to peacefully protest, people still defend the fringe element tossers taking over O'connell bridge just looking to stir the pot with the first garda in sight.

We've all seen the videos. Some of the local scum with the standard hoody covering the face surrounding cars and just spitting dogs abuse at anyone IW or AGS related. Same thing in jobstown.

Not really. In Jobstown one person was targeted. Unfortunately she wasn't alone in her vehicle. There was also an aide and a driver.

Advertisement