Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobstown water protesters to be charged

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

Exaggeration and factually incorrect opinion piece by someone who obviously has issues with both the Government and the Gardai.

Miles and miles of issues......:rolleyes:

What a rose tinted and skewed view of events. My favourite line is

The author obviously has an issue with Gardaí being involved in child neglect and cruelty cases. It reminds me of your continuing use of "dawn raids on kids getting ready for school".

In any case the author is wrong on a number of points particularly the view that the DPP only has six months to bring a charge against someone.

The infallibility continues...unabated.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

NorthStars wrote: »
    The infallibility continues...unabated.....

The you ever actually address a point or is this thread just a soap box to you?

The you ever actually address a point or is this thread just a soap box to you?

AGS and its members are the government soapbox.
    You can't even see it. Don't bite the hand, eh?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

AGS and its members are the government soapbox.
    You can't even see it. Don't bite the hand, eh?;)

So, no.

• Advertisement

So, no.

If you want to discuss Jobstown, perhaps you can start by answering this.
    Why did AGS allow burton's car to be blocked in?
    The crowd only grew as more people heard about what was happening.
    There were only a few protesters at the start.
    So, why did AGS allow the situation develop as it did?
    Operational reasons? Reasons that never have been explained.
    Perhaps you could explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to incompetence. :)

If you want to discuss Jobstown, perhaps you can start by answering this.
    Why did AGS allow burton's car to be blocked in?
    The crowd only grew as more people heard about what was happening.
    There were only a few protesters at the start.

Watch the videos, which are plentiful on youtube, and tell us how they could have avoided it! The "peaceful" protesters were already heckling the graduates leaving their graduation ceremony, so they were out for trouble.

Watch the videos, which are plentiful on youtube, and tell us how they could have avoided it! The "peaceful" protesters were already heckling the graduates leaving their graduation ceremony, so they were out for trouble.

I missed that bit, could you stick an ould link up there?

Your opinions on water protesters, 'the left', Paul Murphy and IW are well known.
    As such, they are biased and worthless.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    I missed that bit, could you stick an ould link up there?

"The protesters were already heckling the graduates"

Have you ever read such bullsh1t in your life?

I'm sure a video of the said protesters heckling the graduates will be forthcoming

as opposed to a video of Joanie being heckled with a commentary by the poster explaining how that's somehow equivalent to what she stated

Much like the use of the word "frenzied" earlier, straight from the fevered imagination of a Sindo sub editor

Have a look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzKz69VkYJE

A video of protesters calling the Gardai traitors, applauding the graduates as they walked out and then heckling Joan Thatcher.

Thanks for proving my point.
    As I said....... bullsh1t, biased and worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

What a rose tinted and skewed view of events. My favourite line is

The author obviously has an issue with Gardaí being involved in child neglect and cruelty cases. It reminds me of your continuing use of "dawn raids on kids getting ready for school".

In any case the author is wrong on a number of points particularly the view that the DPP only has six months to bring a charge against someone.

Its not the author who has the issue.

It is the victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

A video of protesters calling the Gardai traitors, applauding the graduates as they walked out and then heckling Joan Thatcher.
    In fairness the video starts with somebody from An Cosan telling a protester the it was 'their day' (referring to the students) and the protester responding that she didn't care.

The heckling really took off as soon as the students started leaving the building (way before Burton left).
    It may have been their intention to aim it as Burton or the Gardai, but it was the students leaving that triggered it. I wouldn't blame them if some of them thought that they were being called traitors (for attending an event with Burton present).

Gas.

I have not read one post on this thread supporting Burton or Kelly or Pinnochio.

Its all pathetic dissing.

gladrags wrote: »
    Gas.

I have not read one post on this thread supporting Burton or Kelly or Pinnochio.

Its all pathetic dissing.

The judges and jury from the pro-IW/anti-protester gang have passed their judgement.
    I really hope none of these obviously biased people are called for jury duty in these cases.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

The judges and jury from the pro-IW/anti-protester gang have passed their judgement.
    I really hope none of these obviously biased people are called for jury duty in these cases.

All biased in favour of the law, how awful :rolleyes:

Graham wrote: »
    All biased in favour of the law, how awful :rolleyes:

Good man.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Thanks for proving my point.
    As I said....... bullsh1t, biased and worthless.

Joan Thatcher??

Absolutely pathetic uneducated dribble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

In fact, given Joan Burton's stubborn insistence on maintaining headline social welfare rates, and her reinstatement of things like the Christmas payment, you'd think these people would take a peaceable approach to her in particular, whatever about Alan Kelly etc.

I'd love to see the reaction if someone like Leo Varadkar or Charlie Flanagan were moved into Social Protection after the next election. These moaners don't know how easy they have it. They'd be calling for Joan Burton to come back, if that ever happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

conorh91 wrote: »
    In fact, given Joan Burton's stubborn insistence on maintaining headline social welfare rates, and her reinstatement of things like the Christmas payment, you'd think these people would take a peaceable approach to her in particular, whatever about Alan Kelly etc.

I'd love to see the reaction if someone like Leo Varadkar or Charlie Flanagan were moved into Social Protection after the next election. These moaners don't know how easy they have it. They'd be calling for Joan Burton to come back, if that ever happened.
    Most generous welfare system in Europe.

Gimme gimme gimme.

But willing to contribute nothing back, horrible leech on society.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Gimme gimme gimme.

But willing to contribute nothing back, horrible leech on society.

But, enough about Joan.....

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Joan Thatcher??

Absolutely pathetic uneducated dribble.

LOL.:)

Bambi wrote: »
    I'm sure a video of the said protesters heckling the graduates will be forthcoming

as opposed to a video of Joanie being heckled with a commentary by the poster explaining how that's somehow equivalent to what she stated

Much like the use of the word "frenzied" earlier, straight from the fevered imagination of a Sindo sub editor

Is that why generations of Irish people will be paying back the estimated 100 billion or so.,?

Or is it the hilarious banking inquiry.?

But wait,there is another one or two,on the way.

Not guilty yer honor.

Says yer man from the Sindo,who had his
    penalty points "quashed".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Is thst why generations of Irish people will be paying back the estimated 100 billion or so.,?

Not guilty yer honor.

Purple monkey dishwasher.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Is thst why generations of Irish people will be paying back the estimated 100 billion or so.,?

Not guilty yer honor.

As long as fianna fail/fine Gael are in power, the leeches in the law firms will continue to Gorge on the hundreds of millions they can make from tribunals and enquiries!

Its the best small country in the world to be a barrister!

As long as fianna fail/fine Gael are in power, the leeches in the law firms will continue to Gorge on the hundreds of millions they can make from tribunals and enquiries!

Its the best small country in the world to be a barrister!

Wasn't part of the MoU with the troika a total overhaul of the legal system in Ireland?
    What happened to that?
    Why aren't our pro-IW/pro 'doing what our betters in the EU tell us to do' crowd up in arms about that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

As long as fianna fail/fine Gael are in power

If only there were some way to change the government that the entire population could participate in. :rolleyes:

Advertisement