Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobstown water protesters to be charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Graham wrote: »
    If only there were some way to change the government that the entire population could participate in. :rolleyes:

That depends on whose "government" you are referring to.

Kenny has no overall mandate,and his party never had.

Still.

There goes "democracy".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

I looked at the you tube videos and am not surprised people will face public order charges and false imprisonment charges over this. The way the crowd protested wasn't very civilised and to prevent her from leaving in her car is bad form. She must have been very nervous that things could have escalated into physical violence. Also why are a lot of the protesters holding up their mobile phone recording the event. Looks like they were hoping the gardai would put a foot wrong and possible physically assault someone so they could take him or her to the cleaners. If that's the case there a bunch of scumbags although I am not surprised by some of the people who live out in that area of Dublin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

gladrags wrote: »
    That depends on whose "government" you are referring to.

Kenny has no overall mandate,and his party never had.

Still.

There goes "democracy".

Nothing to stop you standing at the next elections.

Nothing to stop you standing at the next elections.

With a "New Politics" manifesto.?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

With a "New Politics" manifesto.?

Contact Denis first, i hear he's great at funding political parties!

When your in, just throw him a few Gov contracts and your both happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭voter1983

Roll on the trial. I can't wait to see the smirk wiped off Murphy's face when he and his rent-a-mob are led away in chains!

voter1983 wrote: »
    Roll on the trial. I can't wait to see the smirk wiped off Murphy's face when he and his rent-a-mob are led away in chains!

While I'm not a Paul Murphy fan, I just want to see justice done. The events of that day were a new low for Ireland and ones I never want to see here again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Nobody will be jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Nobody will be jailed.

Famous last words. I'm hoping for a fine and hefty jail term.

Im unbiased.I dont really care.Vut thats my guess at the oucome.
    But seeing the links between the dpp and lab i could be wrong.

• Advertisement

But seeing the links between the dpp and lab i could be wrong.

Neither the DPP or the Labour Party get to pass sentences.

I'm sure there will be a conspiracy theorist along any second to refute that fact.

Neither the DPP or the Labour Party get to pass sentences.

I'm sure there will be a conspiracy theorist along any second to refute that fact.

But they do get ppl into the courtroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

But they do get ppl into the courtroom.

It helps when the niece of Brendan Howlin is the one making the decision to bring it to court.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

NorthStars wrote: »
    It helps when the niece of Brendan Howlin is the one making the decision to bring it to court.....

Didn't take long.

Could we post her a copy of The Moriarty Tribunal?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Didn't take long.

Very observant.;)

Could we post her a copy of The Moriarty Tribunal?

No point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Very observant.;)

Hardy hah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Totally agree with any charges if this had happened to anyone else who didn't happen to be involved in government there would be various radio stations face booking about how awful it is etc. Water aside, it's wrong either way. What happened to peaceful protesting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Presumably,Deputy Murphy's Legal Team will be able to move to have any charges struck-out because of this familial connection.

I would imagine that once the Deputy's Lawyers can prove that the prosecution is compromised by Ms Howlin's relationship,the rest will be easy....;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Presumably,Deputy Murphy's Legal Team will be able to move to have any charges struck-out because of this familial connection.

I would imagine that once the Deputy's Lawyers can prove that the prosecution is compromised by Ms Howlin's relationship,the rest will be easy....;)

There's a reason why labour are at 6% in the latest polls.
    If this connection is proven or tested in court they'll be on zero....
    It never ceases to amaze me how this government has taken the massive goodwill they were given by people in 2011, myself included, and thrown it back in the electorate's faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

There's a reason why labour are at 6% in the latest polls.
    It never ceases to amaze me how this government has taken the massive goodwill they were given by people in 2011, myself included, and thrown it back in the electorate's faces.

They had a massive mandate to change the way the country is run for everyone of our citizens good and they just continued on where FF left off with their noses in the trough.

They had a massive mandate to change the way the country is run for everyone of our citizens good and they just continued on where FF left off with their noses in the trough.

And pulled Denis into the trough with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yep, couldn't agree anymore. The country, unemployment and economically especially, is every bit as bad now as it was four years ago. What's worse is there have been no major social reforms either, no major changes made that would have Ireland considered a trendsetter or garner us any global attention.

I know this is your usual misdirect, redirect when you've nothing else but...

Does the family connection really need to be proved in court? It's probably already accepted that the connection exists.

Apart from your assumption that this is automatically grounds for a mistrial have you anything at all?

I know this is your usual misdirect, redirect when you've nothing else but...

Does the family connection really need to be proved in court? It's probably already accepted that the connection exists.

Apart from your assumption that this is automatically grounds for a mistrial have you anything at all?

There are a other well founded issues surrounding this issue.

And the most fundamental as far as I can tell,is the ridiculous absurdity that no one has been charged yet,unless you call trial by media a legal entity.

A very dangerous precedent,all of which in the first instance indicates,the potency and damage,the water protests have had on exposing Kenny and Burtons baseless ideology.

There are a other well founded issues surrounding this issue.

That's a lot of issues.
    And the most fundamental as far as I can tell,is the ridiculous absurdity that no one has been charged yet,unless you call trial by media a legal entity.

I just took a really in-depth look through the constitution and all relevant legislation.

Brace yourself now, it sounds like this may come as a shock:

It's not a crime to be related to someone.

While I'm not a Paul Murphy fan, I just want to see justice done. The events of that day were a new low for Ireland and ones I never want to see here again.

Fortunately,it is not for mob rule to decide in what format,justice is meted out.

We have had enough of that form of rabble in this country.

Your claim that this is a "new low" for this country is an insult to the many who have suffered injustice and false imprisonment,as a result of a baying mob.

That's a lot of issues.

I just took a really in-depth look through the constitution and all relevant legislation.

Brace yourself now, it sounds like this may come as a shock:

It's not a crime to be related to someone.

Were does it say in the constitution or anywere else that legally,judgement precedes an individuals right to innocence.?

It must have been a failed state constitution,because it most certainly was not the Irish constitution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Fortunately,it is not for mob rule to decide in what format,justice is meted out.

We have had enough of that form of rabble in this country.

Your claim that this is a "new low" for this country is an insult to the many who have suffered injustice and false imprisonment,as a result of a baying mob.

They are gone beyond a joke at this stage GL, there was one of them looking for the protesters to be given head injuries to teach them a lesson a while ago.

Wishing violence on people, it just doesnt make sense to me. :confused:

Advertisement