Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobstown water protesters to be charged

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

VinLieger wrote: »
    Which of the 16 less corrupt countries do you mean?

http://www.transparency.org/country#IRL

The laws in this country have been set to ensure corruption is seldom exposed.

Ireland is the land of the nod and the wink....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

NorthStars wrote: »

So your saying transparency international were paid off to ignore this?

VinLieger wrote: »
    So your saying transparency international were paid off to ignore this?

Quite the jump there...fair play.

What would it take for people to admit there's corruption in this country?

Maybe we could have a tribunal and expose the corrupt dealings between a Maltese tax exile and a Fine Gael minister.

How coincidental would it be then, that 20 years later, when Fine Gael are back in government, the same tax exile is awarded state contracts to install water meters by a Fine Gael minister, after buying the company who'd put them in off a state agency with a €100 million debt writedown?

Nothing corrupt at all about it.

Paddy's either very gullible or very thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

What would it take for people to admit there's corruption in this country?

Maybe we could have a tribunal and expose the corrupt dealings between a Maltese tax exile and a Fine Gael minister.

How coincidental would it be then, that 20 years later, when Fine Gael are back in government, the same tax exile is awarded state contracts to install water meters by a Fine Gael minister, after buying the company who'd put them in off a state agency with a €100 million debt writedown?

Nothing corrupt at all about it.

Paddy's either very gullible or very thick.

Of course there's corruption in this country.

Does this bother most folk unduly ?...I very much doubt it,as,by and large they just find their ways of beating/dealing with it.

After a while,usually by around mid 20's,people are fairly well able to function individually,whilst managing to co-exist with others doing the same.

Usually they come to recognize that here is no such entity as a corruption-free State.

Over the years,many's the lad headed off in high-dudgeon,after getting the oul TCD degree,to find that Utopia.

I'm not aware of any that actually did,or if they did,then they kept it VERY quiet.

We are ALL human beings,with a fairly full-bag of failings and flaws....get over it and try your best to adapt...then you'll end up happy and reasonably fulfilled.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Of course there's corruption in this country.

Does this bother most folk unduly ?...I very much doubt it,as,by and large they just find their ways of beating/dealing with it.

After a while,usually by around mid 20's,people are fairly well able to function individually,whilst managing to co-exist with others doing the same.

Usually they come to recognize that here is no such entity as a corruption-free State.

Over the years,many's the lad headed off in high-dudgeon,after getting the oul TCD degree,to find that Utopia.

I'm not aware of any that actually did,or if they did,then they kept it VERY quiet.

We are ALL human beings,with a fairly full-bag of failings and flaws....get over it and try your best to adapt...then you'll end up happy and reasonably fulfilled.

My life couldn't be better as it happens.
    Gorgeous wife, 3 beautiful kids, successful business and a home overlooking the sea.
    I'm incredibly fulfilled.

I just come on here to vent....this place isn't the real world, it's a bit of craic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Gorgeous wife, 3 beautiful kids, successful business and a home overlooking the sea.

I just come on here to vent....this place isn't the real world, it's a bit of craic...

You seem to do an awful lot of venting Ned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

It's the wife.

We all know she's beautiful & loves being fulfilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

There is corruption on all levels.

Whether its people fiddling their tax affairs or people doing nixers or people claiming welfare they don't need or claiming disability.

The point is most people in life will always try to get away with things.

Doesn't how small it is it all adds up.

You have to be incredibly naive to think governments are perfect or people.

It's the wife.

We all know she's beautiful & loves being fulfilled.

Keep it coming lads, it's mildly amusing.;)

• Advertisement

JustTheOne wrote: »
    There is corruption on all levels.

You have to be incredibly naive to think governments are perfect or people.

It's not wrong to expect better of people who exist on mine and yours tax euro, is it?

It's not wrong to expect better of people who exist on mine and yours tax euro, is it?

Could say that about welfare recipients or pubic sector workers and so on.

How are you been hard done by this government?

Your 12.5% corporation tax you pay under this government is very generous compared to what other parties are proposing.

Could say that about welfare recipients or pubic sector workers and so on.

How are you been hard done by this government?

Your 12.5% corporation tax you pay under this government is very generous compared to what other parties are proposing.

Self employed.

Anyway, enough about me, any sign of the court cases yet?

Self employed.

Anyway, enough about me, any sign of the court cases yet?

Yeah so is your corporation tax not 12.5%?

Yeah so is your corporation tax not 12.5%?

Self employed persons aren't liable for corporation tax.

Self employed persons aren't liable for corporation tax.

If you're a limited company you are.

You obviously aren't sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Only ONE minister quoted in that article. Where did you get the "all"? Do you not agree with this? "Minister Fitzgerald said: "For Collins, disagreement was to be cherished, but interference with the people, their safety and their property was unacceptable.""

Only ONE minister quoted in that article. Where did you get the "all"? Do you not agree with this? "Minister Fitzgerald said: "For Collins, disagreement was to be cherished, but interference with the people, their safety and their property was unacceptable.""

As in general about this issue, Many have come out and laid stalls going on about the "Violence."

And I'm not going down the Civil war route. Ministers are going on about this event and no one has been charged. Shame they don't have the same zeal over other files in the DPP.

As in general about this issue, Many have come out and laid stalls going on about the "Violence."

And I'm not going down the Civil war route. Ministers are going on about this event and no one has been charged. Shame they don't have the same zeal over other files in the DPP.

There's no benefit in Howlin having a word with his niece about the findings of the Moriarty tribunal, is there? Or, maybe he did and that's why the file sits gathering dust.

BTW, mary can't tell the difference between 'one' and 'all' when it suits her, especially in relation to water protesters.
    That's the double standard of a proper government cheerleader.

• Advertisement

http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0813/720903-burton-water-charge-protest/

Its great to see mob rule loses in the end.

Any sign of the summonses or the charges or the court cases etc etc?

Have any of the 20 or so people involved been informed of the pending legal proceedings against them?

Must we await another leak from Howlin's niece's office for more information?

Is it all a scam or was the mole lying?

There's a mob in action ok, and it's not the one that was in Jobstown. Well, maybe one of the mob leaders was in Jobstown, smirking and sneering at the people who elected her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

indeed this is true.

i have no doubts this country is one of the most corrupt in Europe

jonnny68 wrote: »
    indeed this is true.

You have no doubts, but do you have any proof?

indeed this is true.

The government cheerleaders will be along any minute now to demand absolute proof.....

Much like a scumbag who's committed a crime, who'll demand every ounce of proof and if there's even a spelling error on the summons or it's delivered 1 minute past the due time, he'll demand to be acquitted.
    Cheerleaders to a tee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

The government cheerleaders will be along any minute now to demand absolute proof.....

indeed mate, paid trolls who spam forums and news websites like the journal and defend the indefensible, some day the whole charade will be exposed but by then they will have rode off into the sunset with golden pensions.

I sincerely hope someone like wikileaks expose these charlatans for what they are

indeed mate, paid trolls who spam forums and news website forums like the journal and defend the indefensible, some day the whole charade will be exposed but by then they will have rode off into the sunset with golden pensions.

I sincerely hope someone like wikileaks expose these charlatans for what they are

To be fair, what you see on here, and it's a group of about 6, are low level trolls spouting government policy at any given moment.
    They know who they are, and the thing is, they'll change like the wind when a different government is voted in with different policies.
    One of the chief ones is a dyed in the wool blueshirt who's now hedging his bets by declaring himself a green supporter for the next GE.

They demand proof and evidence when it suits them, but at other times, when it suits their current agenda, it's not required.

Sad really, but sure that's what floats some people's boats.:o

Leave them at it, I say....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

To be fair, what you see on here, and it's a group of about 6, are low level trolls spouting government policy at any given moment.
    They know who they are, and the thing is, they'll change like the wind when a different government is voted in with different policies.
    One of the chief ones is a dyed in the wool blueshirt who's now hedging his bets by declaring himself a green supporter for the next GE.

They demand proof and evidence when it suits them, but at other times, when it suits their current agenda, it's not required.

You really must think people are idiots?

The old tactic, accuse posters of being 'trolls' when they put forward a view co trary to yours.
    Who do you really think you are kidding?

Aye they don't seem to be demanding proof in relation to the charges apparently being laid out. They are gospel apparently. But i bet if it was one of the white collar lads they would be shouting “Innocent till proven Guilty” and “All this media covarage will lead to an unfair trial.” Odd they don't say that kind of stuff in this case.

The old tactic, accuse posters of being 'trolls' when they put forward a view co trary to yours.

So, tell me Mr. Middle Ireland, where's the court cases or the summonses for the 20+ people in the Jobstown protest?
    2 weeks now since the snitch ran to the press.

• Advertisement

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/europeanrights-body-warns-of-corrupt-ireland-298902.html

Advertisement