Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobstown water protesters to be charged

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

Billy86 wrote: »
    OK, I'm going to do something crazy here lads...

I hope you're ready, because collective heads are about to explode...

I should apologise in advance, because I think I've lost my marbles in asking this...

But do you have any proof of this whatsoever? You know, given that you already brought this up, and you already had it debunked, but chose to ignore that.

It's almost as if all this circle-jerking and rampant confirmation bias is making actual facts to back up claims a crime, in the eyes of some.

So, you're disputing the official figures from IW.
    Interesting..........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

NorthStars wrote: »
    Your mate bender coined the phrase on here.
    I guess if he's 'middle Ireland', that makes me upper Ireland.
    Sure, there you go.;)

actually it wasnt but why let facts get in the way of "witty" post.

actually it wasnt but why let facts get in the way of "witty" post.

Eh, on these threads....it was.
    That and finishing each post with laddie, lad, mate etc etc etc.....
    Passive aggressive posting is such fun, isn't it?

Eh, on these threads....it was.
    That and finishing each post with laddie, lad, mate etc etc etc.....
    Passive aggressive posting is such fun, isn't it?

nope. this was the first post on this thread to use that phrase.
    falan wrote: »
    Are you chief spokesman for middle ireland?

I wouldnt know about the passive aggressive posting. I prefer facts.

nope. this was the first post on this thread to use that phrase.

I wouldnt know about the passive aggressive posting. I prefer facts.

I said 'these threads' as in the ones about protesters, Murphy, IW etc etc......

Perhaps you could provide some facts then that are being denied by other posters.

How about 43% of bills being paid being equal to almost 800,000 households not paying?
    (1.4 million households they reckon, 43% being 6,020,000.)
    How about IW's claim of 70% being registered (by them) using info garnered from Revenue's LPT database etc etc?
    (That would be less than a million of the 1.4 million)
    Figures from IW themselves.

How about the fact that for the next 10 years IW is to be classed as a government agency, being funded by central taxation, from the LGF and from general subventions from the NPRF etc etc?

Howe about the fact that Eurostat aughed their faces off at the 'water conservation grant' and seen it for what it is (a bribe)?

How about the fact that nearly 3 weeks since a mole leaked about 20+ cases going to court, nobody in question has heard a peep from the DPP's office?

• Advertisement

I said 'these threads' as in the ones about protesters, Murphy, IW etc etc......

Perhaps you could provide some facts then that are being denied by other posters.

How about 43% of bills being paid being equal to almost 800,000 households not paying?
    (1.4 million households they reckon, 43% being 6,020,000.)
    How about IW's claim of 70% being registered (by them) using info gained from Revenue etc etc?
    (That would be less than a million of the 1.4 million)
    Figures from IW themselves.

i've no idea what you are blathering on about now.

i've no idea what you are blathering on about now.

I know.:cool:

I know.:cool:

perhaps if it had some relevance to the post you quoted i might have a clue instead of you just banging an old drum

perhaps if it had some relevance to the post you quoted i might have a clue instead of you just banging an old drum

You claimed that you preferred 'facts'.
    I gave you some to ponder.

You claimed that you preferred 'facts'.
    I gave you some to ponder.

any interesting facts?

• Advertisement

any interesting facts?

Why are you posting on this thread?
    You've added a big fat zero to it.
    I'll leave you to it, don't expect any replies from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

any interesting facts?

Seriously, you're wasting your time. It'd be more fruitful to debate the merits of homosexual marriage with the Westboro Baptist Church.

Why are you posting on this thread?
    You've added a big fat zero to it.
    I'll leave you to it, don't expect any replies from me.

this thread is not about Irish Water. they are banned in AH. it is about the protestors being. First off you get pissed because the protestors were being charged and now you're pissed that they haven't been charged. make your mind up.

Seriously, you're wasting your time. It'd be more fruitful to debate the merits of homosexual marriage with the Westboro Baptist Church.

Another classic from within.:pac:

this thread is not about Irish Water. they are banned in AH. it is about the protestors being. First off you get pissed because the protestors were being charged and now you're pissed that they haven't been charged. make your mind up.

Whatever....;)

Whatever....;)

i thought you weren't replying to me?

It'll really suck if no charges are made to stick and no conviction/sentences are handed down.

Bad enough that AGS stood back and allowed these heinous crimes happen right in front of them, but to then stand up in court and have all one's 'hard work' laughed out of court would be soul destroying if I was a copper.

Being used as a political pawn must seriously smart.....ouch!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

this thread is not about Irish Water.

I suspect that comes as news to 1 or 2 posters who have been determined to make this thread about IW since the off.

Remember the infamous 'brick man' on the day in question?

Perhaps someone would be good enough to give us the timeline on that day as to when the brick was thrown at that cop car?

What were AGS doing at that moment in time?

How long since burton had left did that incidence occur?

Now, I know the circumstances, but perhaps someone else would outline them.

Graham wrote: »
    I suspect that comes as news to 1 or 2 posters who have been determined to make this thread about IW since the off.

How's that Graham?
    Wasn't the protest about IW?

I mean, the article in the OP stated the following....

"It is understood the water charge protesters will face a range of offences - including false imprisonment, criminal damage and public order - in the Circuit Criminal Court."

• Advertisement

How's that Graham?
    Wasn't the protest about IW?

Read the thread title again.

Read the thread title again.

"Jobstown water protesters to be charged"

Then, a link where it states that the protest was about Irish Water.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD
    Good lord, reading through the last few pages of this thread (30 per page) has been torture.
    Get this back on topic please;
    - Enough with the cries of troll, report the post instead.
    - Enough with the backseat modding- Enough with the talking about not talking about talking about moderation accross the site.
    -
    Discussions on Irish Water can take place in the appropriate thread in Politics Cafe. Or if you prefer to speak to them directly on the Talk To forum

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    MOD
    Good lord, reading through the last few pages of this thread (30 per page) has been torture.
    Get this back on topic please;
    - Enough with the cries of troll, report the post instead.
    - Enough with the backseat modding- Enough with the talking about not talking about talking about moderation accross the site.
    - [/B]Discussions on Irish Water can take place in the appropriate thread in Politics Cafe. Or if you prefer to speak to them directly on the Talk To forum

Absolute class👌

So, once again.
    Does anyone have any information on the court cases/charges etc etc that were mentioned in the OP?

Will 'brickman' be part of those arrested and charged?

Will he be linked to Burton even though she had left the area some hours earlier?

Has the investigation into the mole in the DPP's office produced any results?

Will the mole, if exposed, be charged with any offence?

Will government politicians stop playing politics with the judicial system?

Can the fact that Brendan Howlin's niece is one of the 'directors' in the DPP's office ensure her impartiality in these matters?

Should this matter be investigated independently?

Does anyone have any information on the court cases/charges etc etc that were mentioned in the OP?

Has the investigation into the mole in the DPP's office produced any results?

Will the mole, if exposed, be charged with any offence?

No
    Nothing public as yet
    Only the DPP can answer that but hopefully yes.

Could I respectfully suggest you address the post not the poster.

Give it a rest.
    VinLieger wrote: »
    Ironic to call others trolls considering apparently hes perma-banned from other sections of this site
    Absolute class👌

:pac:

No
    Nothing public as yet
    Only the DPP can answer that but hopefully yes.

Thank you Graham.;)

Will government politicians stop playing politics with the judicial system?

There's no evidence to suggest anyone has been playing with the judicial system, just accusations from people that appear to be unhappy when the rule of law is applied.
    Can the fact that Brendan Howlin's niece is one of the 'directors' in the DPP's office ensure her impartiality in these matters?
    From what I can see the person who you are casting aspersions on is in the position because of qualification/experience and merit and has done nothing to warrant such suggestion.

To hint at a lack of impartiality purely because of a family connection would appear to be politically motivated.
    Should this matter be investigated independently?
    I see nothing to warrant an independent investigation other than the source of the leak which I understand is already under investigation.

• Advertisement

To hint at a lack of impartiality purely because of a family connection would appear to be politically motivated.

I see nothing to warrant an independent investigation other than the source of the leak which I understand is already under investigation.

Grand.

So you see no conflict of interests in having the niece of a current labour minister being involved in the direction of a case involving the leader of the labour party?

Just so as we know.

Advertisement