Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobstown water protesters to be charged

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Give Irish Water a call on 1890 278 278 and they'll fix it for free if it's on their side of the meter. No charge at all.

Why would they charge for fixing their own pipes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

Graham wrote: »
    So still, nothing. K

What are the other avenues of investigation grahem?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

NorthStars wrote: »
    What are the other avenues of investigation grahem?

You'd have to ask the investigators. Perhaps you should start another thread.

Then why announce that it's only the DPP in relation to this ? I'm pretty sure the government rags would be all over adding loads of people to the list if it was happening to make this less serious.

Well, you said that an investigation into the DPP's office was one line of investigation.
    Do you think that the leak didn't or couldn't have come from that source?
    I mean, you've spent 3 days now dismissing my claim that there was a leak from the DPP's office.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

What kind of white powder was it?
    Weekend powder?

It was actually some icing sugar from a cake Alan forgot he had at the office.

Pure and utter waffle Graham, that's all you get from that quarter.

The law will take its course, make no mistake about that, firmly and fairly.

All this "lies" and "corruption” is just pure arse boxing.

We know that.

"Arse boxing", Bendar? That's a new one on me, Chum. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Well, you said that an investigation into the DPP's office was one line of investigation.
    Do you think that the leak didn't or couldn't have come from that source?
    I mean, you've spent 3 days now dismissing my claim that there was a leak from the DPP's office.

I don't know the source of the leaks o I'm not about to guess or start randomly accusing people. If only the source of the leak had been smart enough to video themselves we'd probably be able to watch it on YouTube with the water protesters. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Satriale wrote: »
    It was actually some icing sugar from a cake Alan forgot he had at the office.

Was there a cardigan in the cake.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

For people who constantly ask for figures and documented proof, you don't like it when that proof, provided by the very quango you vehemently defend, doesn't suit the agenda.

43% is the figure, if you have more recent information, feel free to share it here.

So you ARE saying conorh91s post, that I linked you to, doesn't exist.

You said 800,000 refused to pay. You have yet to show proof of this.

• Advertisement

gladrags wrote: »

No, it was a file from the DPP :D

I don't know the source of the leaks o I'm not about to guess or start randomly accusing people. If only the source of the leak had been smart enough to video themselves we'd probably be able to watch it on YouTube with the water protesters. :rolleyes:

Ah right,
    I see where you're coming from now...:o

Billy86 wrote: »
    So you ARE saying conorh91s post, that I linked you to, doesn't exist.

You said 800,000 refused to pay. You have yet to show proof of this.

Still denying the official figures I see.
    Not much I can do for you so.
    Carry on.

Carry on.

I would not be surprised if they did not believe the figures from the horses mouth.

He might need a file in it if they carry on this lark!

Why would they charge for fixing their own pipes ?

I know! Thought he should have known that himself!

Satriale wrote: »
    He might need a file in it if they carry on this lark!

You can never tell what's in cakes these day.

That's why we have Cake Disposal Experts,or the CDE as they are known as.

Carry on.

I have not paid my phone bill, which I received earlier in the month and that was due on Tuesday. I got paid today and plan to get it done over the weekend. According to you, I refuse to ever pay my phone bill. Which makes no sense. Like your claim that 800,000 have "refused" to pay, rather than being yet to pay.

Basically, the official figures don't say what you want them to. Classic case of confirmation bias.

I have not paid my phone bill, which I received earlier in the month and that was due on Tuesday. I got paid today and plan to get it done over the weekend. According to you, I refuse to ever pay my phone bill. Which makes no sense. Like your claim that 800,000 have "refused" to pay, rather than being yet to pay.

Basically, the official figures don't say what you want them to. Classic case of confirmation bias.

You mean like seeing that people who paid once will continue to and the figures will only go up ?

The official figures say that 43% paid.
    When the second bill becomes due we'll see where it's at.

BTW, you should have paid your bill by now.
    Watch out for the late charges.....

FYI, I've a DD set up on my home and business phones, much easier.

• Advertisement

You mean like seeing that people who paid once will continue to and the figures will only go up ?
    So what you're saying is, nobody ever pays their bills at the last minute, or close to it?

So what you're saying is, nobody ever pays their bills at the last minute, or close to it?

Everyone I know pays by DD.
    Why bother with the hassle of having to use online banking or going down to the post office etc etc....
    Maybe you don't want to give IW your banking details and who could blame you.

Some will,but there was widespread coverage of bill deadlines for water charges.

And it was major news,so it is unlikely that there was a last minute rush to pay.

It: s more likely that the opposite occurred,due to the bad publicity build up.

Some will,but there was widespread coverage of bill deadlines for water charges.

And it was major news,so it is unlikely that there was a last minute rush to pay.

I am thinking the amount of paid will drastically drop due to low figures. And the attitude of well If hardly any are paying why should I.

Everyone I know pays by DD.
    Why bother with the hassle of having to use online banking or going down to the post office etc etc....
    Maybe you don't want to give IW your banking details and who could blame you.
    And you acknowledge that some people do use these payment methods, right? And that some people leave bills until the last minute on occasion?

And you acknowledge that some people do use these payment methods, right? And that some people leave bills until the last minute on occasion?

Is one trying to make out the vast majority just forgot to pay ?

The first bill is past due now as per IW's 'terms and conditions'.
    Didn't you get the reminder letter?

It certainly could be either, I'm not saying a huge chunk of that number will pay or will not. The fact is I don't know who will or will not, nobody does, and anyone claiming to know is lying. A few will pay, a few will refusing, a few might slip through for other reasons... but nobody can claim to speak for all of them,certainly not at this point in time.

It certainly could be either, I'm not saying a huge chunk of that number will pay or will not. The fact is I don't know who will or will not, nobody does, and anyone claiming to know is lying. A few will pay, a few will refusing, a few might slip through for other reasons... but nobody can claim to speak for all of them,certainly not at this point in time.

So would one Include the government in that lying ?

• Advertisement

Billy, why do you continue to deny that the majority aren't engaging with IW?
    Your first bill is well past it's due date, indeed, reminders have been sent, text messages, phone calls etc etc
    Why Billy, aren't you engaging with IW?
    I mean, why haven't you coughed up?
    Why Billy, haven't you paid your bill?
    If you paid your bill, Billy, the 43% figure would rise, wouldn't it?
    It's not on, just not on at all.

Advertisement