Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobstown water protesters to be charged

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Graham wrote: »
    Is that not true?

No. Obviously not if seanie boy had he's case postponed indefinitely today!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

No. Obviously not if seanie boy had he's case postponed indefinitely today!

Theres always a few cases being heard, it doesn't change the Courts holidays.

I am not making accusations, Where would the leak come from Name another source that could have access there are none.

So you have the proof that Northstar is lacking or are you making the same whopping assumption?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

It must be terrible to be so gullible.
    Nothing to see her...nosireeeeee.
    Kikazaru, Mizaru and Iwazaru are all alive and well on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

So you have the proof that Northstar is lacking or are you making the same whopping assumption?

Answer the Question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: Okay, stop with this childish nonsense. Graham is correct in saying that without proof, you can't say 100% that the DPP is responsible. The odds are in favour of it being them, but none of us know for sure. So except that and move on, and stop the bickering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Is that not true?

You're really wasting your time trying to explain court procedures and rules to them. They see what they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

humanji wrote: »
    MOD: Okay, stop with this childish nonsense. Graham is correct in saying that without proof, you can't say 100% that the DPP is responsible. The odds are in favour of it being them, but none of us know for sure. So except that and move on, and stop the bickering.

Unless the DPP are completely exempt from the DPA, then Id imagine from a data protection act perspective you can say 100% that the DPP are responsible for the leak even if it wasnt leaked by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Bambi wrote: »
    Unless the DPP are completely exempt from the DPA, then Id imagine from a data protection act perspective you can say 100% that the DPP are responsible for the leak even if it wasnt leaked by them.

Why is everyone assuming there was a leak? There's absolutely no evidence that any charges are pending.

In my opinion, it's a story made up by the press.

Very quiet in the papers today about the Jobstown court cases.
    Any sign of further action on these alleged crimes?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

NorthStars wrote: »
    Very quiet in the papers today about the Jobstown court cases.

Waiting for RTEs Paul Reynolds to come back from holidays, to see how he wants to proceed with the case!

Any sign of the court cases and charges yet?
    any sign of the fabled court cases yet???? Anyone????
    Any sign of the court cases?
    Any sign of the summonses or the charges or the court cases etc etc?!
    any sign of the court cases yet?
    any sign of the court cases yet?
    Any sign of the 23 court cases we were informed about
    any sign of the 23 court cases we were promised?
    Anyway, any sign of all these court cases yet?

Would it help if I promised to post news if/when there is any?

Would it help if I promised to post news if/when there is any?

Whatever floats your boat.

I'd be waiting though, just like I'm waiting for your other explanation as to the source of the leak.

Although, according to some, there was no leak and the press made it all up. LOL!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

It's quite bewildering to know whether or not this is the wrong forum, but since this thread is both very recent and very longstanding...

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/paul-murphy-makes-further-claims-of-political-policing-1.2334376
    Anti-Austerity Alliance TD Paul Murphy has accused gardaí of acting in an “overtly political manner” after allegedly being refused a permit to carry out street or house-to-house collections.

The TD posted an image of a letter apparently from the Chief Superintendent of the Dublin Metropolitan Region South on social media.

The letter states that the group’s application for a collection permit under the Street and House to House Collections Act 1962 was “precluded” under section 9(c) of the Act.

conorh91 wrote: »
    It's quite bewildering to know whether or not this is the wrong forum, but since this thread is both very recent and very longstanding...

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/paul-murphy-makes-further-claims-of-political-policing-1.2334376

It's already been mentioned in the other threads. Paul Murphy stated he was elected to break the law. He is currently being investigated for serious charges arising out of an incident which members of the poublic were imprisoned and a number of Gardaí were assaulted and robbed. Why would he be granted a collection permit to raise money for more of these activities?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Has Mr. Murphy published his application for the permit? I'd be interested in his stated reasons for the collection so I can better understand the refusal under section 9c.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Has Mr. Murphy published his application for the permit? I'd be interested in his stated reasons for the collection so I can better understand the refusal under section 9c.

Hasn't even published the name of the person the refusal is addressed to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

All political parties are barred from carrying out such collections

why should paul murphy be allowed to break that rule?.

just coz he went running to the press playing the victim of the big bad police again ,

Like a bold child he is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 sobeitamen

he is trying for martyrdom in an old tradition. best way to get support is to " suffer" very publically,,, saw a video at the weekend of him lying in the road half naked surrounded by hatless gardai ( crowd knocked them off)and folk muttering" peaceful protest"..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

mynamejeff wrote: »
    All political parties are barred from carrying out such collections
    I'd be interested in a link if you have one. Closest I can find so far is a story on Journal.ie about a Renua collector having a permit for a bucket collection. I imagine that a door to door collection would be seen differently but SIPO seem to be saying that there are no rules against a street or outside the church bucket type collection.

Journal story: http://www.thejournal.ie/renua-fundraising-bucket-2272389-Aug2015/
    SIPO Guidelines for political parties: http://www.sipo.gov.ie/en/Guidelines/Donation-Guidelines/Guidelines-for-Political-Parties/Guidelines-for-political-parties.pdf

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure they are not banned for all political parties. There are two issues with Murphys latest claim of political policing. Firstly, he has redacted the name of the applicant. Not sure why he would do this if he was the applicant. This is likely because it wasn't him who applied. Secondly, the act does not give the Chief Superintendent any choice in the matter. If they believe the money will contribute to an unlawful cause, which Murphy has outright stated he will be involved in, the Chief Superintendent cannot issue the permit.

Another day, another week.
    Where's the charges/court cases that are the subject of this thread?

BTW, it's also good to see the coppers on Saturday didn't cause trouble as is usual.
    Hopefully someone is reigning them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

BTW, it's also good to see the coppers on Saturday didn't cause trouble as is usual.
    Hopefully someone is reigning them in.

Has there been any trouble at the the previous major marches or are we missing something involving the Gardai

Gatling wrote: »
    Has there been any trouble at the the previous major marches or are we missing something involving the Gardai

The thuggish element of AGS has been to the fore over the last couple of years.
    That's well documented, although will be denied by the usual suspects here.
    The best example of this would be the at the protest outside Dublin castle when a thug grabbed a young woman and threw her against a concrete bollard.
    It's on YouTube if you'd like to see it.

The thuggish element of AGS has been to the fore over the last couple of years.
    That's well documented, although will be denied by the usual suspects here.
    The best example of this would be the at the protest outside Dublin castle when a thug grabbed a young woman and threw her against a concrete bollard.
    It's on YouTube if you'd like to see it.

So that would be a No then

His argument is the equivalent of "Have you ever noticed how it's always sick people in hospitals?"

Just as I predicted. :)

His argument is the equivalent of "Have you ever noticed how it's always sick people in hospitals?"

While yours is 'there's no bad coppers in AGS'.:rolleyes:
    Rank closing is a feature of AGS, hence the disgusting treatment of whistleblowers in that force.

While yours is 'there's no bad coppers in AGS'.:rolleyes:
    Rank closing is a feature of AGS, hence the disgusting treatment of whistleblowers in that force.

But wait isn't this the justice for the jobstown 22.5 or something thread

• Advertisement

While yours is 'there's no bad coppers in AGS'.:rolleyes

Sometimes I wonder if you're reading the same thread as everyone else. Could you point to the post where anyone stated 'there are no bad coppers'?

Advertisement