Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobstown water protesters to be charged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Graham wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if you're reading the same thread as everyone else. Could you point to the post where anyone stated 'there are no bad coppers'?

Apparently it was predicted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 sobeitamen

NorthStars wrote: »
    The thuggish element of AGS has been to the fore over the last couple of years.
    That's well documented, although will be denied by the usual suspects here.
    The best example of this would be the at the protest outside Dublin castle when a thug grabbed a young woman and threw her against a concrete bollard.
    It's on YouTube if you'd like to see it.

That woman has been on news etc time after time denying that that happened. That she was not harmed etc. That in fact a garda prevented her from hitting anything. Oh and by the way she had climbed the car bonnet twice after being told to stop by the gardai. In any other country she would have been at the least tasered. There was no way they could know she was not carrying a gun etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

sobeitamen wrote: »
    That woman has been on news etc time after time denying that that happened. That she was not harmed etc. That in fact a garda prevented her from hitting anything. Oh and by the way she had climbed the car bonnet twice after being told to stop by the gardai. In any other country she would have been at the least tasered. There was no way they could know she was not carrying a gun etc

+1

That opinion has been generally accepted everywhere apart from by the minority that think there's some kind of constitutional right to charge through security cordons at elected representatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Just want to put the whole Gardai brutality thing to bed on this thread,

Police beating protestors
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=police+beating+protesters&biw=1440&bih=828&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMI_qWCnqvTxwIVZxHbCh2TLA1F&dpr=1

Irish police beating protestors
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=irish+police+beat+protesters&biw=1440&bih=828&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI8bmh1avTxwIVhGnbCh1LNwbM#tbm=isch&q=Irish+police+beating+protesters

there are very few instances where Gardai even draw their short batons(Do the lads feel inadequate?) when compared to other countries where similar protests are met with riot police with metre long batons, tear gas, water cannons as well as numerous dogs and horses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

foggy_lad wrote: »

https://www.google.ie/search?q=police+beating+protesters&biw=1440&bih=828&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMI_qWCnqvTxwIVZxHbCh2TLA1F&dpr=1

https://www.google.ie/search?q=irish+police+beat+protesters&biw=1440&bih=828&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI8bmh1avTxwIVhGnbCh1LNwbM#tbm=isch&q=Irish+police+beating+protesters

there are very few instances where Gardai even draw their short batons(Do the lads feel inadequate?) when compared to other countries where similar protests are met with riot police with metre long batons, tear gas, water cannons as well as numerous dogs and horses.

easy now foggylad

don't want those nasty police monsters looking at you with brutality or abusing protesters rights to attack and obstruct democracy.

next thing you know they will be out enforcing the law , like some sort of law enforcement organisation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

The thuggish element of AGS has been to the fore over the last couple of years.
    That's well documented, although will be denied by the usual suspects here.
    The best example of this would be the at the protest outside Dublin castle when a thug grabbed a young woman and threw her against a concrete bollard.
    It's on YouTube if you'd like to see it.

Firstly, it wasn't outside Dublin Castle.

Secondly, the treatment she got was mild compared to what similar protestors would get in other countries. Someone trying to get in from of the US President's car would be summarily shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

The Dail doesn't sit on a Saturday so she was not trying to get there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I see the "Garda did nothing so the protest was peaceful" brigade are against trying to shift the posts to "if the Gardai ever so much as put a hand on someone's shoulder, we'll be there to scream brutality."

It's very clear what they are trying to do there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

foggy_lad wrote: »

I said there is a thuggish element in AGS.
    There is.
    I never mentioned police brutality, I mentioned a copper firing a young woman into a bollard, which he did....on video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Hold on people are saying there isn't thugs in the gardai ? Seriously like?

• Advertisement

Hold on people are saying there isn't thugs in the gardai ? Seriously like?

hold on people are saying that there isn't a criminal element who intend to cause trouble by attacking the gardai at every opportunity attached to the water protest movement ? Seriously like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Godge wrote: »
    Firstly, it wasn't outside Dublin Castle.

Secondly, the treatment she got was mild compared to what similar protestors would get in other countries. Someone trying to get in from of the US President's car would be summarily shot.

Why would we want Garda shooting protestors ? Is JB head of state/Government ?

Billy86 wrote: »
    I see the "Garda did nothing so the protest was peaceful" brigade are against trying to shift the posts to "if the Gardai ever so much as put a hand on someone's shoulder, we'll be there to scream brutality."

It's very clear what they are trying to do there.

And that is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I said there is a thuggish element in AGS.
    There is.
    I never mentioned police brutality, I mentioned a copper firing a young woman into a bollard, which he did....on video.

Was it a gun or a cannon. She was stopped from trying to crash through a barrier and bounced off by accident brutality I think now

She was stopped from trying to crash through a barrier and bounced off by accident brutality I think now

That is a pure unadulterated lie.

Two thugs threw her into a bollard.
    Watch here...with your eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PKF93HZv0

Why would we want Garda shooting protestors ? Is JB head of state/Government ?

It was kenny in the car and it was outside the mansion house, my mistake.

There are posters on this site who believe protesters should be baton charged, I've seen them call for it.
    Can't quote it though as I can't access the main IW thread.

It was kenny in the car and it was outside the mansion house, my mistake.

There are posters on this site who believe protesters should be baton charged, I've seen them call for it.
    Can't quote it though as I can't access the main IW thread.

Ah right gotcha that protester.

A thug threw her into a bollard.

except the only one who touched a bollard was the garda. the only one who was injured was the garda , the reason for the whole incident was the woman breaking through cordons and throwing herself in front of a moving car

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/the-tall-guard-in-black-saved-my-life-he-hit-his-knee-instead-of-my-head-30753426.html

so still a lie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

A thug threw her into a bollard.

Watched it 3 times the lady tried to climb up on a moving car was pulled of and fell against the pole it was not that hard. My Nieces and Nephews have fallen harder than that and caused less fuss. Of course its all about the police and not the lady trying to stand in front of a car. She(the protester) is far from blameless and can't cry poor me.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    except the only one who touched a bollard was the garda. the only one who was injured was the garda , the reason for the whole incident was the woman breaking through cordons and throwing herself in front of a moving car

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/the-tall-guard-in-black-saved-my-life-he-hit-his-knee-instead-of-my-head-30753426.html

so still a lie ?

Ah right.
    So, just the two thugs who threw her and one who stopped her head from being cracked open.
    You did read the article, yes?

• Advertisement

Watched it 3 times the lady tried to climb up on a moving car was pulled of and fell against the pole it was not that hard. My Nieces and Nephews have fallen harder than that and caused less fuss. Of course its all about the police and not the lady trying to stand in front of a car. She(the protester) is far from blameless and can't cry poor me.

Should the Armoured car just run people over ?

Watched it 3 times the lady tried to climb up on a moving car was pulled of and fell against the pole it was not that hard.

ROTFL.:D

Should the Armoured car just run people over ?

You'd wonder, if that's the case, why burton didn't just drive away from Jobstown instead of pulling her little stunt.

Ah right.
    So, just the two thugs who threw her and one who stopped her head from being cracked open.
    You did read the article, yes?

that wasnt a article more an interview no ?
    who broke through a security cordon ?
    who jumped infront of a moving car ?
    what action should police have taken in you opinion ?

and with such a view on facts its a wonder that you are banned from the IW thread eh northstar?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

ROTFL.:D

Try pulling the same stunt in America Germany, France, China, Israel or Spain to name but a very small number of countries where the police would react very differently to the same situation and then come back and tell us the gardai used excessive force

One also has to admire the young woman in question.
    She could have asked for charges to be pressed against the two thugs for excessive use of force.
    She didn't though, she got on with her life and didn't waste police time.

Burton should take note.

You'd wonder, if that's the case, why burton didn't just drive away from Jobstown instead of pulling her little stunt.

Perhaps they forgot that car was an Armoured one :P I wager it was. Judging by the heavy doors.

mynamejeff wrote: »

and with such a view on facts its a wonder that you are banned from the IW thread eh northstar?

Yes Jeffery, that's right.:rolleyes:
    I'll just leave this here to be seen.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Try pulling the same stunt in America Germany, France, China, Israel or Spain to name but a very small number of countries where the police would react very differently to the same situation and then come back and tell us the gardai used excessive force

Where do we live again ?

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »

Yea, grand.
    We live in Ireland though.

Advertisement