Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobstown water protesters to be charged

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

NorthStars wrote: »
    One also has to admire the young woman in question.
    She could have asked for charges to be pressed against the two thugs for excessive use of force.
    She didn't though, she got on with her life and didn't waste police time.

Burton should take note.

the whole incident was a waste of police time .

she wasted a doctors time by going to see one when there as nothing wrong with her.

she was prevented from doing something stupid and wanted to garner attention for that ?

pathetic

she should have been arrested and brought before the courts as she would have in any other country in the world . instead she bleats and sniffles for the cameras

again pathetic

and typical of the over entitled professional political protesters that our ridiculous country has been lumbered with.

Some of these people should go and try and live in the real world for a few years.

get a job , pay for what you eat and where you live instead of just take take take ,

A little bit of personal responsibility would go a long way in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

mynamejeff wrote: »
    the whole incident was a waste of police time .

she wasted a doctors time by going to see one when there as nothing wrong with her.

she was prevented from doing something stupid and wanted to garner attention for that ?

pathetic

she should have been arrested and brought before the courts as she would have in any other country in the world . instead she bleats and sniffles for the cameras

again pathetic

and typical of the over entitled professional political protesters that our ridiculous country has been lumbered with.

Some of these people should go and try and live in the real world for a few years.

get a job , pay for what you eat and where you live instead of just take take take ,

A little bit of personal responsibility would go a long way in this country

LOL, 'professional protesters', 'real world' 'get a job', 'pay for what you eat and where you live'....

Stereotypical bullsh1t, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

One also has to admire the young woman in question.
    She could have asked for charges to be pressed against the two thugs for excessive use of force.
    She didn't though, she got on with her life and didn't waste police time.

take note.

Take note indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭NorthStars

Ciao.
    'Till next time.

LOL, 'professional protesters', 'real world' 'get a job', 'pay for what you eat and where you live'....

Stereotypical bullsh1t, as usual.

only if you hear it a lot i guess.

but then again if you keep hearing the same thing again and again isn't it logical to eventually think ," hey might be this makes sense"

same goes to the IW argument no ?

the point of discussion is to listen to other persons point of view and asses the relevance to your own point of view, or disregard as immaterial.

otherwise your just shouting in the wind ....

but then that makes some people feel better i guess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

only if you hear it a lot i guess.

but then again if you keep hearing the same thing again and again isn't it logical to eventually think ," hey might be this makes sense"

same goes to the IW argument no ?

the point of discussion is to listen to other persons point of view and asses the relevance to your own point of view, or disregard as immaterial.

otherwise your just shouting in the wind ....

but then that makes some people feel better i guess

Problem is with IW conversations and stuff to do with it, inevitably those in support of it start referring to people on the dole scumbags the usual. Trying to paint anyone that is not for IW in a bad light. We all know there are some professional types and ner do wells, But the vast vast majority are normal people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

VinLieger wrote: »
    Try pulling the same stunt in America Germany, France, China, Israel or Spain to name but a very small number of countries where the police would react very differently to the same situation and then come back and tell us the gardai used excessive force

You can only use comparisons with other countries when you are downplaying protester violence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 sobeitamen

Godge wrote: »
    Firstly, it wasn't outside Dublin Castle.

Secondly, the treatment she got was mild compared to what similar protestors would get in other countries. Someone trying to get in from of the US President's car would be summarily shot.

I hesitated to say that but yes indeed. Time folk here realised what the world is.

You can only use comparisons with other countries when you are downplaying protester violence.

Yes, because saying this protest was violent is farcical and needs links to protests in other countries to show that. Wanting Garda to beat the sh*t out of people cos they do it other places not so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 sobeitamen

I said there is a thuggish element in AGS.
    There is.
    I never mentioned police brutality, I mentioned a copper firing a young woman into a bollard, which he did....on video.

firing? AND NO HE DID NOT! You need to look very very carefully at that video and at what the person herself said time and again ah but why should you talk sense!!!!

• Advertisement

Problem is with IW conversations and stuff to do with it, inevitably those in support of it start referring to people on the dole scumbags the usual. Trying to paint anyone that is not for IW in a bad light. We all know there are some professional types and ner do wells, But the vast vast majority are normal people.

unfortunately for the protest movement its the scumbags and professional ner do wells that shout the loudest and attract the cameras.

it does the protest movement no favors and many ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yes, because saying this protest was violent is farcical and needs links to protests in other countries to show that. Wanting Garda to beat the sh*t out of people cos they do it other places not so much.
    Nobody said anything about wanting gardai to beat people, simply to understand we have a very reserved police force so the constant claims of heavy handedness are ridiculous when put into a global perspective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

unfortunately for the protest movement its the scumbags and professional ner do wells that shout the loudest and attract the cameras.

it does the protest movement no favors and many ill.

Then why is the movement growing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

100,000+ was claimed at protests this time last year no?

100,000 -> 80,000 = growing?

Also everyday more people are paying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

VinLieger wrote: »
    100,000+ was claimed at protests this time last year no?

100,000 -> 80,000 = growing?

Also everyday more people are paying it

The first protest had 35k people at it. Saturdays had 100k plus. I know it's hard to take but there you go, the movement is growing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

In the topsy turvy world of our fine country, I notice today that a Govt TD has been arrested by appointment over an alleged incident, which involved a member of the public being assaulted with a broken glass in a bar room brawl.

When you compare the scenarios between that, and and a dawn raid with a half a dozen gardai, on an opposition TD, for blocking a ministers car, its baffling.

Truly baffling.

That's the trouble with preaching from a high horse, something can always come along and topple you off it.

In the topsy turvy world of our fine country, I notice today that a Govt TD has been arrested by appointment over an alleged incident, which involved a member of the public being assaulted with a broken glass in a bar room brawl.

When you compare the scenarios between that, and and a dawn raid with a half a dozen gardai, on an opposition TD, for blocking a ministers car, its baffling.

Truly baffling.

That's the trouble with preaching from a high horse, something can always come along and topple you off it.

Oh look at the party...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Truly baffling.

If you are 'baffled' by that then I fear for your sanity, my friend.

Could I respectfully suggest that you wait for any proceedings to take their course before jumping to any conclusions.

If you are 'baffled' by that then I fear for your sanity, my friend.

Could I respectfully suggest that you wait for any proceedings to take their course before jumping to any conclusions.

Oh Oh is that "Innocent until proven Guilty" Cries oh the Irony.

[/B]

Oh Oh is that "Innocent until proven Guilty" Cries oh the Irony.

Don't see anything ironic about my post, perhaps you could explain where your reply refers to me?

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Well because its not.

Im afraid the truth and simple fact is that Numbers are falling off at the mass protests. Many people are not paying because they are waiting to see what happens in the long run.

Hate to brake this to you but this isn't the crusade you were hoping for

Many of the people I know who were involved in the movement at the start distanced them self when they realized what some of their fellow protesters are.

Well because its not.

Im afraid the truth and simple fact is that Numbers are falling off at the mass protests. Many people are not paying because they are waiting to see what happens in the long run.

Hate to brake this to you but this isn't the crusade you were hoping for

Many of the people I know who were involved in the movement at the start distanced them self when they realized what some of their fellow protesters are.

Yes and continued not to pay the bill that's all that matters

Yes and continued not to pay the bill that's all that matters

theres a big difference between waiting to see what happens before you decide to pay a water bill or not and throwing rocks at patrol cars in tallaght ( or was that Photoshop)

someone said there was 100 000 plus at the protest on satuarday ?
    well thats just not true, at the very very most there was just under 80 000 people

theres a big difference between waiting to see what happens before you decide to pay a water bill or not and throwing rocks at patrol cars in tallaght ( or was that Photoshop)

someone said there was 100 000 plus at the protest on satuarday ?
    well thats just not true, at the very very most there was just under 80 000 people

This should be good, What water protester threw a rock at a Grada car ?

Nobody threw a rock at a Grada car.

Exactly. We all know what's being insinuated but it's incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

II have not seen the brick throwing bit myself, but it's undeniable that there were people smacking the car with their fists and with signs.

Billy86 wrote: »
    II have not seen the brick throwing bit myself, but it's undeniable that there were people smacking the car with their fists and with signs.

Oh know signs.... How would the probably armoured car cope. And the brick had zero to do with what was going on did not even happen when JB was in the area.

I think that went over ones head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Oh know signs.... How would the probably armoured car cope. And the brick had zero to do with what was going on did not even happen when JB was in the area.
    So there was a brick? Like I said, I never even saw that part.

Why did you not mention the fists in your reply? I take it you're perfectly aware that's full unacceptable behavior for a group of people to do?

Advertisement