Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobstown water protesters to be charged

Options
1394041424345»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

123balltv wrote: »
    Grow a pair Joan :mad:

You must be confused, it's the DPP that's prosecuting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

Who is actually bringing this case? Is it Joan? If so, why is she not required in court to give her side of the story? Who is actually bringing this case???

Who is actually bringing this case? Is it Joan? If so, why is she not required in court to give her side of the story? Who is actually bringing this case???

The DPP

"False imprisonment". Lol. She got 2 hours.
    I've been "falsely imprisoned" on the M50 for longer.

You could have got out of your car and walked so it wouldn't meet the legal definition:
    15.—(1) A person shall be guilty of the offence of false imprisonment who intentionally or recklessly—

(a) takes or detains, or

(b) causes to be taken or detained, or

(c) otherwise restricts the personal liberty of,

another without that other's consent.

Graham wrote: »
    The DPP

Jasus. I thought the DPP had better things to do with their time. Did Joanie make a complaint? Or did the DPP suddenly decide to just go on a run? It'd make a change if the DPP did - usually they run a mile from being any way pro-active. A crap change, but change none the less.

Also, feck off did the DPP decide to take this on. I can hear her shrill, grating tones now - "Howw daaaaree theey hooold me prisoner in myyyy own corrrr."

• Advertisement

Jasus. I thought the DPP had better things to do with their time. Did Joanie make a complaint? Or did the DPP suddenly decide to just go on a run? It'd make a change if the DPP did - usually they run a mile from being any way pro-active. A crap change, but change none the less.

Also, feck off did the DPP decide to take this on. I can hear her shrill, grating tones now - "Howw daaaaree theey hooold me prisoner in myyyy own corrrr."

Personally I'm quite glad there are laws to prevent random mobs acting however they choose.

Personally I'm quite glad there are laws to prevent random mobs acting however they choose.

Then charge them for being a random mob. "False imprisonment"? Feck off.

"False imprisonment"? Feck off.

Now a court get to decide whether it was false imprisonment.

Now a court get to decide whether it was false imprisonment.

Another bastion of common sense and independence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Delighted this case is being brought. Whatever small glimmer of hope Labour had of getting votes in the working class communities up and down the country are now firmly gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

How do you explain the banking crisis then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

That was the other shower.

Anyway a jury most likely will now get to make the final decision and having been on one I don't think they would be happy to give somebody a criminal record that could cost them their jobs impede travel or see them jailed for a sit down protest where JB didn't seam to be to worried at the time.Getting splashed by some water isn't the crime of the century. Any violence was by teenagers who will be dealt with by the juvenile court.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Ah this old chestnut.

Just because bankers/builders/government members (some of them, not all I'm sure) were greedy and broke countless laws and would appear to have gotten away with does not give the rest of us Carte Blanche to start acting like violent mindless thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Delighted this case is being brought. Whatever small glimmer of hope Labour had of getting votes in the working class communities up and down the country are now firmly gone.

Why is that Walker?

Could you expand a bit on that 'theory'.

Labour have done very well in my opinion...where it matters= jobs.

Those who believed that they could just jack up the handouts willy nilly were in cloud cuckoo land who expect others to fund their lack of effort.

Discerning electors will understand that and a court case involving some idiots who rioted and used the occasion to break the law won't affect things overmuch.

Nah lad.

Advertisement