Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Country fixtures 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

one short, steep uphill and one shorter downhill, most of it is very flat
    Only one muddy section at the moment, might be a different story by the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Probably not the best place to ask this but can any help me with this. According to the rules an athlete must be 18 years or over on the day to run a county senior championship. In our county champs the boys junior race (5k) is being run at the same time as the mens senior race (10k). Can a runner who has recently turned 18 run the senior race, and more importantly, can he count on a senior team? The athlete would be declaring as a senior runner on the day as opposed to a junior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

pconn062 wrote: »
    Probably not the best place to ask this but can any help me with this. According to the rules an athlete must be 18 years or over on the day to run a county senior championship. In our county champs the boys junior race (5k) is being run at the same time as the mens senior race (10k). Can a runner who has recently turned 18 run the senior race, and more importantly, can he count on a senior team? The athlete would be declaring as a senior runner on the day as opposed to a junior.

I would imagine if it's like Dublin teams have to be submitted in advance? If that is the case I can't see there being any issue as long as it is verified to prevent confusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I would imagine if it's like Dublin teams have to be submitted in advance? If that is the case I can't see there being any issue as long as it is verified to prevent confusion?

Thanks for that. Yes, the teams will be registered beforehand. I just thought I heard something about an 18 year old athlete not being able to count on a senior team if there is a junior race the same day. But obviously if he declares as senior in advance and is the right age, there is no reason he can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pooss_pooss

Hi everyone, I am running in Tymon this Sunday in the Dub XC championship. Is it really a 10km? I saw some times from last year and they ranged from 28' to 36' !!! They are fast times for a 10km XC.

• Advertisement

Hi everyone, I am running in Tymon this Sunday in the Dub XC championship. Is it really a 10km? I saw some times from last year and they ranged from 28' to 36' !!! They are fast times for a 10km XC.

Distances last year look well short to be honest. I reckon roughly 2-3 min can be added to peoples times to give you an idea of the standard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Distances last year look well short to be honest. I reckon roughly 2-3 min can be added to peoples times to give you an idea of the standard

Yea for sure, it was well short.

I was running at about 6 minute pace and I think my time was 34 or something. I'd say you could add on 2-3 minutes, yea what Myles said :D.

It is a very high standard. I went out for the first half a mile at 5 minute pace and I was still pretty much last. I was also lapped :eek:. Not a great day at the office.

Why am I going back again this year :confused::)

Just checked my Garmin and it had 5.7 miles so about half a mile short all told. Hopefully they do something similar this weekend. I'm not too confident in Brother's Pearse's counting ability anyway. Could swing either way ;)

Just checked my Garmin and it had 5.7 miles so about half a mile short all told. Hopefully they do something similar this weekend. I'm not too confident in Brother's Pearse's counting ability anyway. Could swing either way ;)

Might be short for you guys but you can be sure us Tallaght athletes will be given an extra lap just to be sure ;)

won't be any 28 minute finishes this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

Does anyone know if there is a date set for the Dublin Intermediate Cross Country yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Ceekay wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a date set for the Dublin Intermediate Cross Country yet?

29th November, in Tymon Park again, I think. I'm sure Myles or Raycun could confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ceekay

29th November, in Tymon Park again, I think. I'm sure Myles or Raycun could confirm

Thank you KielyUnusual!

yeah, 29th, usual course, women at 2, men at 2.20

reminder to everyone that tomorrow's senior XC is not on the Intermediate course, it is at the other end of Tymon Park.
    Maps are here
    http://www.dublinathletics.com/attachments/article/398/Dublin%20Juvenile%20Uneven%20Age,%20Junior%20and%20Senior%20Championships%202015.pdf

We'll have a couple of signs up at the other end, but save yourself a walk and go to the right place!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Looks like Dublin Masters XC will be 3 Jan, not the 10th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I saw that. Boo! I will still be full of Xmas food! And that means I probably shouldn't do the 5k on New Year's Day!
    Also, I presume the TBC refers to the venue at this stage, not the date?

Murph_D wrote: »
    Looks like Dublin Masters XC will be 3 Jan, not the 10th.

I think its due to the clash with the National Short course championships in ALSAA

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I saw that. Boo! I will still be full of Xmas food! And that means I probably shouldn't do the 5k on New Year's Day!
    Also, I presume the TBC refers to the venue at this stage, not the date?

pretty sure the venue will still be St Annes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

It's been scheduled for the 3rd since August (check post #3!).

I presume the venue will be St. Anne's, as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Sacksian wrote: »
    It's been scheduled for the 3rd since August (check post #3!).

I presume the venue will be St. Anne's, as usual.

I know, I saw it on the AAI page, but just last Sunday some of my clubmates were saying they'd heard it was going back to 10th. Obviously just wishful thinking! Oh well, at least St Anne's is nice and handy for me :).

• Advertisement

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I know, I saw it on the AAI page, but just last Sunday some of my clubmates were saying they'd heard it was going back to 10th. Obviously just wishful thinking! Oh well, at least St Anne's is nice and handy for me :).

I got a fixture list only a few weeks ago that said the 10th, but with the short course on that weekend they're bound to have it earlier

The short course is on the 9th so, maybe, they are willing to take the hit on potential cross-over and run both the same weekend after all??

It's really only the top 10 masters that might be relevant to club teams / scoring on the short course championships and there's huge numbers in the Dublin masters anyway.

I'm committed (mentally) to doing the short course champs, as a lead-in to any potential indoor racing I get to do.

The short course is on the 9th so, maybe, they are willing to take the hit on potential cross-over and run both the same weekend after all??

It's really only the top 10 masters that might be relevant to club teams / scoring on the short course championships and there's huge numbers in the Dublin masters anyway.

I'm committed (mentally) to doing the short course champs, as a lead-in to any potential indoor racing I get to do.

Hadn't planned on doing it myself and wrapping up XC come the 29th but I might try and entice a few of the MD guys to get a team out hopefully for the sake of getting more club teams to national competitions.

Hadn't planned on doing it myself and wrapping up XC come the 29th but I might try and entice a few of the MD guys to get a team out hopefully for the sake of getting more club teams to national competitions.

Do!

It'd be great to see a mass field out there - it's not going to be a very testing course and maybe the bigger the numbers are, the more fun it'll be for the younger guys. First round of the indoor league is on the 16th, so it's not bad timing for any 800/1500 guys.

Do!

It'd be great to see a mass field out there - it's not going to be a very testing course and maybe the bigger the numbers are, the more fun it'll be for the younger guys. First round of the indoor league is on the 16th, so it's not bad timing for any 800/1500 guys.

Try to rope guys in for the masters the week before and then see who is left though could make a team just about from the remaining seniors I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Our club is a bit short of M50s so there was a bit of excitement tonight when we discovered one of the lads had a significant birthday recently and we can field a team after all. :)

just got Masters XC notice - January 10th

RayCun wrote: »
    just got Masters XC notice - January 10th

I had been thinking about doing it if it was on the 3rd but I think that's probably the right decision overall.

There shouldn't be much crossover, if any, in fields with the Short Course champs and having it on the 3rd would probably have more of an impact on the size of the field.

• Advertisement

@raycun - do you know if the proposed National Cross Country Club League kicks in for 2016 competitions? Short course, Masters and Inters all coming up soon.

Advertisement