Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Ice Cream?

Options
  • 13-08-2015 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Heyo....since its summer.....well supposed to be summer...

Anyone have any cool recipes for vegan ice cream? or recommend one to buy?

The only one I've found is Swedish Glace.....which is delish, apart from that making some using coconut milk and frozen bananas is awesome, I sometimes combine it with protein powders.

I've only found the Vanilla and raspberry flavours of SG for sale in ireland.

fayrefieldcn-7410657-jpg.5395

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I've seen the chocolate and a blueberry one in The Health Store before.

Other options include Booja Booja, Almond Dream, one of the Nobó ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I thought all the nobo ones had honey in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I seem to recall seeing Tofutti somewhere in Dublin a while ago... maybe Fallon & Byrne?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Zombienosh wrote: »
    I thought all the nobo ones had honey in them?

The salted caramel one doesn't, had some yesterday. Very nice.
    Booja-booja is like 10e, makes it easy to pass up but must try it some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

I stick to the frozen banana one. You can add any frozen berry that you want and it is so simple to make at a moments notice. My favorite is adding a few nuts, some vanilla and raw chocolate powder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

The salted caramel one doesn't, had some yesterday. Very nice.
    Booja-booja is like 10e, makes it easy to pass up but must try it some time.

All the vegan ice creams here are a joke, especially the nobo one. Such a waste of money and not nice. If you get to the states you'll find http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com it's proper vegan ice cream, on a par with non vegan ice cream. Cookie dough one is particularly good.

But here, the best thing you can do is make your own banana ice cream, mix in some peanut butter and its really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Got the best one I've had yet today, Booja booja, in Fallon & Byrne :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Make your own!!!
    Google "nice cream" (frozen banana based, you can add fruit, cacao or pretty much anything you like as a topping)
    My favourite right now is 1 mango, 1 avocado, can of coconut milk, sweetener to taste (I use honey but date syrup works well) and a dash of milk to desired consistency.
    Amazingly delicious!!!

Advertisement