Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely late Mature applicant

Options
  • 13-08-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all, basically I'm turning 25 in January and have been working part time this year with the hope of becoming full time. However that plan seems less and less likely in my current job due to them cutting back sadly.

I was wondering if anywhere is worth a shot in terms of applying to them as a mature student, I'm guessing I've missed the latest of deadlines by months now.

I have really wanted to get into the IT side of things in particular and don't want to waste another year doing something I hate, any advice?

- A stressed out MrCorsair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MrCorsair

Also I'm aware of community colleges that may be taking people on still which I'm certainly looking into, however if I could secure a mature student place in a bigger college that would be more ideal. I've a level 5 FETAC in 3D Modelling, and would be hoping to start from a level 6 in terms of this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

MrCorsair wrote: »
    Hi all, basically I'm turning 25 in January and have been working part time this year with the hope of becoming full time. However that plan seems less and less likely in my current job due to them cutting back sadly.

I was wondering if anywhere is worth a shot in terms of applying to them as a mature student, I'm guessing I've missed the latest of deadlines by months now.

I have really wanted to get into the IT side of things in particular and don't want to waste another year doing something I hate, any advice?

I think unfortunely your going to have to wait until next year springboard offer a lot of IT courses

• Registered Users Posts: 40 beatriss

MrCorsair wrote: »

Hi MrCorsair, I think you can still apply through CAO available places, there are a list of courses on CAO website so might be worth checking and rechecking as they are updated everyday.

https://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutVPL

Hope you get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

I'm pretty sure you'd have to contact university departments yourself and ask them. The CAO won't be much help at this point.

It's possible there may be some courses which aren't full; and they may be willing to take a late mature applicant.

Edit: Whoops, I was wrong about the CAO! Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MrCorsair

Thanks everyone, I'll be flat out ringing them tomorrow and get somewhere closer to my goal with any luck :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement