Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey Cost

Options
  • 13-08-2015 1:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question.
    What ballpark figure would you expect to pay for a survey and report for standard 3 bed semi. Not expected to be any issues with it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

350-500 is what I've seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Quick question.
    What ballpark figure would you expect to pay for a survey and report for standard 3 bed semi. Not expected to be any issues with it.

Cheers

450 - 650 inclusive of VAT.

Book ahead, particularly if it's in Dublin, as August has long waiting times

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Citroen2cv

I paid 400 for a survey, 3-bed semi recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

I paid €450 + VAt (€553.50) for 4 bed semi. Seemed about average in my area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Cool. Thanks guys. That is around about the quote I got. Cheers all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Wow, costs really have gone up. 2 yrs since we bought a house (3 bed house). Survey cost us 300 euro for a very comprehensive report.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Early_Bird

We paid e315 all inclusive just a couple of months ago for a survey of a 3 bed, 130sqm in south dublin, and they did an excellent job and gave us a really detailed report, covered absolutely everything we could have possibly expected... I'm not sure where the €400+ quotes are coming from - our one was only the second quote we got and we went for it as we needed the survey done quickly, otherwise we may have even shopped around a bit more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

The €400 + quotes are coming from other peoples personal experience of what it cost them. The cheapest I found was €395 + VAT. Different areas, differnet prices. I am not in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Early_Bird

meme74 wrote: »
    The €400 + quotes are coming from other peoples personal experience of what it cost them. The cheapest I found was €395 + VAT. Different areas, differnet prices. I am not in Dublin.

Well clearly it's personal experience and 400ish euro is the sort of ballpark I found when doing my research, turned out to be way off.
    Im just saying - shop around and you'll find a good price, certainly sub-€400 is very doable for a 3bed.
    I was pretty certain south Dublin survey prices would be at the higher end of the scale when I started looking though, so you never know!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 connacht_man

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Quick question.

Cheers

cost me 300 in 2012 , the guy overlooked glaring issues which a blind man would have seen , id make sure they had references , most of them seem to think its a case of facilitating a sale , solicitors insist on them as it provides them with extra cover

• Advertisement
Advertisement