Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic flooring

Options
  • 13-08-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

I was looking to get my attic floored with chipboard/ plywood - husband couldn't be bothered doing it but unsure how much this would cost. It's a standard 3 bed.

There might be a small bit of wiring and a small plastering job around the attic entrance.

Does anyone have any idea what pruace range I would be looking at? In Dublin

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Depends on access, the area and how you will try the air ventilation to the existing timber/insulation.

€1000 at a guess.

*could be anything really as we done know the size and extent of the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Top-of-the-head figures based on the fact that I did my own attic last weekend is that for the flooring you're looking at around €20 per sq.m.

That's a cheap flooring, not designed for loads, just designed to make it easy to store stuff up in the attic. And assuming you don't really have to move anything around. A proper floor for using the attic as an office or otherwise as an extra room is a whole other kettle of fish.

Not sure about the wiring or plastering, really depends on what needs to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Thanks all, appreciate the replies. I think we underestimated it. Will get proper measurements

Advertisement