Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Until Dawn PS4 Sony

Options
  • 13-08-2015 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

Out on 28th August, anyone else thinking this could be good? Will wait for reviews but would love a good horror game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

From early impressions in some early reviews (sites I've never heard of) this is getting some pretty good scores.

The embargo is up at 4 so we should have a much better idea. If the reviews are good I think I might pick this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

From NeoGAF:

IGN - 7.5
    GameSpot - 8
    Polygon - 6.5
    Jim Sterling - 9.5
    Kotaku - YES
    TheSixthAxis - 8
    Destructoid - 7
    GameRant - 4/5
    VideoGamer - 8
    OnlySP - 9.2
    Press Start - 8
    GameCloud - 9
    Cybershack - 4/5
    PlayStation LifeStyle - 7.5
    GameReactor - 8
    GamesRadar - 3.5/5
    Metro - 6
    Push Square - 8
    USGamer - 3.5/5

It seems to be around the 8 mark, with Polygon and Metro being the usual outliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

http://www.gamesradar.com/until-dawn-review/

Sounds like it's right up my street but can't justify 60 quid on it. Sounds like the perfect Xtravision rental for a tenner though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Looks good, nice voice cast to. (Mr Robot and John Abruzzi!)

Yup I'm going to pick this up on the US store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Looks like a laugh, will give it a shot. There is a companion app available too. Not sure what it does while you play yet:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playstation.untildawn&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Got it off the US store. Had a quick go before work this morning. Only got through the first 30 mins but I can tell I'm going to have some craic with this later.

Couldn't wait till Friday to get it, had to make sure I get it finished before metal gear!

I am the exact same, needs to be complete before MGS.

It's reasons like this that I enjoy games that don't overstay their welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Going to wait until Friday and give this a proper bash at weekend; feedback seems mostly positive thus far

Well I've started off pretty badly! :)
    Two dead already
    just from the tutorial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 LittleBoss

Looks excellent and I'm really looking forward to playing it, but apparently it's not worth the full price.
    Even with the whole butterfly effect (choices/consequences) stuff, it won't interest most people enough for them to play it again. I hear it's only 7 - 10 hours long also.

Got a few hours in. I'm loving it so far. Acting, graphics and atmosphere is fantastic. Your constantly on edge so the split second decisions turn you into a mess.

I'd say I'd find replay value by playing the game completely recklessly on a second run.

Nice 7-10 hour game is perfectly fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I wont get time now to play this until the day I return from Electric Picnic.
    I'm gonna be so un-hinged playing this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just watched a streamer I sometimes view play this for about 40 mins. Could literally be played as a DVD game.

So guys from what you've seen is this worth the 60 bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

So guys from what you've seen is this worth the 60 bucks
    I generally think that's a very personal decision.
    Even more so when it comes to more narrative heavy adventure & choice games.

From what I've heard the level of effect / variation based on your decisions are better than most, but it's not exactly emotionally affecting like TWD or the kind of trust games of Wolf Among Us.

It is a schloky teen horror slasher flick through and through.

I haven't played it today but I really enjoyed what I played yesterday. As Zeouterlimits said, it's more so your own personal opinion. Length has never been an issue with games for me so I'll actually be pretty content if this is a short fun experience instead of dragging out an extra 5-10 hours of padding.

It's really good so far anyway. I'm about 2-3 hours in. I'm just about to start the 5th chapter I believe.

The totems you pick up which basically show you premonitions of your possible future are really cool.

Will pick this up tomorrow after work; looking forward to it

• Advertisement

This is available for €58 in Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

This is available for €58 in Argos

€58.99 ;)

€74.99 in GameStop
    €69.99 in Xtra Vision

Fair play to Argos for always having every new release for cheaper.

GameStop are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

mdwexford wrote: »
    €58.99 ;)

€74.99 in GameStop
    €69.99 in Xtra Vision

Fair play to Argos for always having every new release for cheaper.

GameStop are a disgrace.

€60 on PSN btw.

Finished it last night. Money well spent imo. Took 8-9 hours but then this is a game with no restarts or continues etc.

Made some stupid decisions under pressure which cost a few lives and when I think back, they were all classic horror movie mistakes!

There is definitely replay value in this. After metal gear is finished, I'll be having another go.

BTW, if you have a ps camera hooked up, it records you secretly during the jumpy parts in the game. Didn't try it myself, didn't want to look up anything about the game till I finished it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Had good fun with this, if you liked games like Heavy Rain then you will like this.

What ending did people get?
    Mike and Emily my 2 survivors, she was my least favourite character, should have shot her when I had the chance :D

I still have another few hours to go I think but I have had my first proper death so far.

It's in chapter 4 where you take over
    Chris and I had to choose between saving Josh or Ashley and I didn't see any other way to save both so I killed Josh. It looked like I could have done nothing but I couldn't take the chance.
    :(

Things aren't looking great for
    Matt, Emily or Jessica either though

Going to start Chapter 5 (maybe 6 actually) in a bit. Really am enjoying the game a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Got this in Argos this morning and they gave me a €5 voucher that lasts till the 22/09 :)

Slightly cheaper MGS5 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Got this in Argos this morning and they gave me a €5 voucher that lasts till the 22/09 :)

Slightly cheaper MGS5 for me!

just about to say the same god bless argos:)

Just completed it there. I'm not sure what genre this is exactly but I actually really really liked it. If you were to compare it to games like Heavy Rain, then this is easily a much better game.

In the end, only 3 people survived in my game.. well maybe 4 actually but 3 definitely. I did two extremely stupid things which got 3 people killed.

This is one of those games that I really think I'll go back to and replay to get other endings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    http://www.gamesradar.com/until-dawn-review/

Sounds like it's right up my street but can't justify 60 quid on it. Sounds like the perfect Xtravision rental for a tenner though.

You're right. How long would the tenner get the game for? A week?

Haven't rented a game in like 10 years..

Advertisement