Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Until Dawn PS4 Sony

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MarkY91 wrote: »
    You're right. How long would the tenner get the game for? A week?

Haven't rented a game in like 10 years..

I think it's 3 nights, haven't rented off them yet as 3 nights would get me nowhere, id say they would get a lot more rentals if it was even 5 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Playing this with the headphones on is not good for the nerves; enjoying it so far; only about and hour and a half in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think it's 3 nights, haven't rented off them yet as 3 nights would get me nowhere, id say they would get a lot more rentals if it was even 5 nights.

I'll pass then. I remember them doing week rentals at decent rates back years ago. Quick preowned buy next week and sell for a small loss it is then :cool:

I can't wait to play this game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've already gone back for more. The cool thing is you can go back and replay episodes to change what happened.

So now I've saved everyone... and I want to go back again and kill everyone! :P

• Advertisement

Couldn't help myself so I just went for the platinum and got it last night.

Highly recommend the game lads. Now might not be the best time for it with MGSV coming out but I imagine it'll be on sale around halloween and it's well worth a play though by yourself or with others. It's a fun experience either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Just finished it couldn't recommend it more. Fantastic story, brilliant acting and brilliant replay value.

P.S. Does anyone else think the Mike character looks a little bit like Nathan Drake :P

matty55 wrote: »
    Just finished it couldn't recommend it more. Fantastic story, brilliant acting and brilliant replay value.

P.S. Does anyone else think the Mike character looks a little bit like Nathan Drake :P

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

On chapter 7 at the moment myself and loving it. Atmospheric as all hell and looks amazing to boot.

Lost a couple of people already but I will probably have another couple of plays through at some stage to do things differently because I like the game that much. I haven't replayed a game since PS1 days :)

Odd to say that two of my favourite games so far this year, Until Dawn and Life is Strange, have been the ones with the least "gameplay". Maybe that's more of a condemnation of the industry as a whole than anything else :/

This game makes no sense at times.
    like when the cock guy is in s mine, his gf just died and the killer guy clearly got shot in the face by me or at least shot at. So he just decided to have a casual stroll back to his house..as you do after almost getting s bullet in the face and surely knowing you're being chased

I'm liking it otherwise haha.

• Advertisement

Finished my first playthrough; only 3 survived my game! Thoroughly enjoyed the game; excellent atmosphere and would recommend playing with headphones! Not sure I'll play through again; does just playing episodes make any difference or do your start all over?

Only 2 died in my playthrough. Big twists in the latter chapters!

Finished my first playthrough; only 3 survived my game! Thoroughly enjoyed the game; excellent atmosphere and would recommend playing with headphones! Not sure I'll play through again; does just playing episodes make any difference or do your start all over?

You can play episodes to make a difference but you have to continue from there onwards.

As in if you start chapter 6 then you need to complete 7-10 for the changes to take effect. You can't just play chapter 6 and then skip on to 10.

That said I really enjoyed replaying through the latter chapters and you can actually get through pretty quick.

So played through again yesterday and managed to save everyone, two playthroughs and really enjoyed both. Decided today to trade in and get some of my money back, got EUR31 in CEX having biught for EUR58.

Happy with that and really enjoyed the two weekends I spent playing, not bad for EUR 27 net spend! Would highlighy recommen to anyone interested, 8/10 for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finally got to play this. The story is standard teen slasher fair, the only scares are cheap jump scares and the whole butterfly effect thing is just to disguise the fact that all you are really playing is a visual novel. However the whole interactive choice elements really elevate the game to something a lot better than the sum of its parts. If it was a film it would be a decent but predictable slasher flick. The interactive elements make it a whole lot more engaging and it even makes a great party game, like watching a horror flick with mates but with arguments breaking out over the choices. It's ultimately Heavy Rain but not ****. While that game had delusions of pretension and failed massively on delivering a decent story, this has no delusions, it's a basic slash flick and it does it well. Even when the writing isn't so good it fits in with the whole B movie feel of the plot (and said moments might even be intentional). Needless to say it's a whole heap of fun and even better when experienced with a few mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Almost finished my first play through of this, lost 2 so far. The first was a button misclick, during the impromptu shooting scenes I'd taken to pressing L2 out of "zoom" habit and missed the R2 timing.
    Second one was a stupid decision, in hindsight I'd be warned about a situation like that happening but I ploughed ahead regardless. Literally as soon as I made the initial decision, I knew I'd messed up. They were both my preferred characters too!

Is anyone else under the impression there are not so subtle hints at what you should pick? When it comes to a decision where you see the characters face their eyes tend to repeatedly drift to one of the options? Maybe I'm overthinking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Finished it.
    3 survived in the end. 1 was the character I hated most!

1 dead from a mis-click
    1 from a silly choice
    1 from an incorrect choice
    1 from assuming they would do something while I made my choice (not sure why they didn't)

Going to go back and play from the Chapter where I mis-clicked.

I seem to have missed the "Left Behind" butterfly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Finally got around to watching Mr Robot... Taught the main character looked familiar until I checked imbd and it's Josh, unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Finished it last night. Only 3 survived in my play-through. When I lost Chris I was genuinely devastated!

Good game - sound effects, music and graphics were all top notch. Had all the hallmarks of a high budget horror flick. Not sure if I'd be arsed going back to replay any of the episodes though. 8/10.

Might just trade it in. I'm new to console gaming - anyone know where I could trade in against FIFA/PES 16?

Ardent wrote: »
    Finished it last night. Only 3 survived in my play-through. When I lost Chris I was genuinely devastated!

Good game - sound effects, music and graphics were all top notch. Had all the hallmarks of a high budget horror flick. Not sure if I'd be arsed going back to replay any of the episodes though. 8/10.

Might just trade it in. I'm new to console gaming - anyone know where I could trade in against FIFA/PES 16?

You'll get 38 quid cash in CEX; then buy Fifa in argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Anyone know where I can get this cheap?

Have a 4 day weekend and was hoping to get it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone know where I can get this cheap?

Have a 4 day weekend and was hoping to get it tomorrow

It's on sale in the PSN Store €35 i think with PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

It's on sale in the PSN Store €35 i think with PS+.

Thanks ,couldn't find it for less than 42 on the p's store. ..was hoping for the disc version as I hear it's a short game and ill be trading it in after a full play, maybe 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

after being fatigued from open world games and hearing alot about this finished over the last two nights in two sittings.brilliant game. loved it.id recommend anyone give it a go feels original enough and i was hooked until final credits.renting it off extravision for three nights for a tenner was ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Finished first play through - 2 dead (one from a wobble during a don't move and the other because I assumed a character would do x when I did y. They didn't. They died. I swore.)

Question for collectible junkies like me, when I replay an episode to grab a missed collectible - can I jump ship as soon as I have picked it up, or do I need to play to the end of the chapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Played about an hour so far and enjoying the experience. However, none of the characters are likable at all so far. My aim will be to get them all killed if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Very enjoyable! I ended with 6 survivors. Quite happy with that.

Interesting how I disliked the characters at the start, to then being desperate to keep them alive at the end!

I'll be interested to see their next game. It was a much more watertight offering than David Cage's nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Finished this last night with 3 survivors. I enjoyed it enough to want to play through it again sometime.
    Flicked the light switch at the end Mike & Emily died in that. I enjoyed it more up until the "killer" was revealed to be Josh & the Wendigo appeared. I thought the stranger with the flame thrower was killed off far too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I kept ****ing up the "don't move" sections, got someone killed. I think I was only successful once, the controller insists i moved even when I'm sure I didn't!

• Advertisement

Robsweezie wrote: »
    I kept ****ing up the "don't move" sections, got someone killed. I think I was only successful once, the controller insists i moved even when I'm sure I didn't!

For those sections you should actually try and keep the controller in that area instead of not moving at all. I found that easier to do.

Advertisement