Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Until Dawn PS4 Sony

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NineEggs

Just finished it. Only 1 death. I've had enough jump scares to last me a lifetime! Great game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Downloaded this on + for free over the weekend and played chapter 1 last night.

As a fan of cheesy 80s slasher movies I'm really enjoying it.

For a game that you don't really do anything in, at least so far, it's terribly engrossing.

I'm also loving Peter Stromare in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

By coincidence it's next up to be discussed on the Cane & Rinse podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Finished it last night and got
    4 people out alive.

It was a really, really great game. One of the ones I enjoyed the most in recent years
    I loved how with the butterfly effect you could see how earlier choices effected later outcomes

Also contrary to a lot of posters here, I actually liked the shift between Act 1 and 2 a lot, made it feel like I was getting a whole 1.5x of a game (and the game was free anyway haha).
    The shift reminded me of old Resi Games (Code Veronica era)
    where initially the going would be slow and spooky and then more fast paced and pacey.
    We're walking around investigating every single thing early and the final third is just me legging it shooting up barrells and blowing up lads

I was honestly blown away by how good this was on all fronts.
    I have a bit more to say about Totems/Choices/Branching Stories/Plot Twists , but I'll edit them back in later with some spoiler tags

The overall pacing of the game is decent, but honestly you need to just trudge through the 1st 3-4 chapters with their a$$holeish conversations. When you get to Chapters 4-6 it's starts getting FAR better. Bowing out before chapter 4 is the equivalent of turning a horror movie off after 25minutes, and a lot of films spend that much time just setting up the context and characters and such, so I felt it was much the same here and accepted it.

1st third: Why are we here, who are these jerks, why are you going that way you idiot?
    2nd third: Oh f**k, what the hell was that? AGGHH! Ohhh, wait, I think I regonise that thing. OH HO HO HOooooo f**k.
    3rd third: HOLY F**KING ****. AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH. OMFG. :eek: Not Camofrog, anyone but Camofrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Finished it and got everyone out after some creative dash-boarding right at the end. I made one wrong choice and wasted four of them. Considering what I went through to get them to that point I thought that was a little harsh.
    The end was fantastic. Although I'm not sure sitting stock still with your eyes tightly shut is the way to play video games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah the game doesn't explain the consequences of that final option very well. I've blown up poor Mike twice right at the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Just finished it there and kept my favourite character alive till the last scene
    MMMMIIIIIKKKKEEEEE :(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

irishman86 wrote: »
    Just finished it there and kept my favourite character alive till the last scene
    MMMMIIIIIKKKKEEEEE :(:(:(:(

I quit a couple of times after doing that to go back and stop that happening. Those don't move sections were as annoying as fook near the end. Loved the game though. Loved how mad it got near the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm enjoying it so far, but dead-eyed virtual Peter Stormare alone is basically like an all expenses paid month-long trip to the Uncanny Valley.

I'm enjoying it so far, but dead-eyed virtual Peter Stormare alone is basically like an all expenses paid month-long trip to the Uncanny Valley.

Mr Robot's Remi Malek actually looks like a robot throughout most of it but it did little to dampen my enjoyment of it.

• Advertisement

Mr Robot's Remi Malek actually looks like a robot throughout most of it but it did little to dampen my enjoyment of it.

I hate him in everything hes in, his face weirds me out :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Around halfway through, and I only have this observation: Emily is a terrible, terrible (fictional) human being.

Around halfway through, and I only have this observation: Emily is a terrible, terrible (fictional) human being.

Ha, in my run-through I wanted to save everyone but she made it quite hard. The temptation to get her bumped off was overwhelming. The incredibly annoying voice is just perfect for her.

Ha, in my run-through I wanted to save everyone but she made it quite hard. The temptation to get her bumped off was overwhelming. The incredibly annoying voice is just perfect for her.

Hahahaahahaha i was devastated she survived mine, i thought i had finished her off multiple times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I love that Emily has
    the most potential deaths in the game, one of which is actually just the player being given the chance to shoot her in the face if they want, they know she's awful. Even if she survives her police tapes in the end are her just bitching about the others

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I liked Emily waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Jessica

Emily's was the death that caused me to reset 75% of the way through

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You can get Jessica to strip down to her undies tho

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gave this a second play-through over the week and managed to keep everyone alive.

6DRUtfG.png

Such a brilliant game. In my top 5 for sure

I am one of that 7.8%. Really surprised by how much I enjoyed this game. The jump scares were pretty bad in the middle of the night. Spilled my wine everywhere, such a wuss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement