Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bidding on House - Can I confirm other bidders actually exist

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Barely Hedged

jmayo wrote: »
    They were my examples of tests just to try out EA.

And why shouldn't they know something about such things ?
    Are you seriously saying they should know nothing about a properties location ?
    Look at most property ads especially in smaller towns/villages where they make reference to every god damm amenity in the area, schools, golfcourses, sports clubs, etc.

They should know as much information and data that is easily accessible and verifiable. Everything youve listed is very easy to assess and verify.

Where do you access data such as traffic in the morning and burglary statistics and why would they? Theyre selling the house to you and they want to highlight its good points. To think that a sales person should research and the openly provide you with obscure, unverifiable information that will do nothing but potentially damage the chances of sale, is nothing but naive.

And again I am more so talking about property in smaller towns/villages rather than an estate in a suburb of Dublin.

Did you mention you were talking about that in the first place?
    Because again maybe they should be able to tell you something about a property history.
    And again the point is to see if they outright lie.
    e.g the lie would be for instance that there was never any planning sought and refused after initial build rather than there was some planning sought or I don't know.

What if the vendor lies to them. The vendor says everything is fine and nothing was ever sought? Does this mean the estate agent is lying or just conveying information like every middle man? Ever hear the saying, dont shoot the messenger?
    I would rather they say I don't know or I will check it out with vendor to the above questions rather than an outright lie.

Oh and don't worry, I would never trust an EA's word or vendor's word about planning issues.

Well then, why ask them such questions? You know the information youre getting has a good chance of being heavily biased in the vendors favour.

Advertisement