Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BESS

• 13-08-2015 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey, I'm happy with my points but I came up a little short as I was looking for BESS in Trinity.
    I got 490 and has been 495 for the past 3 years.

is there much of a chance of it falling in points this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

Hey, I'm happy with my points but I came up a little short as I was looking for BESS in Trinity.
    I got 490 and has been 495 for the past 3 years.

is there much of a chance of it falling in points this year?

I got 485 and I've given up hope on Bess unfortunately. I hope for your sake it goes down! I'd love to know about it though. I'm sitting here in carrick on Shannon weeping about my 485

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

It was 490 in 2012 and 480 in 2011. There's definitely a chance it could drop by 5 or 10 points IMO, but I wouldn't be getting my hopes up too high. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

I got 495 and I'm worried I won't get a place but sure look, what happens happens...hope it drops for your sake !

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hereismyhat

Thanks for your replies! I'm hoping for the drop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

As long as it doesn't move I'll be ok, but fingers crossed there's a drop for all of ye! I'm feeling sicker the closer it gets!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Leitrim96

With 485should I just give up allhope on BESS?

Leitrim96 wrote: »

There's absolutely no way of knowing what way it'll go until Monday, it all completely depends on the points of the people that applied! I hope it works out for you!!

Leitrim96 wrote: »

I think were both in trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

There's absolutely no way of knowing what way it'll go until Monday, it all completely depends on the points of the people that applied! I hope it works out for you!!

Not even Monday, as there is a chance it could drop another 5 points at 2nd/3rd Offer. Dont forgot to view your scripts to see if you can go up a grade in anything. I went up 15 points in my rechecks. In Geography, I almost got full marks in all my long questions and like near full markers in my short questions. I did my project perfectly and got only 60 marks for it. I was looking at the marks given and there was just no ticks for most of my questions. So I appealed it and went up to an A1

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Not even Monday, as there is a chance it could drop another 5 points at 2nd/3rd Offer. Dont forgot to view your scripts to see if you can go up a grade in anything. I went up 15 points in my rechecks. In Geography, I almost got full marks in all my long questions and like near full markers in my short questions. I did my project perfectly and got only 60 marks for it. I was looking at the marks given and there was just no ticks for most of my questions. So I appealed it and went up to an A1

If you recheck , and go up a grade , and then get offered a place dont you have to wait until the next academic year starts though before you begin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

If you recheck , and go up a grade , and then get offered a place dont you have to wait until the next academic year starts though before you begin?

Not always. If there is space in the course when the results of the rechecks come back then you might be able to start straight away. Otherwise they'll give you the spot next Sept. A year really is nothing in the long run though so it's not a big deal if it's a course you really want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

It depends on the course. Apparently it only dentistry,that you have to wait until the following year for. I know people who went up in a recheck and went to BESS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sophie55

BESS is my dream course and I got 500 but am going for a few rechecks, lets just pray it goes down tomorrow and doesnt jump up

Well I blew it , BESS shoots up in points .

I have 510 so just scraped in! So sorry to everyone who is disappointed today :(

Advertisement