Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help in Creating a Soccer Skills APP

Options
  • 13-08-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi Guys

First of all,

I have read the stickythread for this forum on these requests.

I appreciate that you mightsee a lot of posts up here saying, “I have a great idea for an APP”.

While I am not looking forfree labour, I would like some guidance on what is my best approach to make this APPa reality.

This is the story so far:

We are looking for some help in create an APP forSoccer Street Skills

My friend is an ex-professional footballer and has a first class honours degreein Sports Science. We both have extensive experience in coaching.

The ethos behind the project is that the majority ofinformation out there is Coach orientated whereas our project is playerorientated. The hope is that young people would download the APP and thenpractice the skills themselves.

We have met a guy who is going to shoot the skills videos. He lectures in MediaStudies, so we think he will do a real professional job with the video/ filmclips. We are presently scouting locations and developing further skills.

Our problem is getting a APP developer on board. Wehave done some research and we would like to a similar structure to anexisting soccer APP called Vogels SoccerMastery. (We hope to be different by using a Street background andStreet features (Kerbs, gates, poles etc.)

Like Vogels, we want a simple links to the variousskills. The initial APP is free with additional costs for unlocking additionalskills.

SO, what is my best approach for getting an APPdeveloper on board?

Should we produce a tender package for IT companies?

Where would we find freelancers?

What about outsourcing aboard?

Is the Vogels structure very complicated/ expensive?

I hope my post doesn’t contravene any forum rules. Iam merely looking for directions

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Looked at the Vogel Soccer App video.

The only real complexity in what you want is locking the content videos you want people to pay for.

You could develop an App and have a backend website do the heavy lifting of the payments and video part....that would seriously cut down on cost.

Outsourcing abroad has it's horror stories and great reviews....pick which you choose to believe.

If you go down the Native App route and seek quotes then be prepared to try and be your Bank Managers best new buddy....App Development Quotes were/are like Celtic Tiger House prices....people charge what they can because everyone else does....

Finally.....I hope your cameraman friend has a good HD camera with superslo motion...and wish you luck with your shoot and project......nice idea using your skillset....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You could develop an App and have a backend website do the heavy lifting of the payments and video part....that would seriously cut down on cost.

Just on this, be aware that if you are developing an app where the paid for content is being consumed through the app you may need to use the first party purchasing solutions from Apple and Google or you may risk your app being rejected or removed from the stores. They also take a cut of the price you charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Thanks for the tips guys

A friend of mine suggested this company/ developer

http://vidapp.com/

They seem to take your videos and then do everything fromthere. Their previous projects look very professional.

I think they take 10 percent of your sales which might explaintheir cheap costs. ($500)

Is this too good to be true?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Haven't come across them before, they're not the slickest apps in the world but they might be a good way to test the market.

I see they offer a $49 package if you self-build your app too.

There's probably other 'app builder' type solutions out there too, it might be worth seeing what else is out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Just on this, be aware that if you are developing an app where the paid for content is being consumed through the app you may need to use the first party purchasing solutions from Apple and Google or you may risk your app being rejected or removed from the stores. They also take a cut of the price you charge.

Very true....I only thought of that after the fact and I had posted....tricky bloody thing to navigate around....also vidapp does look the way to go for you....

• Advertisement
Advertisement