Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DARE cancellation?

• 13-08-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Is there anyway I can withdraw my DARE application? During the summer I realised I'd much rather have my second choice of course and as it stands at the minute, I have enough points for my second choice and will most likely get my first if I am accepted into it through DARE. I hate to think that someone else on DARE will miss out for this course because of me being stupid but more importantly, I hate to think I'll miss out because I was stupid! Anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

exovoomnia wrote: »
    Is there anyway I can withdraw my DARE application? During the summer I realised I'd much rather have my second choice of course and as it stands at the minute, I have enough points for my second choice and will most likely get my first if I am accepted into it through DARE. I hate to think that someone else on DARE will miss out for this course because of me being stupid but more importantly, I hate to think I'll miss out because I was stupid! Anything I can do?

Unfortunately not, the way the cao is designed is your first course of choice is first and therefore it's the one you want most. You can wait until 2nd rounds come out and see maybe but it's unlikely, but ring the dare office to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Androidable

exovoomnia wrote: »

Not sure how the thing fully works, but I think the fact that you have enough points for your course that you won't need to use the extra points you get for the DARE thing, You won't use up a DARE/HEAR place in your college.

Now I might be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

If your course in the same university/IT, say you want to withdraw from the college. They will let you switch to any course within your points range

Advertisement