Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile number associated with different customer!

Options
  • 13-08-2015 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi just recieved this text message 
    "[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Your Electric Ireland account is overdue.Our credit terms are 14 days from bill date.Call us on 018035166 to pay/discuss options. [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]www.electricireland.ie/payments[/font]"
     even though my 3 accounts are direct debit, called customer support and was informed my mobile number had been associated with a different customer so just documenting this here in case of any problems in the future regarding billing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi hazchem,

We are sorry to read this.

In order to us to note this on your account, we would need you to send us your details via private message.

For account security, we need you to confirm the following details for us:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Hi hazchem,

We are sorry to read this.

In order to us to note this on your account, we would need you to send us your details via private message.

For account security, we need you to confirm the following details for us:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number or date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We can then look into your query for you.

Thanks,
    Aoife
    Hi Aoife PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi hazchem,

We have received your private message. Thank you for that.

We are having difficulty responding to your private message. Can you check your settings to make sure you can receive them?

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Hi David,

Thank you for your private message reproduced here.

"Hi Sean,

Thanks for confirming those details.

We can see that your mobile number 087 xxxxxx is listed on another account not associated with your own. This was most likely due to either an agent error or an error in information we received.

Unfortunately we're unable to remove the number from the other account without the permission of the account holder; our apologies for this inconvenience. I have however made a note of the situation on your own account and the other account, so you can discard such texts in future.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David"

I find it an unsatisfactory response of yours to discard such texts in the future. I suggest you contact the account holder advise him or her of your error and have it corrected immediately your organisation created this error so fix it and get back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi hazchem,

I'm sorry to hear you find this unsatisfactory. I will look into this matter further and update you by private message.

If you have any other queries in the meantime we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

• Advertisement
Advertisement