Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training angling spot around Dublin?

Options
  • 13-08-2015 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi folks!

I'm a newbie on angling but I would like to try it. Since my father in law is coming over from Italy, I'd like to bring him somewhere around Dublin where we can train with hopefully a place where to rent all the gear.

Is there anything like this in the Dublin area?

Thanks!

Stefano

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

No "training" facilities as such - but look up some trout lakes in the area, ring them up and ask do they do lessons on site or is there someone there who would show you how to get started, even a local who you could throw a few bob to for a couple of hrs of their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Username Exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Alanbyrne88

Rathbeggan Lakes on the navan road is a trout lake and they do give lessons and supply rods And is a great day out for fishing and also they have plenty of stuff for kids.or if you are feeling adventurous jump on a bus to galway. Galway ya fishing do a day tour on the ocean for 65€ each for a full day or €35 for half day. Myself and a friend done the full day and it was brilliant. They take you out on the boat from 9am and fish up around the cliffs of moher then they bring you over to the Aran islands for lunch and back fishing until 6:30 then bring you to a seafood restaurant were you can be served the fish that you catches. Really really good day.

Advertisement