Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSA Consultation Re Changes in CRW

Options
  • 13-08-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Follow THIS LINK to an RSA survey document in connection with proposed changes to Commercial Vehicle CRW Testing.

I know motor caravans are not commercial vehicles but they are included by The RSA and will be effected by any changes if we don't speak up.

The consultation period began on 31st July 2015 and the closing date for submissions is 11th September 2015.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I don't understand your query, or what problem you foresee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

aujopimur wrote: »
    I don't understand your query, or what problem you foresee.

I've no query :confused:

I don't foresee any problems, but it's no harm just to let The RSA know we exist as a category of owners separate from commercial vehicle operators.

The survey is an opportunity to give the requested feedback and add any comments we feel may need to be made about the testing of motor caravans as distinct from the testing of commercial vehicles.
    For example:
    Why can't we get our vehicles tested 90 days in advance like is available to cars.
    Why are motor caravans over 3.5t tested like HGV's when they are based on the chassis and mechanicals of LGV's and are only required to be tested the same as cars/LGV's by the EU.
    Why is a motor caravan more expensive to test than its passenger version, example VW T5 Caravelle can go through the NCT center for €55 but if it a camper its €76.86 at a VTN center

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Hi Niloc,

to assist me in filling out the survey pro our position can you suggest what wording we use for each section ?

I have only had a quick look and note that each question has a free text box underneath. I want to make sure that I "politely" highlight our message :)

Advertisement